AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend General Discussion

Old 09-20-2011, 06:45 PM   #11
Logistics

Logistics is on a distinguished road

:facepalm: I almost posted that there was "no information about spark-plug wires!"
Logistics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:24 AM   #12
vayankee

vayankee is on a distinguished road
Default Question about Legend maintenance

I noted the following line under regular maintenance in your very helpost post:
"Adjust valve clearances."

We have two legends, both sedans-a '92 and a '94. The '92 has 150k on it, and there is what I and a mechanic friend think is valve noise. I looked through the online service manual under valves and could not find anything about adjusting them. I realize that they are hydraulic valves. But the item above about adjusting them and the noise has me puzzled.

Is there something else that could sound like noisy valves that needs attention on the '92? The '94 with over 125K does make that sound.

Thanks.
vayankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:38 AM   #13
Quaraxkad
Moderator?

Quaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Quaraxkad

Quote:
Originally Posted by vayankee View Post
I noted the following line under regular maintenance in your very helpost post:
"Adjust valve clearances."

We have two legends, both sedans-a '92 and a '94. The '92 has 150k on it, and there is what I and a mechanic friend think is valve noise. I looked through the online service manual under valves and could not find anything about adjusting them. I realize that they are hydraulic valves. But the item above about adjusting them and the noise has me puzzled.

Is there something else that could sound like noisy valves that needs attention on the '92? The '94 with over 125K does make that sound.

Thanks.
The schedule in this post comes from the Haynes manual, which covers both the Legend and the Integra, and on top of that it doesn't follow the recommendations from Honda anyway. Haynes uses basically the same schedule for every car. There are no valve clearances to adjust on the Legend. The wiki has an accurate Legend-specific maintenance schedule: LegendWiki - G2: DIY: Maintenance

Your lifters are probably the cause of the sound, and it's very common. Others may suggest different oils and additives, but the only real "fix" is to remove and bleed them all, but that's a lot of work just to quiet down a sound.

Last edited by Quaraxkad; 12-15-2012 at 08:05 AM.
Quaraxkad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #14
vayankee

vayankee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaraxkad View Post
The schedule in this post comes from the Haynes manual, which covers both the Legend and the Integra, and on top of that it doesn't follow the recommendations from Honda anyway. Haynes uses basically the same schedule for every car. There are no valve clearances to adjust on the Legend. The wiki has an accurate Legend-specific maintenance schedule: LegendWiki - G2: DIY: Maintenance

Your lifters are probably the cause of the sound, and it's very common. Others may suggest different oils and additives, but the only real "fix" is to remove and bleed them all, but that's a lot of work just to quite down a sound.
Live with it then-sounds good. Thanks for your help!
vayankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:51 AM   #15
SXCAL
Bust A Move

SXCAL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vayankee View Post
Live with it then-sounds good. Thanks for your help!
Lmao hgeez:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alperovich View Post
ppl want em, no one really ever has any money thou and shipping is a bitch. pretty much sums up legend life
SXCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:28 PM   #16
Akrite

Akrite is on a distinguished road

Is there some something that can visually walk me through changing out the thermostat?
Akrite is offline   Reply With Quote