AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Off-Topic > The Water Cooler

Old 02-28-2011, 12:20 AM   #1
Tippey
Pony

Tippey will become famous soon enough
Default Ever get to a point where...

You just don't give a fuck anymore

I have so many tickets / been pulled over that im not even nervous or concerned of the outcome anymore

I've been driving a year and have more tickets then most of you guys have gotten in your life time

I think i have hmmm... lets see

I got my first ticket, 46 in a 25 on a big down hill. I was in the car with freinds and just wasen't paying attention. Alright no big deal my mistake

Next ticket, cruise control set at 50. See rail road tracks and speed limit drops to 35 and i enter a small town. Slow down. Town ends and turns to farmland like before. Resume cruise control and get pulled over within visual distance of the 50mph sign + i get a ticket for expiered tags. Ugh fucking asshole cop to give me a ticket within visual distance of the sign.

Then i get one for failure to yield, alright my mistake again

Then another in a area i had never driven in before because i missed the stop sign, i gusse it was blocked by a tree or a van or somthing and the cop knew it and was waiting for someone like me. Whatever my mistake again

Then another on the fucking way home from that ticket for 65 in a 45 WTF theres no way that car was going that fast, then one for driving without a lisence because i had just gotten my car back and this was before i had a wallet so it was still in my house. GRRRR not to mention this cop cursed me out

I think theres another after that

THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPEND TO ME, i got out of that fucking acura integra. Im so glad i got out of that car

I drive my accord like a granny, full stops and obey all laws. Drove 3 months and got stopped 3 times for expiered tags but never once got a ticket. woohoo must be because i was going the speed limit but stopped for other nonsenical reasons...

yesterday i get pulled over AGAIN... this time i KNOW im fucked because my licence is suspsned for not paying the other tickets. lalalala cop rolls up and i pull the biggest bullshit excuss ever? " Officer i have a paper here saying its not suspended yet ( letter for another ticket )

Goes back to his car and gives me a warning for suspended licence but a ticket for the expireded tags ( they expiered in december and its february almost march LOL )

I just really don't give a fuck anymore lol. I know my driving is pretty much history. My insurance hasen't went up a bit though i just owe the goverment $390. I was JUST ready to pay it with my next paycheck. Then i lost my job

After yesterday i just decided to park the car and not drive it again. I can't afford to put gas in it anyways without a job

So anyways thats my story of my driving lol.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:02 AM   #2
Wes
Member that 1 time?

Wes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah I've gotten to that point. It's a very frustrating feeling but at the same time not giving a fuck anymore can be calming.

I'll be the first to tell you, not giving a fuck is the easy way out. Life doesn't work like that. This shit is going to be in your way until you fully take care of it. And you will want to drive again at some point.

You've made a first good step. You've acknowledged that it was your fault most of the time. After you let the situation marinate, and you're not so pissed about it, it's time to figure out how you can fix this situation, little by little. With things that can take years to fix it can be hard to be persistent. Try to come up with an outlined plan of how you can start paying off tickets little by little. Then figure out how you can get your license back. Come up with a plan and execute it. Remind yourself every day that you are moving closer to your goal. Every month that passes, remind yourself what you did and how you are one month closer to getting there. It's tough but that's what I do and it helps.

You'll get there man. But I have to say with the amount of cops you encounter (do you live in a small town?), stop driving until you get tags and a license. Don't give anybody a chance to screw up your situation further.

Sorry to hear about the job situation, that's the ultimate blow right there on top of all that happened. Hopefully you will find another job soon. It's gonna take some hard work, but you can do it as long as you tell yourself you can. Wake up everyday and tell yourself you can do it. One day at a time.
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:28 AM   #3
4HondaOwner
Premium Gas Only

4HondaOwner is a jewel in the rough4HondaOwner is a jewel in the rough4HondaOwner is a jewel in the rough
Default Haven't we been down this road before with other members of this site?

Seriously, how old are you?

Let me quickly itemize some points made of your original post:

my mistake
expired tags
my mistake again
my mistake again
driving without a license
license suspended

I agree, park the car, grow up and find a way to learn what some responsibility so you are not driving around with a target on your forehead.

hgeez:
Old 02-28-2011, 07:52 AM   #4
whats77inaname
Not forgotten.

whats77inaname has a spectacular aura aboutwhats77inaname has a spectacular aura about

Dude, you have nothing, I repeat NOTHING on me. In my 20s, in a span of about 3 years, I got over 60 (SIXTY) moving violations. Yes, I have all the tickets to prove it. I had my license revoked, I was driving w/out a license/insurance for the better part of 10 years. Funny thing is, I got pulled over ONCE during that time period, and was let go, but that's another story. Tickets from all over the US: Kansas, Oklahoma, various cities in TX.

I had to take out a $5000 loan to pay for all my tickets. A LOAN. I went to the judge in SA to pay of the majority of them (26, not including the accompanying warrant for each for failure to appear) and they called out my name after printing out a STACK of paper. The judge asks me what I intended to do, and I asked him if I could pay $100/ticket b/c I was older and a wiser and would like to get straight again, and he agreed. Totally awesome.

Point it, there are some of us who have been there, struggled, and made it through. So you can, too. Just takes a little growing up and acceptance of responsibility. All those tickets are your fault, not just some of them. Cops are just doing their job, enforcing the law. Yeah, it sucks sometimes, and it always seem like they come at the most inconvenient times, but that's life. You can let it drag you down or you can figure it out. If I were you, since you're not working, I'd turn myself in and get time served on those. They can't hold you that long. I did it once, stayed in 18 hours and the judge dismissed 10 tickets.
whats77inaname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:07 AM   #5
bboarder711
Official Photog

bboarder711 will become famous soon enoughbboarder711 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to bboarder711

i take it your temp tags expired ...
bboarder711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:31 AM   #6
l4zy415
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!

l4zy415 has a spectacular aura aboutl4zy415 has a spectacular aura aboutl4zy415 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to l4zy415 Send a message via MSN to l4zy415

Never been in any situations like that. Only time I got a ticket was from speeding on a 65 mph zone (I was going 90), and a ticket for playing loud music. But hopefully you find a job and pay the tickets little by little.

My Build Thread
Oh my gawd
That jar better blow me twice and cook breakfast for $1000.
l4zy415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:48 AM   #7
T-Clyde
Canter-Buried Alive

T-Clyde is a jewel in the roughT-Clyde is a jewel in the roughT-Clyde is a jewel in the roughT-Clyde is a jewel in the rough

I'll buy that oem roof rack off you if that helps? Maybe an oem keyless if you have it. Lol. Tickets suck. I got 3 in my first three months, all speeding, and have only gotten two tickets in the 10 years since. You will be fine, take the time off to learn to appreciate driving again.
OEM Parts for Sale
RIP
Maintenance > Modification
T-Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 12:52 PM   #8
Tippey
Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
Dude, you have nothing, I repeat NOTHING on me. In my 20s, in a span of about 3 years, I got over 60 (SIXTY) moving violations. Yes, I have all the tickets to prove it. I had my license revoked, I was driving w/out a license/insurance for the better part of 10 years. Funny thing is, I got pulled over ONCE during that time period, and was let go, but that's another story. Tickets from all over the US: Kansas, Oklahoma, various cities in TX.

I had to take out a $5000 loan to pay for all my tickets. A LOAN. I went to the judge in SA to pay of the majority of them (26, not including the accompanying warrant for each for failure to appear) and they called out my name after printing out a STACK of paper. The judge asks me what I intended to do, and I asked him if I could pay $100/ticket b/c I was older and a wiser and would like to get straight again, and he agreed. Totally awesome.

Point it, there are some of us who have been there, struggled, and made it through. So you can, too. Just takes a little growing up and acceptance of responsibility. All those tickets are your fault, not just some of them. Cops are just doing their job, enforcing the law. Yeah, it sucks sometimes, and it always seem like they come at the most inconvenient times, but that's life. You can let it drag you down or you can figure it out. If I were you, since you're not working, I'd turn myself in and get time served on those. They can't hold you that long. I did it once, stayed in 18 hours and the judge dismissed 10 tickets.
Holy fucking shit LOL, thats alot of tickets.

I have 2 letters that pretty much say " Pay us X ammount of dollars or we will suspend your licence. So pretty much i owe them $390

I was going to pay it right up untill the point where i lost my job. Then it became impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboarder711 View Post
i take it your temp tags expired ...
Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Clyde View Post
I'll buy that oem roof rack off you if that helps? Maybe an oem keyless if you have it. Lol. Tickets suck. I got 3 in my first three months, all speeding, and have only gotten two tickets in the 10 years since. You will be fine, take the time off to learn to appreciate driving again.
Ironically enough i posted it for sale yesterday

To be honest i don't really even like the way it looks, i'd rather have a different roof rack. Shoot me an offer and we can work from there.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:37 PM   #9
Tippey
Pony

The VEIP ( vehicle emissions somthing somthing ) people sent me a letter apperently

My mom just told me today " oh you need to get you're emissions done before march 2nd or else you will get a fine "

really?

So now i have to drive my car an hour away or else paying triple the current $15 ammount

Grrrrr
Old 02-28-2011, 02:52 PM   #10
Wayne-A-Ferd
The Slow Cruiser

Wayne-A-Ferd is on a distinguished road

Fuck that dude don't drive it. Call them up and let them know u have no lisence so its not going to be down there for them to check.. that's stupid IMO... but I never had to deal with emissions lol