AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Off-Topic > The Water Cooler

Old 09-11-2012, 08:57 AM   #31
91BlackSmoke

91BlackSmoke will become famous soon enough

I feel you bro, and co-sign. I still miss my first legend. She was part of me.

I hope you find a new friend on your journey we call life.

I dont think anyone could have put these emotions into words better than you. Props.

-james

91BlackSmoke
91BlackSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:08 AM   #32
Tyson
Road Trip King

Tyson will become famous soon enoughTyson will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91BlackSmoke View Post
I feel you bro, and co-sign.
Same here.

I'm a Legend lifer too. The car becomes a part of you.

Well said, Tom!

Thanks Alex for the sig!
http://drivetofive.wordpress.com
Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:47 AM   #33
Classico
6Speed GS

Classico is on a distinguished road

Great stuff there Tom.. yeah owning a legend is like a sickness. yes is true they all have something different i can tell you after having 5 legend. I now pray to god every night that please let me stay with my GS to death do us apart.. Legend=SOUL
Old 09-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #34
Daddykay24

Daddykay24 is on a distinguished road

Hay Tom, you could have warned me that I didn't need to read this since you and I just had this converstaion a couple of weeks ago. Any way, good heart felt stuff and I am sure your thumbs are most likely killing you for typing that on your phone.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:28 PM   #35
BayAreasFinest
Type 1 King

BayAreasFinest is on a distinguished road

Great post Tom!
Type 1 stock NA full interior = 14.8 @ 93 MPH
Type 1 CAI NA and DR's full interior = 14.5 @ 94 MPH
My Legend = http://youtu.be/XimYbO6fvRs
BayAreasFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:54 PM   #36
93type2

93type2 is on a distinguished road

I agree Tom! When I took my 6spd on a test drive everything about the feeling of the car made me smile and I knew I had to have it!
Even though my car is a b*tch now and doesn't run, I still have to dump money into it to fix it because I love that car and its like an extension of me
I know exactly what you mean
Old 09-11-2012, 04:08 PM   #37
Reboticon
Lord Of The Clunker

It's not really fair to compare a heavily modded 20 year old car with a stock 6 year old car tho
Reboticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:56 PM   #38
Nino418
3.5 Hybrid Powered

Nino418 has a spectacular aura aboutNino418 has a spectacular aura aboutNino418 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Nino418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reboticon View Post
It's not really fair to compare a heavily modded 20 year old car with a stock 6 year old car tho
It is when i went from a stock 6 year old car (at the time), bought a stock 16 year old car, modified it and kept it for 4 years, then had to let it go and get a 6 year old TL 6mt with nav. I got the same feeling from the legend on the day i bought it (beat up, burning oil like a sonofabitch, dirty from sitting for 5 months) that i did during my last drive i took with it. modifications are physical things that change, its the emotional response and change that is unique to each Legend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyumyum View Post
Still makes me laugh when I think about it. "I am ze nurse. Ve do vant zhe legends to do ze overheatinggss. "
R.I.P
Nino418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:06 PM   #39
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Props and I agree with every word!! I actually haven't driven anyone else's Legend although given plenty of opportunities. My friends and family call my Legend "my wife" well I've been faithful like it was my wife. I like my Infiniti and it has "character" but as mentioned the Legend has "SOUL". Every time I fidget with it and fix some glitch (it has a few now) I find satisfaction INSTANTLY after it cranks and we go for a drive. I used to trade in cars literally every three years (well one died in a crash prematurely) but the Legend never even gave me the desire. I'ts worth every penny of my Mad Scientist rebuild simply because of our connection. I'm just happy that the temporary insanity I had for selling it left before it sold and that the potential buyer was too cheap to give me the additional $300. He's asked to buy it from me again and I told him he'll have to dig us both up if he wants MY Legend! We are partners for life in sickness and health till death do us part and in that case I hope its me who goes first!
Old 09-11-2012, 05:09 PM   #40
Reboticon
Lord Of The Clunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino418 View Post
It is when i went from a stock 6 year old car (at the time), bought a stock 16 year old car, modified it and kept it for 4 years, then had to let it go and get a 6 year old TL 6mt with nav. I got the same feeling from the legend on the day i bought it (beat up, burning oil like a sonofabitch, dirty from sitting for 5 months) that i did during my last drive i took with it. modifications are physical things that change, its the emotional response and change that is unique to each Legend.
I was talking about this part.

" I now had more time on my hands due to not having to work on the TL because it doesn't have something breaking all the time like the legend..."
Reboticon is offline   Reply With Quote