AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend General Discussion

Old 12-15-2009, 10:28 PM   #31
canucks

canucks is on a distinguished road

so when it decided to randomly lock does the driver side door only lock or do all the doors lock. Also, I think you should wait and see if it starts doing the cycling because once the rubber cracks enough it will do it all the time and you will know exactly whats wrong
canucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:30 PM   #32
Wes
Member that 1 time?

Wes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of light

^ when it decided to randomly lock all of the doors locked, like it should. yet, this event would happen out of nowhere and still using the drivers sick door lock would not make them all lock. so i know the capability of all them them locking is still there, just something is failing to do so.

it's actually kinda cool because when it has decided to lock on its own it usually does it a minute or 2 after i start driving... you know how alot of newer cars lock automatically when you start driving yes this problem just started yesterday so i will observe what happens from now on
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:35 PM   #33
Quaraxkad
Moderator?

Quaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Quaraxkad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
mine doesnt do the crazy cycling yet, it's just locking the door on the drivers side door that gives me a problem. the actual lock on the drivers side will lock, but it doesnt trigger the other 3 doors to lock. also forgot to mention that pushing down the drivers side lock tab doesnt trigger the other 3 doors to lock either, so it shouldnt be the lock cylinder, but rather the actuator.

but as of 1 hour ago it worked like normal again, so i think it's intermittent right now.
Sounds like it could just be the electrical contacts inside the actuator (not making a connection and sending the signal to lock to the other doors), instead of the rubber stopper that the DIY was primarily written for. I recently had both of my actuators out and found all the stoppers were intact, so in the end all I ended up doing was cleaning the slides and contacts, putting some dielectric grease on them to hopefully prevent further damage or buildup, and applying fresh grease to all the moving parts. My locks used to re-lock themselves over and over, and then just randomly re-lock every once in a while, but only if I had locked them myself in the first place. That hasn't happen since then, but occasionally unlocking from the passenger side still sets off the alarm.
Quaraxkad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:48 PM   #34
canucks

yea thats true i think if it doesn't start doing the cycling it would be an electric contact. and I remember there was a member that said the same thing and the rubber was fine. Just thinking did the factory alarm come with keyless entry? If so could it be the alarm system thats causing the problem in your case?

Edit:

Do the rear doors have actuators as well?
Old 12-16-2009, 12:11 AM   #35
Wes
Member that 1 time?

Wes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of light

well now it's acting even more erratic. more times than not the doors lock normally, but occasionally it doesnt. HOWEVER now the doors are locking randomly with the car off (it was doing this only while i was driving before). so my car had all the doors unlocked while i was waxing it and then i hear it lock and now all of a sudden all the doors are locked. then like 10 min later while everything is still locked, i hear it cycle again and all the doors try to lock. so it's not cycling repeatedly, just doing it once, but it's becoming more frequent and happening for no apparent reason. and the key may or may not work correctly depending on how it feels.

i dont have keyless entry. the alarm doesnt arm when the doors lock by themselves, but will arm when the locks work how they are supposed to. the alarm has never been modified nor has an aftermarket alarm been installed
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:08 AM   #36
canucks

Your lucky its locking and not unlocking because that could be a problem when your away from the car. If I were you I would check the actuator in the driver door first since its a fairly easy fix. I wonder if its only the two front doors that could cause it to go off because the rear ones should have a similar system for the locking mechanism although they don't have a locking switch.

My car's cycled a few times in the past and hasn't done it since but when it warms up a bit outside I will be doing some preventative repairs.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:13 AM   #37
Wayne-A-Ferd
The Slow Cruiser

Wayne-A-Ferd is on a distinguished road

hey this thread is a great idea and sadly i cant think of anything to ask.. Lol

edit haha:
is there away i can take apart my ignition and maybe brake out the tumblers just so my key will remove?? make since lol

Last edited by Wayne-A-Ferd; 12-16-2009 at 04:16 AM.
Wayne-A-Ferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:41 AM   #38
Legend-Coupe
Let that V6 breathe!

Legend-Coupe will become famous soon enough

Is your key stuck in?
Legend-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:55 PM   #39
canucks

^ I can see his situation as being a problem in public areas lol
Old 12-23-2009, 07:36 AM   #40
Wayne-A-Ferd
The Slow Cruiser

Wayne-A-Ferd is on a distinguished road

lol yes it's stuck

and is it any year 3.5l everone dose with there swaps or a specific year?
i wanna do a swap (running scared of the BHG) but i didn't find a thread on it and not sure what to get.. ima call the junk yards today and see what they have.. to get an idea of prices... lol and dose my current tranny bolt right up to the 3.5? im all stock 3.2l lol