AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend General Discussion

Old 07-05-2011, 04:44 PM   #1
Quaraxkad
Moderator?

Quaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Quaraxkad
Default All Helm Service Manuals are now available for download!

We now have a complete* set of G2 Legend USDM Helm manuals available for download on the wiki. This includes repair manuals, body repair manuals, electrical troubleshooting manuals, and even owners manuals for every year G2 (1991-1995), for both coupe and sedan! Each manual is made up of multiple PDFs containing a few pages each. They are zipped for convenient downloads, and inside each zip you will find a shortcut link to the main Table of Contents (ToC) page. From the ToC page, you can use the blue links and buttons at the top of each page to browse through the pages and jump to the sections you are looking for.

LegendWiki - G2: Service Manuals And TSBs

Be sure to extract the whole zip file rather than attempting to launch the ToC shortcut from within the zip, as not every archive utility will allow this. To ensure that the links between pages work correctly, Adobe Reader is preferred, version 8.0 or higher. There are many other (better) PDF readers, such as Sumatra, FoxIt, PDF-XChange, but they do not all support the bookmarks and links that are used in these files. If you have a problems with any of these manuals, please post here or PM me.

For the moment, this multi-PDF format is the only one available. Eventually I would like to make a searchable online version of each manual so that individual pages could be embedded in forum posts. That will be a lot of work and will take quite some time, so until then I have made them available as downloadable PDFs.

Also available is a complete set for the G1 RL (AKA G3 Legend), and a partial set for G1 Legends.

* The use of the term "complete", in this case, excludes the 1991 coupe owners manual, which is missing. But aside from that, it's a complete set!

Last edited by Quaraxkad; 07-06-2011 at 07:01 AM.
Quaraxkad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:25 PM   #2
holyabish1

holyabish1 will become famous soon enoughholyabish1 will become famous soon enough

Yippeeeeeeee

Thanks so much!!
Old 07-05-2011, 09:06 PM   #3
94legend

94legend is on a distinguished road

Excellent work, been looking for the owner's manual for ages!
94legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:16 PM   #4
Vic Cardenas

Vic Cardenas is a jewel in the roughVic Cardenas is a jewel in the roughVic Cardenas is a jewel in the rough

Friggin sweet! Excellent work! I'd rep you if I could.
One question: How would I go about modifying all the small PDF's to become one large PDF for each manual? For example: I have saved on my hard drive already the 91 sedan Helm, which is 53,989 KB and 1371 pages. And, I have the 91 coupe supplemental Helm manual, which is 9,189 KB and 261 pages. I want to take the 91 coupe body and electrical files and turn them into 2 supplemental manuals. Is there a way to combine them?
Old 07-05-2011, 10:43 PM   #5
Quaraxkad
Moderator?

Quaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Cardenas View Post
One question: How would I go about modifying all the small PDF's to become one large PDF for each manual? For example: I have saved on my hard drive already the 91 sedan Helm, which is 53,989 KB and 1371 pages. And, I have the 91 coupe supplemental Helm manual, which is 9,189 KB and 261 pages. I want to take the 91 coupe body and electrical files and turn them into 2 supplemental manuals. Is there a way to combine them?
I think you are talking about the old EDM manuals. With the old EDM Helm sets, you needed the 1991 sedan manual, plus every supplemental manual between 1991 and the year of your car.

All of these new manuals are self-contained, and require no other full or supplemental manuals to go with them. The new USDM G2 service/repair manual for example covers all years, 1991-1995, in a single manual. Wherever it is necessary, the Table of Contents and Index pages will link to separate pages for details on specific years or ranges of years. The Body Repair and Electrical Troubleshooting manuals are also stand-alone manuals, they are not updates/additions/supplements to the Service/Repair manuals.

If you wanted to combine these manuals in any way, they will have to be individually split into single pages (since each pdf already contains anywhere from 1 to 35ish pages), re-organized in the order they would be in the physical book, and then re-combined into a single PDF. This would give you a file more similar to the format of the old 1991 EDM PDF, but would lose all of the links between pages and chapters. This is the next step that I am working on, but I'm trying to find a way to combine them and preserve the links. After that will (hopefully) be the online browsable format. An online format being my ultimate goal, I made these available the way they are now for a couple reasons: 1, It will take a long time to get them converted to something web-friendly; and 2, they have never been available before so I wanted to get them out there ASAP, while I work on improving them. Some of the files coming directly from Helm had incorrect links and corrupt pages from the start, it took me about a week to find a fix all of those existing problems.

Last edited by Quaraxkad; 07-05-2011 at 10:51 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:43 PM   #6
Vic Cardenas

Vic Cardenas is a jewel in the roughVic Cardenas is a jewel in the roughVic Cardenas is a jewel in the rough

Oh, never mind. I see how these are linking to the other PDF files, it's just different from the files I have so I was confused. No need for what I was just talking about. This actually navigates better than EDM manuals (I think that's what I have), and a lot better than arnachs hosted files. I owe you 2 reps!
Old 07-06-2011, 01:04 AM   #7
hustlav6
Banned

hustlav6 is on a distinguished road

you are the man
hustlav6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:11 AM   #8
STREETSWEEPER559
Legend Loyalty

STREETSWEEPER559 is on a distinguished road

O shitters....this has to be part of .org history. Great job.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:30 PM   #9
hustlav6
Banned

hustlav6 is on a distinguished road

is there some problem with factory service manual for 1991 acura ? every time i download that and try to extract rar says the file is broken
hustlav6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:27 PM   #10
Quaraxkad
Moderator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustlav6 View Post
is there some problem with factory service manual for 1991 acura ? every time i download that and try to extract rar says the file is broken
Coupe or sedan? I will check them and make sure there wasn't a corruption during the initial upload or something like that.

EDIT: Looks like the files on the server are fine, but we are having some server issues and users are not always able to download the entire file. If you're not using a download manager program, your browser may still think the download was complete and not notify you of the problem. Try downloading again, the resulting file size should be 59,435,426 bytes for coupe and 60,705,557 bytes for sedan.

Last edited by Quaraxkad; 07-06-2011 at 03:55 PM.