AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Marketplace > Group Buys

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 08:57 PM   #31
Espada

Espada is on a distinguished road

I have a spare diff case all torn down atm. Bearings, spider gear, and ring gear removed.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:08 PM   #32
1_Hot_Legend_L
Village Scientist!

1_Hot_Legend_L is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to 1_Hot_Legend_L

They need the whole carrier without the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino418 View Post
Ass 2 Ass Mon!
Old 01-01-2015, 09:10 PM   #33
holyabish1

holyabish1 will become famous soon enoughholyabish1 will become famous soon enough

Correct, part number #6 in the diagram as a whole.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:13 PM   #34
Midgez95KA7
"blu"Goofyowner

Midgez95KA7 is on a distinguished road

Put me down TJ. AT. Some of the reading I did particularly one comment from a member named Joe from a few years back, said this is the best mod you could add, assuming you enjoy the performance side of our cars and hopefully have added hp through dem modifercationz. Thanks bro.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:14 PM   #35
1_Hot_Legend_L
Village Scientist!

I wonder if #'s 15, 16 and 17 are still available. I wanna do a complete rebuild while I install the LSD.

Quote:
Ass 2 Ass Mon!
Old 01-01-2015, 09:16 PM   #36
1_Hot_Legend_L
Village Scientist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgez95KA7 View Post
Put me down TJ. AT. Some of the reading I did particularly one comment from a member named Joe from a few years back, said this is the best mod you could add, assuming you enjoy the performance side of our cars and hopefully have added hp through dem modifercationz. Thanks bro.
AT/MT are the same.. but you might want to source yourself a manual diff to use the cast iron case. But that up to you. I only suggest it cause I want a bullet proof diff and I believe you would too.

Quote:
Ass 2 Ass Mon!
Old 01-01-2015, 09:19 PM   #37
holyabish1

holyabish1 will become famous soon enoughholyabish1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Hot_Legend_L View Post
I wonder if #'s 15, 16 and 17 are still available. I wanna do a complete rebuild while I install the LSD.
Checked earlier today, and they were.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:23 PM   #38
1_Hot_Legend_L
Village Scientist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyabish1 View Post
Checked earlier today, and they were.
That's what I figured, they are also the same part #'s as the RL. And most of the RL parts are still available.

New bearings a seals here I come. Hmmmm, I wonder if the RL has the same, taller or shorter differential gear ratio?

Quote:
Ass 2 Ass Mon!
Old 01-01-2015, 09:29 PM   #39
rwheadon
S*L*O*W

rwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the rough

Just out of curiosity... how much easier is this going to make it to strip out the ext shaft splines in our final drive?

rich

* Your smoking 3.2 engine is probably ok... replace your valve guide seals before condemning it!
Old 01-01-2015, 09:35 PM   #40
Midgez95KA7
"blu"Goofyowner

Midgez95KA7 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Hot_Legend_L View Post
AT/MT are the same.. but you might want to source yourself a manual diff to use the cast iron case. But that up to you. I only suggest it cause I want a bullet proof diff and I believe you would too.
Good info LD. Ironically as some of you know, blue is sitting idle waiting on a differential as we speak from our boy Alan Jackson who saved my ass. I have a pretty severe rear main seal oil leak and a crankshaft leak after I had the Type 2 intake installed. It was just a few drops before installing it and we believe the higher flow and oil pressure the bigger intake allows, exposed the leak and made it much worse. Meanwhile my differential fluid was coming out too and I was focused on all the motor oil rolling out and missed the diff fluid. Yada yada yada, my wheels locked up on me Friday.

Added comedic/pathetic bonus: ZERO warning but just a few minutes before blue locked up was a little engine whining. NOTHING else. I pulled out onto a pretty busy 4 lane road here and car started bucking like a wild horse, and went about 40 yards total and I managed to get car into the back of a turning lane that takes you into my local 'super' Walmart with just several feet behind me left, which was enough for maybe two cars to get in behind me and it's a long turning lane.

I counted 6 different cars in about 2 hours waiting on wrecker with me having new rims, shocks, and locked up front wheels, get in behind me with my hood up and emergency blinkers on. smh Guess what gender they all were?? I'll leave that for your imagination.