AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Community Events > Southwest US Region > NorCal

Notices

Old 02-22-2015, 07:06 PM   #1
living_legend
Neck Breaker

living_legend is on a distinguished road
Default Nor Cal Spring 2015 meet

Posting this on here in case some members are not on the Northern California Facebook Page, or other members might be in the area during this time.

Lets get back into the meets Nor Cal. This will be our first meet of the year and I will apologize in advance, as for some, it might be to much of a short notice.

As some of you know I work in photography as my side job and off season in my main construction job. Since I have been working so much, last year, I have had very little time for my own goals and have been waiting for the chance to take Miss 87 out towards the Bay Area for some cool photo shoots. Now that my main work is slow and I am almost done with my latest mod, that very few people know about. I would like my unveiling photos to be in/around SF and also would like to give the Nor Cal team a first hand in-person view of this never before done mod (at least to my knowledge) on a G1. Thats right you get to see it before any forum member, fan, enthusiast, follower or whatever you want to call it.

Don't think this is all about me, I love photography and love sharing it. So that means FREE Photo Opportunities here. My camera will for sure be there and most of you guys know my skills and so here is my plan, which might change if majority does not agree.

First everyone meets at Treasure Island @ 11:00 AM. This will be our meet and greet point. I will be there earlier but I want to start doing photos at 11. I want to do group photos as well as individual photos for every one in front of the new bay bridge. Depending on the outcome that could be around 2 hours there.

Then around 1:00 PM head over towards the Golden Gate bridge to the same rest area place we did the meet couple years back. A few more photo ops with the Golden Gate bridge in the background and that might take up to an hour. then jump on the other side of the freeway and up to the old military base at the top of the mountain for more photos. That maybe another hour.

I am guessing it would be around 3:30ish and would like to stop at In-N-Out in Mill Valley which is about 8 miles north of the Golden Gate. The mill valley location is closest to us from that point with the best parking lot besides the one in downtown SF, which is not fun with parking. So more photo ops at In-N-Out because you know whats more WestCoast then the Iconic Golden Gate Bridge and In-N-Out?

In-N-Out will be our last stop on the schedule. So everyone heads out or just goes from there, whatever is clever.

During and throughout the meet we will also be talking about suggestions for the next meet, which will probably the Summer/Fall meet.

Also its up to you to show up whenever and leave whenever, this is not a contract. LOL

I will also be posting pics in the comments to show examples of what I want.

Treasure Island, this was from last years fall meet which we got there at night, so photos this time around will be in the daylight.

Here is an idea of what I want from the old military base, Which I feel like I can do better.

The Build
The Pictures
living_legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 01:07 AM   #2
living_legend
Neck Breaker

BUMP. This weekend...been super busy doing final touches and adjustments. I want to finish it by friday night

The Build
The Pictures
Old 03-20-2015, 09:52 AM   #3
ThirstyTree

ThirstyTree is on a distinguished road

Id love to make it up there but my girl has conferences in SD all weekend. Maybe we can do a Cali meet halfway sometime this summer, not enough goin on in this beautiful state

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
while pooping
Old 03-20-2015, 10:14 AM   #4
living_legend
Neck Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirstyTree View Post
Id love to make it up there but my girl has conferences in SD all weekend. Maybe we can do a Cali meet halfway sometime this summer, not enough goin on in this beautiful state

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
while pooping
yea there has been talk of an all cali meet for years now and never got set in stone....I always suggested Monterey county as the meet point. It is in the middle coast of cali. I would aim for the fall time. Too hot in the summer, in the valley at least

The Build
The Pictures
Old 03-25-2015, 06:54 PM   #5
1988G1

1988G1 is on a distinguished road

cant wait for more pix
1988G1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 01:04 AM   #6
living_legend
Neck Breaker

http://forums.acuralegend.org/nor-ca...15-t33093.html

The Build
The Pictures
Old 04-28-2015, 08:36 AM   #7
AGYMAH
Ah-Gee-Mah

AGYMAH is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by living_legend View Post
yea there has been talk of an all cali meet for years now and never got set in stone....I always suggested Monterey county as the meet point. It is in the middle coast of cali. I would aim for the fall time. Too hot in the summer, in the valley at least
Great Idea. We actually did it in May 2012 in Monterey County and we could only get 2 people from NorCal to show up.
http://forums.acuralegend.org/5-19-1...al-t25064.html

"You all live your pitiful lives following a set of rules to a game that does not exist"....
AGYMAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:50 PM   #8
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

That really was an awesome meet! Spot was good too as it was about the same distance drive for most people.
RIP fut
sam o nela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:12 AM   #9
LarryLegend

LarryLegend is on a distinguished road

The NorCal Legends are having a meet on May 30 in Sacramento. The info is on the Facebook events page. I'm sure Living Legend will cross post here soon, but here's a link for now....https://m.facebook.com/events/628362010598882?acontext=%7B"ref"%3A2%2C"ref_dashboard_filter"%3A"upcoming"%7D&aref=2&arefdashboardfilter=upcoming&ref=bookmark
LarryLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 04:02 PM   #10
living_legend
Neck Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGYMAH View Post
Great Idea. We actually did it in May 2012 in Monterey County and we could only get 2 people from NorCal to show up.
http://forums.acuralegend.org/5-19-1...al-t25064.html
I did not even know about this....my first time ever seeing the images on that link

The Build
The Pictures