AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend General Discussion

Old 04-04-2011, 11:23 PM   #1
93type2

93type2 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Help please! My car died :(

Hey guys, I'm new on here but love the feedback and help I get from you guys Anyways, I just bought my 1993 type 2 coupe about two months ago and I love it! It's my dream car and it drove great until it stopped running.

Last weekend I was pulling away from a stoplight and my clutch made a bad chattering/clunking sound (has been doing that for a while) and my clutch fell to the floor and my car shut off IN the intersection! I had to get it towed because of course it won't drive so it's just sitting at home now and I don't know what the exact problem is...
I have the 6 speed, and was told by the PO when I bought it the clutch spring needed to be replaced? I'll try explain what happened the best I can:

When I first bought it in February and from what the PO told me as well when I start the car the clutch would make a squeal for a second (louder when it's cold) and the sound would go away when I let off the clutch. A month goes by and my clutch would start to chatter loud every time I depressed the it, although it didn't affect the shifting (besides not being able to downshift to 3rd, bad synchro?).
The chatter sound would come from the transmission. It sounded like loose metal flying around and it only does that when the clutch is depressed...

Fast forward to now and my clutch pedal will NOT go down to the floor, it becomes too stiff to travel to the floor about 1/2 way down, and therefore won't start
Please if anyone knows how to fix this problem, if I need a new clutch kit/flywheel/bearing or what please let me know, I just want my car running again! Thanks guys and sorry for all this writing lol
93type2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:16 AM   #2
414toyz

414toyz is on a distinguished road

Sounds like you need take the tranny out and you prolly see your problem then. I know kinda obvious answer but thats what I think. Since the pedal wont go to the floor I would think the pedal-clutch system would be a good target.
414toyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:08 PM   #3
93type2

93type2 is on a distinguished road

thanks, I'm thinking its the throwout or release bearing? I'd have to take it to a shop, I know nothing about transmissions lol
93type2 is offline   Reply With Quote