AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Off-Topic > The Water Cooler

Old 04-25-2015, 10:36 PM   #11
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr5guy View Post
It will never happen.

-Matt
I would tend to agree given the laws on monopolies and such. But the fact that it has been proposed and given any kind of thought or backing just goes to show the length auto makers will go to push the agenda of corporate greed. Keep in mind I work for Honda so this law would benefit my dealership and the employees including myself, and even many of us are against this. And trust me when I say, we are not hurting for customers by any means mainly due to us being the highest volume dealer in the state and in the top tier regionally. Smaller markets and dealers may be seeing less traffic.

With many of the new advances in vehicles, service customers have more time between oil changes and recommended maintenance, this means less trips to the service drive to see people like me, which in the end means less money being spent yearly to maintain the vehicle. Right now with Honda specifically, we are seeing more major services in the way of warranty, extended warranty, and recalls vs customer pay jobs. The customer pay jobs we typically see are routine maintenance, almost 90% of our major repair customers once they reach a certain price point, typically roll over into a used, new, or leased vehicle. Honda care maintenance service contracts and other outside service contracts are starting to make up a vast majority of our maintenance repairs, and customers with extended warranties, either manufacturer extension or 3rd party extended warranty holders, make up a vast majority of our major repair work.

To me this proposed law seems to be a money grab to get people to spend more money on manufacturer supplied parts and a way for them to bring the performance market to them vs aftermarket companies. But I think we all already knew this.
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 12:29 AM   #12
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

Never underestimate what tons of money and lobbyists can accomplish for corporate interests in this country....
RIP fut
sam o nela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 08:12 AM   #13
TheFunk

TheFunk is on a distinguished road

I feel like this is a huge slap in the face to professional tuners.

I think safety is far from the actual issue...
Old 03-05-2018, 01:11 PM   #14
aaron8850

aaron8850 is on a distinguished road

do you still make these chips I love to buy one for my acura
aaron8850 is offline   Reply With Quote