AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2011, 08:19 PM   #21
Nino418
3.5 Hybrid Powered
 
Nino418's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 2,753


Real Name: Ze Nurse
Nino418 has a spectacular aura aboutNino418 has a spectacular aura aboutNino418 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Nino418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippey764 View Post
Are there legends in other markets without the EGR system like the g1's?
Yes there are... i just forget which market it is. I think its the Australian market.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyumyum View Post
Still makes me laugh when I think about it. "I am ze nurse. Ve do vant zhe legends to do ze overheatinggss. "
R.I.P
Nino418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:26 PM   #22
Tippey
Pony
 
Tippey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rockville MD
Posts: 1,893
Real Name: Austin
Tippey will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino418 View Post
Yes there are... i just forget which market it is. I think its the Australian market.
so then if this theory was true then that market of cars would not have BHG

also you could take the ECU from one to delete the egr maps?
__________________
Tippey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:28 PM   #23
sr5guy
Troll Hunter
 
sr5guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 2,868

Real Name: Matt W.
sr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to all
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippey764 View Post
Are there legends in other markets without the EGR system like the g1's?
Yes, I have the chip from the OZDM (Australian) market and guess what? They run lower compression (9.0:1), they use REGULAR gas and a much, much more reserved ignition timing map.

Without going into technical detail, there is a switch within the program that turns off all EGR operation, and this switch is OFF in the OZDM ECU. Reverse engineering this program switch is actually what allowed me to discover many of my findings. It provided enough information in order for me tie up this theory with enough facts to support them.

-Matt

P.S. Thanks for reminding me about the OZDM chip, I will edit the OP to include a blurb about it.
__________________

Last edited by sr5guy; 04-03-2011 at 08:32 PM.
sr5guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:46 PM   #24
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades
 
Chrispy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 8,550
Real Name: Chrisp
Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Isn't the firing order 1-4-5-2-3-6?

*edit* that was supposed to be 1-4-2-5-3-6, I put the 2 and 5 backwards
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day


Last edited by Chrispy; 04-03-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:47 PM   #25
Vic Cardenas
Senior Member
 
Vic Cardenas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 3,103



Vic Cardenas is a jewel in the roughVic Cardenas is a jewel in the roughVic Cardenas is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr5guy View Post
In a place you might not expect to find it... Ok now find the firing order . Also, I fixed the original post with cylinder #3.

-Matt
I have a crappy Haynes manual sitting in front of me.
It says firing order is, 1-4-2-5-5-3-6
it literally says this with two 5's
__________________
AutoAlchemist.com
Get a Discount Code to use on AutoAlchemist.com. Email me at vic@autoalchemist.com to get Discount Code
Vic Cardenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:50 PM   #26
GreekPower
Senior Member
 
GreekPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 14,087

Real Name: Lou aka Greek
GreekPower will become famous soon enoughGreekPower will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GreekPower Send a message via MSN to GreekPower Send a message via Yahoo to GreekPower Send a message via Skype™ to GreekPower
Default

so basically from your big post (didn't read all the other ones) if we were to either block or delete the EGR system that might help the c32s? but it seems what your saying is the egr is needed to help prevent detonation cause we have a "high" compression engine.

in a "shortened" version of what your saying. reason I'm asking is because kenso ran a catchcan for years on his legend, and other have egr block plates installed. so maybe ask them how/if they have a BHG
__________________

PM BOX IS FULL! Text me 724-584-0340
7/28/10 7:37pm Hell has frozen over Greek REMOVED his engine
1/26/13 7:23pm SHE RUNS! video >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se4r5Y3RjqA
5/18/13 3:27pm DYNO! 577whp/501wtq @19psi
GreekPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:58 PM   #27
Vic Cardenas
Senior Member
 
Vic Cardenas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 3,103



Vic Cardenas is a jewel in the roughVic Cardenas is a jewel in the roughVic Cardenas is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekPower View Post
so basically from your big post (didn't read all the other ones) if we were to either block or delete the EGR system that might help the c32s? but it seems what your saying is the egr is needed to help prevent detonation cause we have a "high" compression engine.

in a "shortened" version of what your saying. reason I'm asking is because kenso ran a catchcan for years on his legend, and other have egr block plates installed. so maybe ask them how/if they have a BHG
No, he's saying if the EGR is blocked, it will cause detonation because the gasses help cool the cylinder. There's a map that is running advanced timing and leaner fuel trim only when the EGR valve opens, even if the EGR system is blocked up. If the gasses are blocked...ping, ping!
__________________
AutoAlchemist.com
Get a Discount Code to use on AutoAlchemist.com. Email me at vic@autoalchemist.com to get Discount Code

Last edited by Vic Cardenas; 04-03-2011 at 09:02 PM.
Vic Cardenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:03 PM   #28
Reboticon
Lord Of The Clunker
 
Reboticon's Avatar
Default

Yep Vic explained it correctly, and nice job finding the cylinder numbers. I'm just glad to know I'm not crazy because they have all been rear passenger side for me.
Reboticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:26 PM   #29
GreekPower
Senior Member
 
GreekPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 14,087

Real Name: Lou aka Greek
GreekPower will become famous soon enoughGreekPower will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GreekPower Send a message via MSN to GreekPower Send a message via Yahoo to GreekPower Send a message via Skype™ to GreekPower
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Cardenas View Post
No, he's saying if the EGR is blocked, it will cause detonation because the gasses help cool the cylinder. There's a map that is running advanced timing and leaner fuel trim only when the EGR valve opens, even if the EGR system is blocked up. If the gasses are blocked...ping, ping!
yeah sorry thats what I ment going on little sleep today...

So with the exhaust gas being cooler then combustion chamber gases its causing the cylinders to "cool" so.... run a hypothetical question here.

if we ran say a cryo kit in the intake manifold to keep the air temps cooler, wouldn't that help do the same as a egr? Or would the durastic difference in temps actually damage the gaskets. For this scenario, lets say EGR gases are 1000F and combustion chamber is 2500F and cyro kit is 100F. I ask because then those running NOS won't blow hg's (if they ran it daily 24/7)

if that doesn't make sense I'll retype it in the AM and explain it better. I'm basing this off of other cars that ran high compression in the early 90s (10:1) but they don't BHG, but their cooling system is setup differently then ours.
__________________

PM BOX IS FULL! Text me 724-584-0340
7/28/10 7:37pm Hell has frozen over Greek REMOVED his engine
1/26/13 7:23pm SHE RUNS! video >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se4r5Y3RjqA
5/18/13 3:27pm DYNO! 577whp/501wtq @19psi
GreekPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:26 PM   #30
sr5guy
Troll Hunter
 
sr5guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 2,868

Real Name: Matt W.
sr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to all
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekPower View Post
yeah sorry thats what I ment going on little sleep today...

So with the exhaust gas being cooler then combustion chamber gases its causing the cylinders to "cool" so.... run a hypothetical question here.

if we ran say a cryo kit in the intake manifold to keep the air temps cooler, wouldn't that help do the same as a egr? Or would the durastic difference in temps actually damage the gaskets. For this scenario, lets say EGR gases are 1000F and combustion chamber is 2500F and cyro kit is 100F. I ask because then those running NOS won't blow hg's (if they ran it daily 24/7)

if that doesn't make sense I'll retype it in the AM and explain it better. I'm basing this off of other cars that ran high compression in the early 90s (10:1) but they don't BHG, but their cooling system is setup differently then ours.
Of course reduced air intake temperatures directly reduce combustion chamber temps! What do you think the point of an intercooler is on any turbo car?

Most likely those cars you're talking about don't have the same type of EGR compensation that the Legend does.

-Matt
__________________
sr5guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Did the MLS head gaskets ever happen? thein 2nd Gen. Legend General Discussion 20 02-11-2011 06:46 AM
My Head Gaskets the_professional 2nd Gen. Legend General Discussion 9 08-11-2010 12:10 AM
Felpro head gaskets masterblaster 2nd Gen. Legend General Discussion 10 07-16-2010 10:04 PM
Used head gaskets blackeagle229 2nd Gen. Legend General Discussion 16 03-31-2010 02:17 PM
head gaskets? 90LSCoupe 1st Gen. Legend General Discussion 2 08-18-2009 10:11 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

AcuraLegend.Org is not affiliated with, nor represents in any form, Acura and Honda Motor Company. Some logos and names used herein remain the trademark of Honda Motor Company.