AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Off-Topic > The Water Cooler

Old 03-01-2010, 07:32 AM   #1
Reboticon
Lord Of The Clunker

Default More Massac BS. IDK WTF to do at this point.

So I paid all my money ($2,000) to Massac for my post Nalm debacle. I called them today to make sure that all my money had gotten there ok (Since 1. they cant take a credit card over the phone or 2. a personal check only a cashier check) and they tell me "yes that is taken care of" but you have a warrant out for possession!! WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can they do this to me?! They want me to drive another 12 hours round trip to Massac and that is just not going to happen. Naturally, My Public Defender has not answered nor returned a single of the 20 or so phone calls I have made to him over the past 6 months.

I am at a complete loss as to what to do at this point. I was on the phone with them for a couple hours and finally some lady took my number said she would look into and give me a call back "in the next couple days."

Anyone got any words of advice or encouragement at this point? I want to burn that whole goddamn place to the ground.
Reboticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:06 AM   #2
(=^.^=)
Legend Hater

What the hell! I hope you get that taken care of! They should be less worried about putting Superman statues all over that place and start working on doing their job!
3.5 swap, so easy a girl can do it.
Talk is cheap, because the supply is much larger than the demand.
(=^.^=) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:26 AM   #3
94LSedan

94LSedan is on a distinguished road

Start to dig up all of your legal documentation to prove that you are right and they are wrong. Unfortunately, a personal appearance in court with this documentation may be the only way to clear this up
94LSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:10 AM   #4
whats77inaname
Not forgotten.

whats77inaname has a spectacular aura aboutwhats77inaname has a spectacular aura about

Advice: You could try and get to the clerk of the judge that handled your case and explain the situation.

Words of encouragement: Hang in there, mang. A year from now, this'll just be a bump in the road in the life of Nick
whats77inaname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:47 AM   #5
Reboticon
Lord Of The Clunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
Advice: You could try and get to the clerk of the judge that handled your case and explain the situation.

Words of encouragement: Hang in there, mang. A year from now, this'll just be a bump in the road in the life of Nick
Thanks. I just wish the bumps could be spaced out a little bit between my mother, my thing with the city, and this, im living in a dangerously built house of cards.

Ive been on the phone for a couple hours now (they have no phone numbers on ANY of their documents, and the address is a PO box, making it hard as hell to figure anything out. I FINALLY got a hold of a nice woman down there, whom i explained my situation to, and she is actually looking into it and trying to help me with it. I must have spent 15 minutes thanking her profusely, shes the first one (in that city) to offer even a modicum of help.

Even though I really like to deal with these things on my own, I finally swallowed my pride and asked my dad to help. He's got a lawyer friend whom im faxing everything to tonight, and he's gonna take a look at it for me.

Meanwhile, 2 days till city inspector comes back, so back to the yard i go..
Reboticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:50 PM   #6
whats77inaname
Not forgotten.

whats77inaname has a spectacular aura aboutwhats77inaname has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reboticon View Post
Thanks. I just wish the bumps could be spaced out a little bit between my mother, my thing with the city, and this, im living in a dangerously built house of cards.
God's testing your mettle, my friend. Stay calm, stay collected, and persevere.
whats77inaname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:30 PM   #7
JayP

JayP is on a distinguished road

You can always plead personal hardships. I am sure the judge in the case will understand if you plead your case properly. They are just out to get your money at this point. Don't worry have faith, patience and you will see how things turn out

Quote:
Originally Posted by l4zy415 View Post
No Legends were harmed after making this thread, except for the CL .
JayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:59 PM   #8
OLDSKOOLACURA
legend love

OLDSKOOLACURA will become famous soon enoughOLDSKOOLACURA will become famous soon enough

that is BS. good luck and i hope you get all this shit taking care of with out too much of a problem
I'd just be sooo tempted to shoot just random stuff. Street lights, assholes, things like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDSKOOLACURA View Post
most people take pride in having a new car, I take pride in having a old car that looks new
OLDSKOOLACURA is offline   Reply With Quote