AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > AcuraLegend.Org > New Member Introductions

Old 06-10-2017, 03:45 PM   #1
KA7_JO
OG JDM Saloon

KA7_JO is on a distinguished road
Cool FNG Here! 1994 Acura Legend L (KA7) Desert Mist Metallic

Hey ya'll my name is Jo. I just joined up to see if I could get some extra input on my project. I bought my 1994 Legend L Sedan Desert Mist Metallic in 2009 with my own hard earned money. Best $2000 I've ever spent! When I bought the car, it had about 190+K on the odometer. It sits right now at 251K. It was daily driven and taken on couple of road trips to Eastern Washington with no hiccups. I drove her for 4 years before the HG popped. It was exhibiting symptoms now and then. I would just keep adding coolant as necessary. I would do regular maintenance with genuine parts. I guess working for an Acura Parts Department helps with that.
Well once it overheated and popped the head gasket, it sat for the most part since 2013. I have two other vehicles, both Nissans, Xterra & 240sx. I daily the 240 while my wife and kids roll the Xterra.
Now I think it's time to resurrect the KA7 to it's former glory. It's going to be a semi-resto project for the most part. I want to fix all the broken or old stuff. Interior, exterior, suspension, engine work etc..
I've started the slow process of doing a head gasket job as well as timing belt/ water pump since I'm in there. I've had it semi stripped down for awhile now. I can only work on it when time & weather permits. I just recently pulled the intake manifold assembly off. Now digging into the timing belt stuff and then taking the heads off. Should be a fun next couple of weeks.
My goal for this project is a clean daily, semi-VIP look. I plan on throwing big wheels and coilovers at it. Low & slow with old school cool looks. I just want to see if I can get another 100K out of her.
Cheers and I hope I can meet more of ya'll fellow Legend enthusiasts!
KA7_JO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 06:08 AM   #2
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Welcome to the fam!

Well you're going to learn very quickky that finding OEM parts is more and more of a challenge as MANY parts ard now discontinued and out of stock. As we speak the National Acura Legend Meet being held in Sacramento California is nearing its end. You would have no doubt met some of the REAL Legend enthusiasts there. Best of success in the restoration and keep in mind you can post up in the "Want to Buy" section of the forum needs for parts you are having difficulty in finding.
Old 06-13-2017, 05:02 PM   #3
KA7_JO
OG JDM Saloon

KA7_JO is on a distinguished road

Thanks 94LegendaryAcuraGS!
KA7_JO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 10:12 PM   #4
chompsterlegend

chompsterlegend is on a distinguished road

Welcome! I got families that live in Lacey. I try to visit once a year.
Old 08-15-2017, 06:23 AM   #5
Branden

Branden is on a distinguished road

How you doing man I'm new around here as well and look to be restoring and working on a couple old legends. Contact me any time
Branden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:07 PM   #6
Tyson
Road Trip King

Tyson will become famous soon enoughTyson will become famous soon enough

Welcome aboard! Keep us posted on the restoration project.

Thanks Alex for the sig!
http://drivetofive.wordpress.com
Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote