AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend General Discussion

Old 09-19-2019, 08:24 PM   #1
ellisjay2

ellisjay2 is on a distinguished road
Default Changed front brake pads but air in master cylinder??

I wore my pads down pretty good and changed them with new rotors on front. Then after few days driving noticed pedal was getting stiffer to stop.....now it's hard to stop....so I did a bleed job on all lines in proper order right rear..front left.....left rear..right front......I didn't have help so I open valve pump pedal until all bubbles gone then closed valve kept reservoir full.........is that okay I've seen people do it........now same thing still exist....noticed other day I hear air under steering wheel as I push brake pedal......I'm hearing I need special tool because of and sys.........pads on back new changing too but just wanted front ones for now......should I bleed again this time with helper to force air out better??? Or any other suggestions dealing with these legends brake systems.????

Checked all lines no leaks......I don't think master cylinder is bad....but has air in it somehow all of a sudden.......

Last edited by ellisjay2; 09-19-2019 at 08:29 PM.
ellisjay2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 12:39 AM   #2
alittlethin

alittlethin will become famous soon enough

You can bleed the brakes by yourself. My procedure is to cut a piece of wood that is the length of the bottom of the brake pedal travel.

-You crack the bleeder on the caliper

-Then push the brake pedal with your hand and insert the piece of wood to hold the pedal down.

-tighten the bleeder

-release the pedal

Do this on all four corners making sure that the master cylinder is at least half full of fluid.

The other thing that you said, "I hear air under steering wheel as I push brake pedal."

This sounds like a brake booster leak. The brake booster helps with distribution of the hydraulic force going to the brake calipers. If you have a bad or leaking brake booster you basically no longer have power brakes and the brake pedal will be hard to push.
Come on man, don't take it so serious. It takes a lot of comitment and pride to throw money into something that will never yield a 16th back.

~Dv8
alittlethin is offline   Reply With Quote