AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend General Discussion

Old 04-04-2019, 09:52 AM   #21
stephen

stephen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamPlan_B View Post
I forgot to mention that during one the times I was bleeding using the mityvac, that some black rubber pieces came out the bleeder valve.
That would seem to suggest that the rubber brake hoses are coming apart inside. If it were me I'd replace them before doing anything else.
stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 05:12 AM   #22
IamPlan_B

IamPlan_B is on a distinguished road

I'm gonna order a set of ss brake lines for the front and flush the brake fluid out and go with dot4 and see what happens. I got the socket that goes for the bleeder valve on abs unit to bleed the air out, hopefully I won't make a mess since its only socket not the complete tool.

P/S rack leaking on both tie rod ends ,
She's trying my patience
IamPlan_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 06:07 PM   #23
LowPSI

LowPSI will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I'm gonna order a set of ss brake lines for the front and flush the brake fluid out and go with dot4 and see what happens. I got the socket that goes for the bleeder valve on abs unit to bleed the air out, hopefully I won't make a mess since its only socket not the complete tool.

P/S rack leaking on both tie rod ends ,
She's trying my patience
Paragon Performance will be offering stainless brake lines (probably with a choice of color) in the next few days. They estimate the price at $105-110 for,a,full set. I spoke with them the other day and they asked me to send pics and measurements and they'll make me a custom set - and then add them to their online catalog.
Old 04-12-2019, 01:32 AM   #24
IamPlan_B

I replaced two front brake rubber lines with new ones, exchanged master cylinder with a new one, bled it on vise, bled the air from both front, and STILL no changes, actually its getting worse as before I had very little brake pedal , now I don't. Goes all the way down , so it has to be (better be) brake booster. Was also thinking of doing abs delete, that way it has to work dammit
Old 04-12-2019, 07:27 AM   #25
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I replaced two front brake rubber lines with new ones, exchanged master cylinder with a new one, bled it on vise, bled the air from both front, and STILL no changes, actually its getting worse as before I had very little brake pedal , now I don't. Goes all the way down , so it has to be (better be) brake booster. Was also thinking of doing abs delete, that way it has to work dammit
If the brake booster is bad it would be the opposite and the pedal would be very firm.

I would start looking for fluid leaks along the hard lines that run under the car, along the firewall, and along the front frame rails, also look for a leaking caliper, and for any fluid leaks under or around the abs modulator on the passenger side near the strut tower and firewall.
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 01:09 PM   #26
IamPlan_B

The pedal is hard and firm when engine is on, but once started its the opposite, no pedal . I've checked for leaks and there is none
Old 04-13-2019, 09:49 AM   #27
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
The pedal is hard and firm when engine is on, but once started its the opposite, no pedal . I've checked for leaks and there is none
Okay, yeah that does sound more like a booster issue.

I apologize I didn't read through the entire thread.
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 10:27 AM   #28
IamPlan_B

Actually I wrote that wrong , just caught it. When engine is OFF, pedal is hard and firm, and when ON it goes straight down with no pressure
Old 04-13-2019, 10:31 AM   #29
IamPlan_B

Since I have a used booster with a new master cylinder, would the rod that goes into master cylinder from booster need to be readjust?
I'm just going thru scenarios, but if that was to be set in correctly, could that give me the problems I'm having or contribute to it
Old 04-14-2019, 05:03 AM   #30
stephen

stephen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Since I have a used booster with a new master cylinder, would the rod that goes into master cylinder from booster need to be readjust?
I'm just going thru scenarios, but if that was to be set in correctly, could that give me the problems I'm having or contribute to it
If the pedal is good with the engine off I don't think the pushrod needs to be adjusted. I would replace the brake booster with a rebuilt one.

I replaced the brake booster on a first generation Legend. In that case there is a spacer that needs to be transferred to the new one. Be sure you check for that.
stephen is offline   Reply With Quote