AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend General Discussion

Old 12-17-2018, 08:45 AM   #1
Legend to Grave
Love that ride!

Legend to Grave is on a distinguished road
Default “CEL” codes but not in a rush to fix

Codes 12 (EGR valve sensor) and 46 (right fuel metering)

I’m not getting the ‘93 LS 6 speed coupe inspected any time soon, just wondering if I can wait a while (weeks?) to do anything to fix. Concerned more with the “46”

'93 Legend Sedan - Original Owner
"Me" and "Mini Me"
Legend to Grave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:21 AM   #2
tito1228
www.g2plusparts.com

Location: http://stores.ebay.com/g2plusparts Orlando, Fl. U.S.A.
tito1228 is on a distinguished road

Do the code 12 first.
tito1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 01:17 PM   #3
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend to Grave View Post
Codes 12 (EGR valve sensor) and 46 (right fuel metering)

I’m not getting the ‘93 LS 6 speed coupe inspected any time soon, just wondering if I can wait a while (weeks?) to do anything to fix. Concerned more with the “46”
Code 46 is likely going to end up being an O2 sensor, start shopping for a Denso replacement.

As far as code 12, you MIGHT be able to spray a little PB Blaster or Free All onto the shaft for the EGR lift valve. It might free up that valve enough so it moves. Usually a little corrosion in the form of rust or sometimes carbon build up will get on that shaft and keep it from moving. Worth a shot before you replace the EGR valve.
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 06:27 AM   #4
Legend to Grave
Love that ride!

Thanks for your feedback!

"Me" and "Mini Me"
Old 02-26-2019, 02:43 PM   #5
Legend to Grave
Love that ride!

Well, replaced both oxygen sensors and basically soaked the shaft for the EGR lift valve, and reset the CEL codes.

Drove it to work this morning in cold weather that usually sets off the code 12 and the return trip home was also a success - no CEL!!!

I’ll patiently wait to see what happens over the next week or two before thinking about replacing the EGR valve but I’m happy to do nothing at this point. Thanks Chris for the tip!

"Me" and "Mini Me"
Old 02-26-2019, 04:57 PM   #6
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Nice! Glad that seems to have worked. Once I get those freed up, I like to spray some remoil on the shaft for the lift valve. It's a suspended teflon lubricant that is used commonly for guns, it keeps things from sticking and building up on the shaft and keeps it moving freely. Now, let's hope this solves that code 12 long term. At least now you know it was sticking and not fully seized.
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 07:11 PM   #7
ActionJackson
Legends to go,please

ActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the rough

Good tips on the EGR. I have done that myself with success. Keep those Legends going, Eric!
Old 03-15-2019, 12:50 PM   #8
Legend to Grave
Love that ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
Good tips on the EGR. I have done that myself with success. Keep those Legends going, Eric!
Trying my best to drive a Legend every day
👍

"Me" and "Mini Me"
Old 08-22-2019, 01:48 PM   #9
Legend to Grave
Love that ride!

Enough of the temporary fix for the code 12 EGR; had a new one installed today. Let’s see if the CEL stays dark.

"Me" and "Mini Me"