AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > Detailing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2013, 03:08 PM   #1
Dreams94coupe

Dreams94coupe has a spectacular aura aboutDreams94coupe has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Dreams94coupe
Default Detailed a RX8

My friend has an RX8 and for 2yrs now he has been bugging me about detailing his car and I finally agreed to the job. At first I didn't think it was going to be bad because I know he always washed it and parked it up for the winter time but man I was horrible.

Issues that needed to be addressed were:
-fogged up headlights and tail lights
-tar removal
-Bird shit that's etched in the paint
-swirl marks
-scuff and scratch marks
-paint feeling like sand paper
-engine detail
-exhaust build up on tail pipe
-water marks on headliner
-clean up leather seats

Here are pics of what I had to start off with:

First thing I start off with before even considering washing the car is to do the engine bay first. The engine bay wasn't so bad so I just did the standard degrease followed by cd2 detailer. Pics of the after when the owner sends me some more pics.

For the paint I did wash, clay, polish, wax, and sealant. Below is a video of how bad the paint was. It took me 4.5hrs just to clay to car. The clay bar that I used was from Meguiars

before:

After (only swiping 2 times):

For the muffler tail pipe my friend was going to get new ones since the looked so bad. i decided to take on the challenge just to see what i can do. I used a cleaner that is meant for bbq grills and it literally cleaned off all the build up within secs and all I had to do was wipe it off with a damp cloth.

Here a pic of the headlight after the initial pass. More pics later of the final result in direct sunlight (Yes I know Chrispy).

Here are some night shots of the car when I dropped it off and man no one couldn't believe that it was his car. Needless to say the response from everyone was overwhelming and immediately had 4 people lined up for jobs but to be honest I probably wont be doing this again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreams94coupe View Post
I've invested way too much time, money, blood sweat and tears for me to see someone else enjoy it. Only way I'm giving up my Vanessa is till death do us apart.

Last edited by Dreams94coupe; 06-22-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Dreams94coupe is offline   Reply With Quote