AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Gallery > Legend / RL Galleries > Second Gen Legend Gallery -- 1991 - 1995

Old 05-12-2012, 06:54 AM   #1
Oxer

Oxer is on a distinguished road
Default Oxer's JDM second gen... That Low legend.

Hey guys, so some of you have seen my car in the intro section, so I thought Id post up a little background info on it.

I bought this car about 3 years ago. It was fully imported from Japan, and has quite a few accessories that werent released in Australia. Originally it was an inconspicuos daily driver while my licence was suspended (We all need to make a living somehow right?). When I did get my licence back I decided that the altitude sickness was growing old.

I lowered it using, lets just say, Unconventional springs. Somewhere along the line I came upon the conclusion that being honda's highest quality, classiest model they had to offer, and with the original pricetag in 1992 being upwards of $90k, there was no other path for this car but the VIP one. I decided to purchase some wheels off a friend, which I now kinda regret buying, but I was young and silly and didnt realise there was a world of wheels on YJ Auctions for a lot less.

SSR Proffessors SP1 in an amazing 18x8+49 and 18x9+37 which fit suprisingly well. Damn hondas and their high offsets.

Then tradgety struck. Both head gaskets let go at the same time. Anyone who knows these cars will understand the amount of pain my ass felt in pulling these heads off.

With some sweat, a lot of swearing, a little bit of blood and alcohol the heads were off to be rebuilt and ported.
Oxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:56 AM   #2
Oxer

Before:

After:

I then decided that money might be well spent on more bling, which again is something I look back on and facepalm.jpg but hey, could be worse. :shrug:

Then, once again, tradgety struck. It would appear that this car would take one step forward, and three back. The diff let go the day after my 21st birthday. I was heart broken, due to the fact It was not even driveable to get it home. Being so disheartened with the car, I towed it home, dropped it on the street and left it. after 2 weeks of sitting out the front, some one decided to kick in the rear quarter, for fun I would be guessing. I didnt even care, I had by this stage tied up quite a bit of money in the engine, and the car itself, and now it was nothing. Seemingly worthless.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:01 AM   #3
Oxer

Since I have been working with airbag suspension, I decided that that was the only viable option to go for.. I fixed the diff after having the car off the road for soo long, and now this is how it sits:

I blew an airbag because me being careless I didnt check the clearance between the rear bag and the wheel/tire... Since the standard offset on the wheels are ridiculously high, It was rubbing at a low height, so I have since replaced the bag and spaced the rears out. next on the list is wheels.. I have a set of wheels sitting in the Us waiting for me to pay for shipping, and am currently bidding on another set on yahoo japan. Ill get some pics of those and the air set up shortly, for now enjoy.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:50 AM   #4
BluBrett

BluBrett will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to BluBrett

Wow, nice car, I would hunt down and stab the person that kicked my car.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:52 AM   #5
ledg4f4
O/GS Member

ledg4f4 is on a distinguished road

Man, she sure is sexy before and after the bags. Why did you take the SP1's off?
1994 GS JDM blk/ed out headlights, JDM door sills, Levoc blk/ed out/wood grain shift knob, PIAA white LED interior bulbs, custom white speedo needles w/blk-light LEDs, Remus specific exhaust, Koni Sport Kit, Goodridge G-stop SS brake lines, drilled/slotted rotors, KHrant "Legend" floor and trunk mats, Custom billet battery tray,Trenz billet grill, Optima red top battery, HKS oil cap & then some-
ledg4f4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #6
l4zy415
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!

l4zy415 has a spectacular aura aboutl4zy415 has a spectacular aura aboutl4zy415 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to l4zy415 Send a message via MSN to l4zy415

Wow, quite a story. She had quite a fight with ya lol. But at least you know how things work with the Honda motor and what not. Can't wait to see the air ride setup.

My Build Thread
Oh my gawd
That jar better blow me twice and cook breakfast for $1000.
l4zy415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #7
Oxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
Wow, nice car, I would hunt down and stab the person that kicked my car.
Was a sad day... One day Ill fix the body up and respray the car.. I see myself owning this for years to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledg4f4 View Post
Man, she sure is sexy before and after the bags. Why did you take the SP1's off?
Well the front pair got buckled due to potholes in the city, and were beyond repair... that and I think that these cars make 18"s look like 20"s haha. Im going to be rocking 17"s, to make the car look bigger, and to be able to get lower without serious body modifications. As its a daily, I really dont have the time to keep it off the road at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l4zy415 View Post
Wow, quite a story. She had quite a fight with ya lol. But at least you know how things work with the Honda motor and what not. Can't wait to see the air ride setup.
pulling the heads off on the ground in my garage was one of the most frustrating experiences of my life haha.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:06 PM   #8
bsmooth1027
grill master

bsmooth1027 has a spectacular aura aboutbsmooth1027 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to bsmooth1027

what happend to the SSr wheels ???
Old 05-12-2012, 07:31 PM   #9
Oxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmooth1027 View Post
what happend to the SSr wheels ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxer View Post
Well the front pair got buckled due to potholes in the city, and were beyond repair...
They have since been sold off...
Old 05-13-2012, 01:57 PM   #10
atlfokus
ANDRES

atlfokus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to atlfokus

Looked f-ing incredible with the SSr's, nice work bro.