AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Community Events > Southwest US Region > NorCal

Notices

Old 09-04-2012, 01:26 AM   #1
living_legend
Neck Breaker

living_legend is on a distinguished road
Default The Official Bay Area Meet In Sacramento

So I know everyones been wanting (for the last couple years) and plans have been made by outsiders, for a Bay area meet in Sacramento, and since I am the only Sac native thats keeping the towns name around in the bay area meets, that leaves me to this, to host the event.

These bay area meets are cool but its either a must hit or a complete miss. so id like to make this a must hit Sac meet, and plans have been started.

I want to get this straight first and reason why I never helped in the attempt of the first meet. There will be no go karting or mini golfing or anything like that, do that with your girlfriend, wife, family or during guys night, no offense you guys are cool people but we all met because we had one thing in common....The Acura Legend, so lets keep it at that okay. cool.

I do have many ideas in my mind and please do expect some slight changes as we get closer to the date. I also think I can bring something to the table that will make people come to this meet, trust me it will be a little epic, so keep your eye on the thread evertime I upgrade it....im serious so you, should get serious about it too, youre not going to want to miss this one.

So here is the plan....

1)Everyone meet in front of the State Capitol building. There is a small round-about parking lot right across the street of the front of the building. This will be our start point. We hang out there till everyone arrives and welcome each other and get comfortable and then take pics.

2)We head right down the street to Old Sacramento. I think we'll get some really good shots out there. They got old wood and brick buildings and brick roads there. its a pretty cool little folk town...So we park there and get some more shots there of course and since we are goin to be parked there we might as well have lunch there. There is a Joes Crab Shack that sits right on the river, in OLD SAC, right next to the draw bridge and if we sit there long enough we might see it get put to work.

3) After Lunch we head to another photoshoot area, just north of Old Sac, to Discovery Park. I really like this park and area where the shots will be are pretty dope...its got a huge parking lot under the I-5 freeway and is perfect in the late after noon....we will arrange the cars in different orders and fashion for these shots.

4) After that shoot we will still remain in the park just drive to the other end (2 min away) where there is parking right next to the river....this is also a really good point to get some shots because its right where the American River and The Sacramento River MEET....

5) The Cruise.....Now this I think would be cool to do....Go on a small cruise up the I-5 to Sacramento International Airport (like a 10 min drive from the park)....Its really green and clean out there (because theres nothing around it lol). The airport is not like the airport in SF....its a whole lot smaller and a whole lot less busy so dont worry about getting lost its super easy and easy to stay in formation...there is no traffic at all, its basically one big lap with some short cuts within the middle....I say this is a good idea because I would like to do a video of us here which I already have ideas and angles set...we will stop in one of the guest parking lots at the airport once we are done and basically part out from there since its right off of the I-5

The Build
The Pictures
living_legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:41 AM   #2
living_legend
Neck Breaker

Our MEET point

Here is the other angle 180 degrees from that (the round-about parking lot i was talking about)

this is crossing the street...we can even park our cars here on the street, that will be cool

this is from the front of the parking lot

and from the back of the round about here

not bad huh?

*****these photos were taken on labor day, thats why there are cars in the pics but on a regular sunday or saturday there are probably like 3 or 4 cars parked there*****

The Build
The Pictures
Old 09-04-2012, 01:55 AM   #3
living_legend
Neck Breaker

This is old sacramento
***Keep in mind fellas this was labor day and they had gold rush days event and closed it down to traffic and is not this busy on a regular weekend and the street is a lot cleaner the dirt and hay are all props for the event

and here is joes crab shack on the river in old sac

There is also an Outdoor section on the other side the restaurant closer to the bridge

The Build
The Pictures
Old 09-04-2012, 01:59 AM   #4
living_legend
Neck Breaker

Ive got pics to post but my photobucket is now acting up on me so give me a couple of hours or days.....but what you guys think of it so far?

One problem though is a date....

I think we should meet in mid october before we get hit with the fog and cloudy gloomy whether....like october 13 or 14...or the following weekend of the 20th or 21st...shall we vote? or can we all agree on one date not to far

The Build
The Pictures
Old 09-04-2012, 07:28 AM   #5
l4zy415
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!

l4zy415 has a spectacular aura aboutl4zy415 has a spectacular aura aboutl4zy415 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to l4zy415 Send a message via MSN to l4zy415

This is going to be awesome man. I'm ok with either date, but Im gonna let others vote since they have some odd schedules. I'm 100% supported for this meet . We gotta show how it's done in NorCal.

My Build Thread
Oh my gawd
That jar better blow me twice and cook breakfast for $1000.
l4zy415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:24 AM   #6
ledg4f4
O/GS Member

ledg4f4 is on a distinguished road
Smile

I'm feeling this Sac meet... so let's make it happen, Bay/Central Legend heads! Let's make this a "no excuse" Cali meet , and start clearing/rearranging our schedules to make this one a success! Sacramento in the Fall should be nice backdrop for some stellar photos too! Thanks for stepping up. Matt!
1994 GS JDM blk/ed out headlights, JDM door sills, Levoc blk/ed out/wood grain shift knob, PIAA white LED interior bulbs, custom white speedo needles w/blk-light LEDs, Remus specific exhaust, Koni Sport Kit, Goodridge G-stop SS brake lines, drilled/slotted rotors, KHrant "Legend" floor and trunk mats, Custom billet battery tray,Trenz billet grill, Optima red top battery, HKS oil cap & then some-

Last edited by ledg4f4; 09-04-2012 at 08:28 AM.
ledg4f4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:27 AM   #7
ledg4f4
O/GS Member

ledg4f4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by l4zy415 View Post
This is going to be awesome man. I'm ok with either date, but Im gonna let others vote since they have some odd schedules. I'm 100% supported for this meet . We gotta show how it's done in NorCal.
+1! Weekend dates are open, just as long there's advance notice- so I'm game for whatever.
1994 GS JDM blk/ed out headlights, JDM door sills, Levoc blk/ed out/wood grain shift knob, PIAA white LED interior bulbs, custom white speedo needles w/blk-light LEDs, Remus specific exhaust, Koni Sport Kit, Goodridge G-stop SS brake lines, drilled/slotted rotors, KHrant "Legend" floor and trunk mats, Custom billet battery tray,Trenz billet grill, Optima red top battery, HKS oil cap & then some-
ledg4f4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:07 AM   #8
living_legend
Neck Breaker

this is a little upstream from joes crab shack but still old sacramento

heres the inside look of the bridge

street level veiw of the bridge

this is on the catwalk going to the boat docks view under the bridge...this is the other side of joes crab shack

this is the view directly in front of joes crab shack on the docks

The Build
The Pictures
Old 09-04-2012, 09:43 AM   #9
living_legend
Neck Breaker

after lunch at joes crab shack we head to discovery park for the freeway parking lot shoot

its a big lot...makes my bike look like a little toy

this one is 180 degrees from the last pic...its the other end of the parking lot

after that like I said we stay in the park just head to the other end, we are going to cross this little bridge, there in the park

this is where we end up at....

Notice the river in the back? the one coming from the north is the sacramento river and the one going to the right, out of the picture is the american river

this the veiw of the "beach" from the parking lot

*****Remember these pictures were taken on Labor day and this was the most packed ive ever seen it so dont freak out about parking...

The Build
The Pictures
Old 09-04-2012, 09:47 AM   #10
living_legend
Neck Breaker

I just need pics of the airport now for the little cruise and will post more pics of the locations as we go to get a better idea of the space and will be checking in on the locations to see when is the least busy times

The Build
The Pictures