AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > AcuraLegend.Org > New Member Introductions

Old 05-07-2018, 07:44 PM   #1
Ang

Ang is on a distinguished road
Default Hello all! Iím looking for some advice on a Ď94 Acura Legend GS

I just sold my 1994 Acura Legend to my roommate and unfortunately now the fuel line needs to be replaced. The car is very rusty on the undercarriage and her boyfriend is afraid to work on it. He doesn’t want to cause any other damages. Is the fuel line an expensive part for this car? Roughly, how long would the job take? Thank you for your input.

Last edited by Ang; 05-07-2018 at 07:54 PM. Reason: My roommate is thinking about junking it! I would hate to see that!
Ang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 08:19 PM   #2
JKLedbetter
Marcel's cousin

JKLedbetter will become famous soon enough

Sounds to me like she needs to junk the boyfriend.

-Kennon
JKLedbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:45 AM   #3
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Your best option for the part is a junk yard vehicle fuel line as I think those are LONG discontinued to buy new. As for how long of a job that depends on:

1) how extensive is the rust as it may require extra care and additional parts to replace.
2) expertise of the boyfriend doing the work.

I hope everyone has fun and the car doesn't head for "the great metal recycling center in the sky".
Old 09-18-2018, 09:59 AM   #4
JJtheRippah
KA7 Noob

JJtheRippah is on a distinguished road

Always some Legends being parted out, help other enthusiasts! Check the facebook page; don't let the bf do the repair!
JJtheRippah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 07:22 PM   #5
radieon
What the Diff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJtheRippah View Post
Always some Legends being parted out, help other enthusiasts! Check the facebook page; don't let the bf do the repair!
I agree, find an enthusiast who can help with replacing that fuel line.
radieon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 11:43 AM   #6
Eliot

Eliot is on a distinguished road

If you friend lives near or in Georgia, I would say go to Velocity Total car care and ask for Tony. He's your guy when it comes to Legends. Chances are he's going to build a fuel line for the vehicle if the damage is too extensive. Otherwise anyone with a good amount of expertise under their belt handling this kind of detailed work will also tell you the same. Even if the person doesn't build one from scratch as other members stated, you can go to a parts yard and source one out or find one here being parted out. Good luck.
Eliot is offline   Reply With Quote