AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Off-Topic > The Water Cooler

Old 05-19-2016, 07:56 PM   #31
MarcD
Low mileage nutso

MarcD is on a distinguished road

Price is a bit too high but I kinda like this one Eric...
http://reading.craigslist.org/cto/5579073015.html
MarcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 06:12 PM   #32
Legend to Grave
Love that ride!

Legend to Grave is on a distinguished road

Ken – as long as you mentioned “Canterbury Green” I may as well say that we’re on the same wavelength…. It hurts that we continuously operated the car since new; some kind of weird pride is involved. No problem getting over that old emotional tie that kept it going for so long.

Marc – that car in Easton is a real temptation. Love that Cassis Red Pearl (if that’s what it is).

Alan – I’m confident you are right about the $2,500 – 3,000 price category.

I just sealed the envelope and getting it out tomorrow morning certified return receipt at the PO in town. Maybe I’ll stop off after that at the local hand car wash to give the coupe that seasonal treat. The mud/crud footprint of my daughter on the floor mat getting into the passenger seat at the incident site is driving me nuts.

Good – bye little dried up spider good buddy that only I know was wedged behind the instrument panel window in the crevice all the way to the left for at least 10 years,

Good – bye cup holder that I “fixed” that worked OK for a while then wanted the light of the sun so pops out at the slightest excuse,

Good – bye original equipment donut spare tire whose leaky valve stopped working who knows when that’s taking up space in our garage with its Styrofoam nest that will be swapped back with the full – size spare,

Good – bye to wondering when a rear mud flap that’s held on to the sheet metal by only one good screw will fall off because I’ll probably strip all four of them off the car,

Good – bye to thinking about fixing the driver’s side rear door window that recently started to act up and silicon in the rubber trim is not working this time,

Good – bye to focusing on the dashboard where the damages from a window replacement pissed me off;

Good – bye to the antenna needs some looking after,

Good – bye to joking internally whether to swap or not the Bose to another 4th or 5th time and then this happens (well maybe not the joking part),

OK that's enough

'93 Legend Sedan - Original Owner
"Me" and "Mini Me"
Legend to Grave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 03:11 PM   #33
ActionJackson
Legends to go,please

ActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend to Grave View Post
Ken – as long as you mentioned “Canterbury Green” I may as well say that we’re on the same wavelength…. It hurts that we continuously operated the car since new; some kind of weird pride is involved. No problem getting over that old emotional tie that kept it going for so long.

Marc – that car in Easton is a real temptation. Love that Cassis Red Pearl (if that’s what it is).

Alan – I’m confident you are right about the $2,500 – 3,000 price category.

OK that's enough
Stop banging your head and start looking for a new Legend.
Old 05-22-2016, 10:12 AM   #34
Legend to Grave
Love that ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend to Grave View Post
Born under a bad sign....

..... Now, having that "new" third car gives me pause since we'll be asked for the keys to borrow the car....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
Stop banging your head and start looking for a new Legend.
I could add to the list of good-byes. I was mistaken about the rear driver's side mud guard on only one screw - there was a second screw firmly holding it onto the sheet metal at a 90 degree angle from the wheel (the rear driver's side has a different attachment than the passenger side). Did the spare tire swap and mud guard removal yesterday. Will be going back for more - have to remove the iPod hookup from behind the Bose 2200.

There's some good parts inside that engine compartment and elsewhere on the car that I'll never be able to remove (hint....)

Getting ready to mow the lawn instead of banging my head

"Me" and "Mini Me"
Old 12-31-2016, 01:53 PM   #35
Legend to Grave
Love that ride!

Default Coupe's turn?!

Serves me right for stopping in at the local mechanic to ask stupid questions.

A larger Volvo sedan driven by an older woman (I guess that the age can be relative...) was backing up and I hear some loud voices yelling to stop the car and I look up and realize she's heading back to my coupe! She barely touched it with damages that are hard to notice unless you're looking at it in the proper lighting (I guess that's most of us here even without the lighting).

I'm just not ready to do a second round of work on the coupe. The front bumper, hood (which has deteriorated rapidly over the last 2 years), along with the top of the back deck lid, and other misc spots or finer details would be involved.

Happy New Year to you all!!

"Me" and "Mini Me"
Old 12-31-2016, 03:03 PM   #36
rwheadon
S*L*O*W

rwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the rough

Ugh, that stinks.

The dent wizard could get that pretty close to fixed if you aren't going the insurance/self pay "real" fix route. Insurance would probably job it at 500.00 - 1000.00.

The one below on mine quoted out at 1000.00, but I just swapped in a used fender and called it a day until I can afford to get some paint work done.

rich

* Your smoking 3.2 engine is probably ok... replace your valve guide seals before condemning it!
rwheadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 03:55 AM   #37
Juicemon
Juicey

Juicemon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Juicemon

Man that is some awful luck. Atleast it isnt so bad though. That looks like u might be able to jus press that back out pretty easily. Hope your luck improves for 2017!
Juicemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 04:32 PM   #38
MarcD
Low mileage nutso

MarcD is on a distinguished road

Happy New Year Eric. Sorry on the dents. Tough location but I agree that paintless dent guy can get it close
MarcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 07:16 PM   #39
Legend to Grave
Love that ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheadon View Post
Ugh, that stinks. The dent wizard could get that pretty close to fixed .....

rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicemon View Post
Man that is some awful luck. Atleast it isnt so bad though. That looks like u might be able to jus press that back out pretty easily. Hope your luck improves for 2017!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcD View Post
Happy New Year Eric. Sorry on the dents. Tough location but I agree that paintless dent guy can get it close

Thanks

It's more a "Legend Life" humor going on, just it's me that's telling a familiar story.

When I got the coupe from Ken (Captain Slow) back on 2/25/2012 at 130,619 miles on the "clock" (that may or may not be missing about 100,000) my goal was to drive the car for 100,000 miles or ten years into the future.

Now it's almost 5 years later and another 57,000 on the odometer and a great daily driver since that spring of 2012 and I've stopped and fixed the worst of the rust leaving only minor fix ups (hood, front bumper, etc.) which I'm not ready for especially considering I plan on continuing the daily driving for quite a while longer.

My "Legend" gut also tells me my money may have to be paid "forward" on some mechanical maintenance issues before returning to the cosmetic side.

"Me" and "Mini Me"
Old 01-02-2017, 08:56 AM   #40
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Hate to see that Eric. hgeez: I got the paintless guy to take a Wal-Mart parking lot ding out of my TL's door. Literally 6 or so minutes top and $60. Now to see my paint guy next Tuesday to see if he can buff off the scratch mark they left. I hope you don't have any more of these types of issues especially on your daily driver.