AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend General Discussion

Old 09-23-2011, 10:38 PM   #1
GreenHornet Legend

GreenHornet Legend is on a distinguished road
Question Vacuum Leak???

Ok so today I rolled down my windows and heard a faint whistle sound coming from the engine. I think. I don't think it is the exhaust because you hear it most when I have the hood open. When I give it gas it stops but when it gets back to idling speed it starts up again. It's constant (no pulsing). Is there a common hose in the intake that could be the problem or is this something to worry about? I can't see anything now (too dark) so I'll have to check it tomorrow. It's just a really quiet whistle.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:05 PM   #2
Vipstats

Vipstats is on a distinguished road

I don't think it's something to worry about yet. But check it tomorrow and try to give a more detailed description of where it is coming from.
Vipstats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 07:27 AM   #3
Quaraxkad
Moderator?

Quaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Quaraxkad

Do you have an aftermarket air intake? They will make a faint whistling sound at idle, and it will be louder and more noticeable if your idle speed is too high. With the stock airbox this sound is suppressed by the resonators.
Quaraxkad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:47 AM   #4
GreenHornet Legend

I do have a Spectre intake, but I've never heard a whistle before? I don't know... Maybe the pipe moved a little and now it's in just the right position to make a whistle. I'm going to check now.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:17 AM   #5
GreenHornet Legend

It's not making the sound right now. I think it must have been the intake. thanks. I will post up a question or know for sure where its coming from on here if it starts again.