AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > First Generation RL (Third Generation Legend) -- 1996 - 2004 > 1st Gen. RL General Discussion

Old 01-01-2010, 11:49 PM   #1
spcgloc

spcgloc is on a distinguished road
Default The Paint on our RL's

We dont have that "economy friendly/green paint" do we? Im trying to get rid of the swirls off the paint and I was wondering if I could use compound wax which I hear is not good for "EF paint." Can somebody chime in on this and anyone know the best way to get swirls off?
Old 01-02-2010, 12:11 AM   #2
Artillery129

Artillery129 will become famous soon enoughArtillery129 will become famous soon enough

Swirls, if they are light swirls use a polishing compound with a buffer, of course do to the nature of polishing compound it is very difficult to burn through paint, but it can happen and you can screw up your clear coat so be cautious, also it is impossible for your acura legend to be from 04 as stated in your garage, anyways thats beside the point, spread the polishing compound onto the buffer and then spread it around the paint, use some water for lubrication if you wish and then polish away, and clean up, I believe Joey (smokingfastlegend) can chime on detailing, dont take my word for any of this just do a google search sorry lol I don't want to have you mess up your paint
Artillery129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:29 AM   #3
spcgloc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artillery129 View Post
Swirls, if they are light swirls use a polishing compound with a buffer, of course do to the nature of polishing compound it is very difficult to burn through paint, but it can happen and you can screw up your clear coat so be cautious, also it is impossible for your acura legend to be from 04 as stated in your garage, anyways thats beside the point, spread the polishing compound onto the buffer and then spread it around the paint, use some water for lubrication if you wish and then polish away, and clean up, I believe Joey (smokingfastlegend) can chime on detailing, dont take my word for any of this just do a google search sorry lol I don't want to have you mess up your paint
Gotcha.....and LOL on the 04 legend must have not been paying attention
Old 01-02-2010, 05:46 AM   #4
B+O
RIP Fut-diesel

B+O has a spectacular aura aboutB+O has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artillery129 View Post
Swirls, if they are light swirls use a polishing compound with a buffer, of course do to the nature of polishing compound it is very difficult to burn through paint, but it can happen and you can screw up your clear coat so be cautious, also it is impossible for your acura legend to be from 04 as stated in your garage, anyways thats beside the point
Quote:
Originally Posted by spcgloc View Post
LOL on the 04 legend must have not been paying attention
hgeez:

G2BMC
B+O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:33 AM   #5
Captain Slow
Ken

Captain Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCaptain Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCaptain Slow has a spectacular aura about

I don't think honda's paint has changed in the last 20 years, certainly not in a significant or obvious way. For those who own a brand new acura, its embarrassing.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:52 AM   #6
spcgloc

Quote:
Originally Posted by B+O View Post
hgeez:

G2BMC
Old 01-02-2010, 11:57 AM   #7
spcgloc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
I don't think honda's paint has changed in the last 20 years, certainly not in a significant or obvious way. For those who own a brand new acura, its embarrassing.
Its embarrassing to have a new acura? Odd thing to say, but ok.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:11 PM   #8
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Gotcha.....and LOL on the 04 legend must have not been paying attention
Originally Posted by B+O
hgeez:

G2BMC

'04 RL and a '94 Legend is what I see in his garage.

Last edited by 94LegendaryAcuraGS; 01-02-2010 at 12:14 PM.
94LegendaryAcuraGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:57 PM   #9
Captain Slow
Ken

Captain Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCaptain Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCaptain Slow has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Its embarrassing to have a new acura? Odd thing to say, but ok.
Paint has come such a long way in the last 20 years. German cars have paint that will drastically reduce the appearance of road rash and is all around more durable. Even ford recently redesigned their paint in their scheme to put their brand back on the map. Buying a $40k+ car today without this kind of paint is setting yourself up to be embarrassed.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:34 PM   #10
spcgloc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Paint has come such a long way in the last 20 years. German cars have paint that will drastically reduce the appearance of road rash and is all around more durable. Even ford recently redesigned their paint in their scheme to put their brand back on the map. Buying a $40k+ car today without this kind of paint is setting yourself up to be embarrassed.
Ah I see....I was wondering also why they would do that. The only reason I asked was because I bought a 2010 mazda cx7 for my wife and they guy said they had lifetime warranty on paint because it can fade and scratch easily. They said its an Eco friendly paint....So I was like wtf, but ok, hell with lifetime warranty paint I wasnt to worried about it. Now that still leaves my original queston, What year did this fail paint come about...I hope not 2004 lol and I def hope not for acura!