AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend General Discussion

Old 01-12-2018, 10:23 AM   #1
vayankee

vayankee is on a distinguished road
Default Parts needed for timing belt and water pump replacement

Has anyone posted a list of parts needed for these jobs? I tried a search but did not see such a list.

Thanks.
vayankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:36 PM   #2
lanzarlaluna
Legend Grasshopper

lanzarlaluna is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vayankee View Post
Has anyone posted a list of parts needed for these jobs? I tried a search but did not see such a list.

Thanks.
Obviously the timing belt, water pump, and water pump gasket. There is also the gasket on top of the water pump. Other optional parts while you're in there would be the valve cover gaskets, spark plug tube seals, lower tube seals, rear cam plugs, front cam seals, and all the little water lines in front of the engine. I would consider replacing all the accessory belts at the same time too.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
lanzarlaluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:18 PM   #3
vayankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanzarlaluna View Post
Obviously the timing belt, water pump, and water pump gasket. There is also the gasket on top of the water pump. Other optional parts while you're in there would be the valve cover gaskets, spark plug tube seals, lower tube seals, rear cam plugs, front cam seals, and all the little water lines in front of the engine. I would consider replacing all the accessory belts at the same time too.

Thanks for your post! I had not thought of those rubber hoses for replacement.

I have to apologize also. I forgot to mention that there's an oil leak coming from the lower timing belt cover. Would that be either the cam shaft seals or crankshaft seal, or something else?

Thanks.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:19 PM   #4
lanzarlaluna
Legend Grasshopper

lanzarlaluna is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vayankee View Post
Thanks for your post! I had not thought of those rubber hoses for replacement.

I have to apologize also. I forgot to mention that there's an oil leak coming from the lower timing belt cover. Would that be either the cam shaft seals or crankshaft seal, or something else?

Thanks.
Could be the crank seal or even the oil cooler.

lanzarlaluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 01:00 PM   #5
vayankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanzarlaluna View Post
Could be the crank seal or even the oil cooler.

Great-thanks!
Old 11-01-2018, 01:42 AM   #6
BluePhoeniX

BluePhoeniX is on a distinguished road

So it doesn't appear that we can get dealer or AISIN water pumps anymore. What brand of water pump does everyone use now?? Are those Contitech Pro Plus kits a solid choice for belts and pumps?? They even come with cam seals and a lifetime guarantee (based on manufacturers suggested maintenance interval -- 90,000 miles). Thanks!!
BluePhoeniX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 05:00 PM   #7
Dreams94coupe

Dreams94coupe has a spectacular aura aboutDreams94coupe has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Dreams94coupe

You Should also change the timing belt tensioner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreams94coupe View Post
I've invested way too much time, money, blood sweat and tears for me to see someone else enjoy it. Only way I'm giving up my Vanessa is till death do us apart.
Dreams94coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 11:32 PM   #8
srqlegend

srqlegend is on a distinguished road
Default wholesaler closeout timing belt!

I couldn't resist the RockAuto closeout BECK/ARNLEY 0260302 timing belt for under $10.00; the box said Made in USA.

I would have ordered the CONTINENTAL 40193 but I got one of those Prop. 65 warnings about vendor did not supply information. Stupid vendors and California for not figuring this out; they had many years to do so.

PS: I know this is an old thread but its timing belt related.