AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend General Discussion

Old 04-03-2011, 08:19 PM   #21
Nino418
3.5 Hybrid Powered

Nino418 has a spectacular aura aboutNino418 has a spectacular aura aboutNino418 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Nino418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippey764 View Post
Are there legends in other markets without the EGR system like the g1's?
Yes there are... i just forget which market it is. I think its the Australian market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyumyum View Post
Still makes me laugh when I think about it. "I am ze nurse. Ve do vant zhe legends to do ze overheatinggss. "
R.I.P
Nino418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:26 PM   #22
Tippey
Pony

Tippey will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino418 View Post
Yes there are... i just forget which market it is. I think its the Australian market.
so then if this theory was true then that market of cars would not have BHG

also you could take the ECU from one to delete the egr maps?
Old 04-03-2011, 08:28 PM   #23
sr5guy
Troll Hunter

sr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippey764 View Post
Are there legends in other markets without the EGR system like the g1's?
Yes, I have the chip from the OZDM (Australian) market and guess what? They run lower compression (9.0:1), they use REGULAR gas and a much, much more reserved ignition timing map.

Without going into technical detail, there is a switch within the program that turns off all EGR operation, and this switch is OFF in the OZDM ECU. Reverse engineering this program switch is actually what allowed me to discover many of my findings. It provided enough information in order for me tie up this theory with enough facts to support them.

-Matt

P.S. Thanks for reminding me about the OZDM chip, I will edit the OP to include a blurb about it.

Last edited by sr5guy; 04-03-2011 at 08:32 PM.
sr5guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:46 PM   #24
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Isn't the firing order 1-4-5-2-3-6?

*edit* that was supposed to be 1-4-2-5-3-6, I put the 2 and 5 backwards
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Last edited by Chrispy; 04-03-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:47 PM   #25
Vic Cardenas

Vic Cardenas is a jewel in the roughVic Cardenas is a jewel in the roughVic Cardenas is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr5guy View Post
In a place you might not expect to find it... Ok now find the firing order . Also, I fixed the original post with cylinder #3.

-Matt
I have a crappy Haynes manual sitting in front of me.
It says firing order is, 1-4-2-5-5-3-6
it literally says this with two 5's
Old 04-03-2011, 08:50 PM   #26
GreekPower

GreekPower will become famous soon enoughGreekPower will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GreekPower Send a message via MSN to GreekPower Send a message via Yahoo to GreekPower Send a message via Skype™ to GreekPower

so basically from your big post (didn't read all the other ones) if we were to either block or delete the EGR system that might help the c32s? but it seems what your saying is the egr is needed to help prevent detonation cause we have a "high" compression engine.

in a "shortened" version of what your saying. reason I'm asking is because kenso ran a catchcan for years on his legend, and other have egr block plates installed. so maybe ask them how/if they have a BHG

PM BOX IS FULL! Text me 724-584-0340
7/28/10 7:37pm Hell has frozen over Greek REMOVED his engine
1/26/13 7:23pm SHE RUNS! video >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se4r5Y3RjqA
5/18/13 3:27pm DYNO! 577whp/501wtq @19psi
GreekPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:58 PM   #27
Vic Cardenas

Vic Cardenas is a jewel in the roughVic Cardenas is a jewel in the roughVic Cardenas is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekPower View Post
so basically from your big post (didn't read all the other ones) if we were to either block or delete the EGR system that might help the c32s? but it seems what your saying is the egr is needed to help prevent detonation cause we have a "high" compression engine.

in a "shortened" version of what your saying. reason I'm asking is because kenso ran a catchcan for years on his legend, and other have egr block plates installed. so maybe ask them how/if they have a BHG
No, he's saying if the EGR is blocked, it will cause detonation because the gasses help cool the cylinder. There's a map that is running advanced timing and leaner fuel trim only when the EGR valve opens, even if the EGR system is blocked up. If the gasses are blocked...ping, ping!

Last edited by Vic Cardenas; 04-03-2011 at 09:02 PM.
Vic Cardenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:03 PM   #28
Reboticon
Lord Of The Clunker

Yep Vic explained it correctly, and nice job finding the cylinder numbers. I'm just glad to know I'm not crazy because they have all been rear passenger side for me.
Reboticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:26 PM   #29
GreekPower

GreekPower will become famous soon enoughGreekPower will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GreekPower Send a message via MSN to GreekPower Send a message via Yahoo to GreekPower Send a message via Skype™ to GreekPower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Cardenas View Post
No, he's saying if the EGR is blocked, it will cause detonation because the gasses help cool the cylinder. There's a map that is running advanced timing and leaner fuel trim only when the EGR valve opens, even if the EGR system is blocked up. If the gasses are blocked...ping, ping!
yeah sorry thats what I ment going on little sleep today...

So with the exhaust gas being cooler then combustion chamber gases its causing the cylinders to "cool" so.... run a hypothetical question here.

if we ran say a cryo kit in the intake manifold to keep the air temps cooler, wouldn't that help do the same as a egr? Or would the durastic difference in temps actually damage the gaskets. For this scenario, lets say EGR gases are 1000F and combustion chamber is 2500F and cyro kit is 100F. I ask because then those running NOS won't blow hg's (if they ran it daily 24/7)

if that doesn't make sense I'll retype it in the AM and explain it better. I'm basing this off of other cars that ran high compression in the early 90s (10:1) but they don't BHG, but their cooling system is setup differently then ours.

PM BOX IS FULL! Text me 724-584-0340
7/28/10 7:37pm Hell has frozen over Greek REMOVED his engine
1/26/13 7:23pm SHE RUNS! video >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se4r5Y3RjqA
5/18/13 3:27pm DYNO! 577whp/501wtq @19psi
GreekPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:26 PM   #30
sr5guy
Troll Hunter

sr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekPower View Post
yeah sorry thats what I ment going on little sleep today...

So with the exhaust gas being cooler then combustion chamber gases its causing the cylinders to "cool" so.... run a hypothetical question here.

if we ran say a cryo kit in the intake manifold to keep the air temps cooler, wouldn't that help do the same as a egr? Or would the durastic difference in temps actually damage the gaskets. For this scenario, lets say EGR gases are 1000F and combustion chamber is 2500F and cyro kit is 100F. I ask because then those running NOS won't blow hg's (if they ran it daily 24/7)

if that doesn't make sense I'll retype it in the AM and explain it better. I'm basing this off of other cars that ran high compression in the early 90s (10:1) but they don't BHG, but their cooling system is setup differently then ours.
Of course reduced air intake temperatures directly reduce combustion chamber temps! What do you think the point of an intercooler is on any turbo car?

Most likely those cars you're talking about don't have the same type of EGR compensation that the Legend does.

-Matt