AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend General Discussion

Old 11-25-2011, 01:00 PM   #1
|Legend|NYC|
|LEGEND|NYC|

|Legend|NYC| is on a distinguished road
Default ATTN: Your personal advice/professional bodywork advice

Whats up .Org family,
For the one's that don't know, I recently gotten into a front-end collision last week. I need everyone's advice as to what I should to with this car. The bodyshop quoted me over 5k in order to fix her up. I don't have that cash on hand to fix it, however maybe if I can manage to get some used parts (some on this forum, and other resources) that I can possibly cut down on the price to fix her up. I have taken some pictures in order to see and assess my damages. So without further ado, here we go with the pics.....

Initial scene of the accident

Back on my driveway, better pics since the last couple of days have been raining

So I got down to as far as what parts I need first immediately:
1)Hood
2)D/S fender
3)D/S headlight
4)D/S cornerlight -(I have)
5)D/S lower control arm
6)D/S upper control arm -(I have OEM BNIB)
7)Front bumper reinforcement bar
8)Front bumper
9)Front d/s bumper signal light

If there is anything else I left out, please let me know. But as far as the damages is concerned, how bad is this??hgeez: Professional or non professional advice/concerns would be appreciated. Thank you all.

Last edited by |Legend|NYC|; 11-25-2011 at 01:27 PM.
|Legend|NYC| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:06 PM   #2
Dreams94coupe

Dreams94coupe has a spectacular aura aboutDreams94coupe has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Dreams94coupe

Looks like you frame damage... Me personally I would cut my losses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreams94coupe View Post
I've invested way too much time, money, blood sweat and tears for me to see someone else enjoy it. Only way I'm giving up my Vanessa is till death do us apart.
Dreams94coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:13 PM   #3
|Legend|NYC|
|LEGEND|NYC|

Def the front corner, but I was thinking, is there any way where the bodyshop can pull out the metal (sort of like straightening it out), I know it won't be the exactly straight, but enough for the fender to fit and the corner /headlight?
Old 11-25-2011, 01:19 PM   #4
LROI
$GO HARD$

LROI is on a distinguished road

thats what i was eyballing...that twist....it prolly could be tweaked enuff to get a fender on...the suspension and bumper bar, stock headlights i have...but in pa...dam near ohio so shipping might be expensive
LROI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:24 PM   #5
|Legend|NYC|
|LEGEND|NYC|

Quote:
Originally Posted by LROI View Post
thats what i was eyballing...that twist....it prolly could be tweaked enuff to get a fender on...the suspension and bumper bar, stock headlights i have...but in pa...dam near ohio so shipping might be expensive
well we shall see, maybe one item at a time or something, that's unless this body work is feasible within my budget..thanks for the offer, I'll keep that in mind
Old 11-25-2011, 01:25 PM   #6
OrangeGen1
Under construction

OrangeGen1 is on a distinguished road

if theres not alot of frame damage or if it isnt to bad it CAN be pulled. Honestly thats a great looking car and i dont think i would be willing to part with it. Also i bought my 91 wrecked and was worse and still managed to scrape the parts together to fix it and now looks fine with the exception of few pieces of core support being bent.
OrangeGen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:31 PM   #7
Dreams94coupe

Dreams94coupe has a spectacular aura aboutDreams94coupe has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Dreams94coupe

Based on physics the force will travel all the way to your rear bumper. So technically you really wont know until you start taking stuff off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreams94coupe View Post
I've invested way too much time, money, blood sweat and tears for me to see someone else enjoy it. Only way I'm giving up my Vanessa is till death do us apart.
Dreams94coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:33 PM   #8
Eliot

Eliot is on a distinguished road

As some have said, I would cut my losses.
Yes the frame can be pulled without a problem, the only thing that some people will agree and some will disagree with me, is that the frame will never be the same again. Once metal is warped it is not as solid as it used to be before the twist and or bend. Thats my personal experience anyway, the car will not be the same and you will eventually come across problems, even alignment. I prefer to cut the warped metal/frame and weld a new one, in almost every car there is a welding point on the front end of the chassis. I would cut it at that point and have a professional welder install the new piece.
Eliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:42 PM   #9
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Ouch! Sorry to see that! From what I can see, that looks like it is completely totaled. I see lower subframe damage as well as extensive damage to the core support and driver lower frame rail. In all honesty, you would be better off finding a completely new chassis.
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:42 PM   #10
|Legend|NYC|
|LEGEND|NYC|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Riot View Post
As some have said, I would cut my losses.
Yes the frame can be pulled without a problem, the only thing that some people will agree and some will disagree with me, is that the frame will never be the same again. Once metal is warped it is not as solid as it used to be before the twist and or bend. Thats my personal experience anyway, the car will not be the same and you will eventually come across problems, even alignment. I prefer to cut the warped metal/frame and weld a new one, in almost every car there is a welding point on the front end of the chassis. I would cut it at that point and have a professional welder install the new piece.
Damn, I was trying to avoid the welding part, as thats where the most amount of labor would contribute to and the paint, but I could rock it without a good paint until I get my money right first....