AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend General Discussion

Old 01-18-2013, 04:30 PM   #41
Alperovich
The Stig

Alperovich is a jewel in the roughAlperovich is a jewel in the roughAlperovich is a jewel in the roughAlperovich is a jewel in the rough

yea guys, this is a big one here. i've actually had this happen to me, it was scary when you turn the wheel and nothing happens, lucky for me, it was nothing, then it would grab then again nothing. didn't even know what was going on, until later when it let go completely, luckily i was backing out of a parking spot when it happened. could have been on the highway trying to change lanes, which is where i would have been if i made it out of the parking spot

94 KA8 DMM LS 6spd "MISTY" 2017-present
94 KA8 Milano LS 6spd "Milano" 2012-2017 RIP stupid camry
94 KA8 SGM LS 6spd "Annie" 2008-???*top secret*
94 KA7 DMM GS auto "Misty" 2008 RIP
93 KA8 GBP LS 6spd 2005-2008 RIP

FOR SALE:dotORG + I<3myLegend(KA/KB) stickers! +more
Alperovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:33 AM   #42
MXHalofan
Type O Master

MXHalofan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr5guy View Post
Please explain how running a smaller, less stronger bolt that you found in your toolbox through a safety related part is good advice.

-Matt
Not a smaller bolt. That would be suspect IMO, also. Same size bolt (10MM) only an inch longer. It threads into the collar like stock but sticks out the open end and you just twist on a nut. Collars threaded all the way through. This is stupid easy once you have one in your hand. Plenty of clearance for the extra length. And it's not got any extra force on it to worry about. There's so little lateral force on these u joints that Honda and other large makers use piddly hardware here.

91 Coupe LS black on black
94/95 front bumper and rear deck lid
GS wheels
MXHalofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:47 PM   #43
bluesongz
Doesn't Post Much

bluesongz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
Glad you live on the other side of the country.
Haha... in my defense the bolt I installed is a far higher grade than Acura provided. Hard to imagine anyone could improve on such an AWESOME design. I mean really... this thread started on that fact.
bluesongz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:49 PM   #44
bluesongz
Doesn't Post Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXHalofan View Post
Not a smaller bolt. That would be suspect IMO, also. Same size bolt (10MM) only an inch longer. It threads into the collar like stock but sticks out the open end and you just twist on a nut. Collars threaded all the way through. This is stupid easy once you have one in your hand. Plenty of clearance for the extra length. And it's not got any extra force on it to worry about. There's so little lateral force on these u joints that Honda and other large makers use piddly hardware here.
Makes sense to me from pure engineering sense... just because it`s not YOUR way doesn`t mean it`s not a better solution.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:51 PM   #45
bluesongz
Doesn't Post Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr5guy View Post
Absolutely terrible, bad advice. If it strips, replace the joint! Can you please delete so no one reads it.

Thanks

Matt
I would like to reserve the right to censor terrible advice on my own thx... based on my own opinion.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:19 AM   #46
FromaQ

FromaQ is on a distinguished road
Default how do the pipes lay?

Ok, i need a pic showing the order of the pipes, how they lay in the two rubber clamps. i don't remember the order to get all the bends to lay right. and today is a warm day but tomorrow back down in the 20's.
FromaQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #47
sr5guy
Troll Hunter

sr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromaQ View Post
Ok, i need a pic showing the order of the pipes, how they lay in the two rubber clamps. i don't remember the order to get all the bends to lay right. and today is a warm day but tomorrow back down in the 20's.
Sorry bro, wrong thread (forum?) to ask questions about laying pipe.

http://tonguetiedtim.com/how-to-lay-pipe

Try that.

-Matt
Old 02-17-2013, 12:41 PM   #48
FromaQ

FromaQ is on a distinguished road
Default not that pipe

these are the pipes i'm speaking of:

like from the passenger side where they drop down and go into thefirst rubber (and no not that kind of rubber ) which pipe is at the top then down, the four pipes.

as soon as i get this done its on to change out one side of the axle and then off to do the brakes. long day ahead of me and i'm being held up by the order of these stupid pipes.

oh and P.S. Sr5guy looking forward to you getting the injector package together

found the pic I needed on hondapartsunlimited.com.

Last edited by FromaQ; 02-17-2013 at 05:28 PM. Reason: figured it out
FromaQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:07 PM   #49
LegendScooper
Ferns Owner

LegendScooper is on a distinguished road

Ive heard that this happens with these cars but finally the answer why. Thanks for sharing.
LegendScooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:05 PM   #50
94G2Coupe

94G2Coupe is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to 94G2Coupe

I recently replaced yet another rack on my 95. 1st was from Garo Steering here in FLL. POS! I let them do the install.. BIG mistake. They are horrible. It hasn't been right for 2 years. Last month I ordered another from Rack Doctor in SC.. AWESOME! I did the install myself and found this mentioned knuckle bolt stripped, a broken rack tie-down bolt and pinched lines.
It was a major pia getting that broken bolt out of the aluminum frame. ended up going all the way through, re-tapping the threads and using a longer #10 bolt!
I have always been a hand tools guy so there is no chance of stripping this bolt if you put it in with the fingers and tighten only once it threads in smoothly!
94G2Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote