AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend General Discussion

Old 03-20-2019, 02:48 PM   #1
IamPlan_B

IamPlan_B is on a distinguished road
Default Battery light coming on and off

When starting , battery light comes on and off when I accelerate and back on when off pedal in park. Also does this sometimes when driving.
I've replaced the alternator about a year or so from auto zone and battery is also replaced due to door lock solenoids draining previous battery at night.
Removed door lock fuse, so that's no longer issue. Also abs light comes on and then off at same time as battery light goes off at start up but then won't come back on.
I don't see or feel any difference in performance or slowing down on electrical components I.e, power windows or wipers
IamPlan_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 05:26 AM   #2
tstint16

tstint16 is on a distinguished road

Double check the wiring going to the starter it could come loose making just enough contact to start the car also, have you done a voltage test on your system. I would hate to say its your alt thats bad but it could be even though you replaced it a year ago.

Last edited by tstint16; 03-25-2019 at 12:28 PM.
tstint16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 10:22 AM   #3
IamPlan_B

I will check all wiring connections and have alt tested.
Old 03-23-2019, 11:38 AM   #4
alittlethin

alittlethin will become famous soon enough

Your brushes on your alternator are probably going bad. I'd take a look at replacing it...it's a pain in the ass to get that fucker out...best of luck.
Come on man, don't take it so serious. It takes a lot of comitment and pride to throw money into something that will never yield a 16th back.

~Dv8
alittlethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 02:34 PM   #5
IamPlan_B

But that alternator isn't even that old, and the one I replaced was the original