AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Off-Topic > The Water Cooler

Old 07-11-2018, 07:12 AM   #5361
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekPower View Post
I guess i'll have to update my build threads and post some videos... its not what i did today... but a couple days ago... since those who live under a rock and arent on fb will miss all the fun stuff haha
OR we figure its just Lou and we don't really care!
Old 07-28-2018, 08:42 PM   #5362
radieon
What the Diff

Been driving the Rosewood car for the past four weeks. Watching the temperature level less and less as I DD the car in traffic. No real hiccups with anything, only the temp gauge rising after pushing it on the highway or revving up past 4k RPM (which I think is expected). I really wish I knew the mileage on the car but I think it makes it easier to treat the car in a less neglectful way since the value of the car is tied to an odometer that doesn't work.

I'm thinking of getting the body and paint in better shape, but I need to fix the exterior driver side door handle first. Also ran across another coupe in my color, minus a front bumper cover. Doesn't look like it has been driven in a long time, but I don't see a for sale sign on it. Looking at their property, I don't think their akin to any visitors inquiring about their car.
radieon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 06:01 AM   #5363
Branden

Branden is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by radieon View Post
Been driving the Rosewood car for the past four weeks. Watching the temperature level less and less as I DD the car in traffic. No real hiccups with anything, only the temp gauge rising after pushing it on the highway or revving up past 4k RPM (which I think is expected).

I know on my 95 Coupe the temp gauge doesn't move at all, even when revving high or pushing it on the highway. Don't think that's normal, maybe someone can chime in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2018, 09:01 AM   #5364
Captain Slow
Ken

Captain Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCaptain Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCaptain Slow has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branden View Post
I know on my 95 Coupe the temp gauge doesn't move at all, even when revving high or pushing it on the highway. Don't think that's normal, maybe someone can chime in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea. The temperature gauge shouldn't move at all once the car is warm. Years ago, my temp gauge would drop slightly while cruising on the highway. My thermostat was sticking open. Radieon, your thermostat may be sticking closed. Definitely look into that. Our temp gauges are linear so any movement away from the regular operating position is a significant change in temperature.
Old 09-26-2018, 07:27 PM   #5365
radieon
What the Diff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Yea. The temperature gauge shouldn't move at all once the car is warm. Years ago, my temp gauge would drop slightly while cruising on the highway. My thermostat was sticking open. Radieon, your thermostat may be sticking closed. Definitely look into that. Our temp gauges are linear so any movement away from the regular operating position is a significant change in temperature.
It doesn't move when the car is warm. What I meant to say is that only after gunning it down the highway for a few minutes, the car gets toasty, not immediately after I rev the engine.
Old 09-26-2018, 07:55 PM   #5366
radieon
What the Diff

Last weekend I attempted to take off Geneva's intake manifold since she may need to be dismantled to identify if a head gasket is necessary. Only got to remove the fuel rail, injectors, and engine harness. Will resume another weekend.

Yesterday, I replaced the blown 9006 bulb in Rosewood with a SilverStar Ultra bulb (orange package). I used to buy the regular SilverStar bulb (blue package), and after installation I realized that they were different colors, so I bought another bulb to match the new bulb I bought. The color change is slight to most people, but I notice it whenever I see the reflection behind a vehicle.
Old 10-09-2018, 02:24 PM   #5367
radieon
What the Diff

When hauling through an intersection today, something broke and the car won't move under power anymore. Got a crunchy noise when in gear and the clutch is about to engage. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say differential is toast now.
Old 10-09-2018, 11:14 PM   #5368
mulattomami

mulattomami is on a distinguished road

Nothing, but realized Ludacris has our car as his album cover for Ludaversal
mulattomami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 08:24 AM   #5369
rwheadon
S*L*O*W

rwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by radieon View Post
When hauling through an intersection today, something broke and the car won't move under power anymore. Got a crunchy noise when in gear and the clutch is about to engage. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say differential is toast now.
Could be a diff, could be an extension shaft, could be an axle backed out. those are good starters. You should be able to visually identify if it's an axle or extension shaft.

rich

* Your smoking 3.2 engine is probably ok... replace your valve guide seals before condemning it!
rwheadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 05:22 PM   #5370
radieon
What the Diff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheadon View Post
Could be a diff, could be an extension shaft, could be an axle backed out. those are good starters. You should be able to visually identify if it's an axle or extension shaft.

rich
I'm hearing grinding when the car is in gear, but not in neutral (5-speed). I'm under the car now, but so far, the diff is still in there. It's the only thing that I've given an enormous amount of attention to in the past couple of months since it leaks, so I believe I stripped a planetary gear or something inside of it. With one wheel off the ground and in first gear, I hear a klank, and I see that the sealing bolt is not revolving as it should.

With that being said, I think I am unable to loosen the sealing bolt if I can't get the differential to stop spinning internally... I might be at a loss right now.