AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Site Feedback and Requests > Feedback and Requests

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 07:41 AM   #11
typeIIdude

typeIIdude is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alperovich View Post
the problem is Q has no discretion, he's a enforce the rules 100% or nothing. its all black and white and no damn gray area this forum was founded and built upon. its just too far hgeez:
Not to mention what our great country was founded on. Ok so yes why not take the conversation and re-post in another thread? In fact I insist you do just that. It is tough enough having to part with my baby. Really! Q do the right thing

Last edited by typeIIdude; 09-30-2013 at 07:43 AM.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:00 AM   #12
typeIIdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
I don't get it. You deleted my post which just said it was a beautiful coupe and that I hope the sale went well. Go look at my FS thread. More than half of the posts are like that... Does this rule only get enforced for 20% of the FS threads or something?
No this rule only is enforced when it suits the enforcer. Envy is a terrible emotion to exude when moderating a forum.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:03 PM   #13
MarcD
Low mileage nutso

MarcD is on a distinguished road

I don't know why my comment was deleted either? All I said was beautiful coupe and good luck with the sale.. So I'll say it again- beautiful car!
Old 09-30-2013, 12:08 PM   #14
typeIIdude

Thank you for the kind words
Old 09-30-2013, 12:14 PM   #15
Jdewget

Jdewget is on a distinguished road

Mine was too. I thought it was in good taste. A car with this low of miles and condition deserves the love.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:16 PM   #16
Alperovich
The Stig

Alperovich is a jewel in the roughAlperovich is a jewel in the roughAlperovich is a jewel in the roughAlperovich is a jewel in the rough

it also shows that ppl here are interested in it, or atleast that's it is a good buy to someone "off the street" otherwise, they look at it, and go wow, such a nice car and no one is ever talking about it, there must be something wrong. its one thing when its like 10 pages of bs in a for sale thread, or the seller asks for a clean up but come on....

[IMG][/IMG]

94 KA8 DMM LS 6spd "MISTY" 2017-present
94 KA8 Milano LS 6spd "Milano" 2012-2017 RIP stupid camry
94 KA8 SGM LS 6spd "Annie" 2008-???*top secret*
94 KA7 DMM GS auto "Misty" 2008 RIP
93 KA8 GBP LS 6spd 2005-2008 RIP

FOR SALE:dotORG + I<3myLegend(KA/KB) stickers! +more
Old 09-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #17
One6DSwifflY
Brooklyn Memba

One6DSwifflY is on a distinguished road
Wink This!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeIIdude View Post
No this rule only is enforced when it suits the enforcer. Envy is a terrible emotion to exude when moderating a forum.
Diddy had it rite... "Jealousy's a mutha£~€@,.... If u a jealous mutha£~€@, u just a weak mutha£~€@.... Wen u on top, mutha£~€@ just wanna bring u down...."

Ex: http://forums.acuralegend.org/feeler...ni-t29757.html

Rules changed after my thread was made. I wasn't gonna post in ur thread Dan after I saw the posts were deleted but u hit the nail in the head my friend we'll talk

"This 1 is for BROOKLYN! Land of da Crooks, home of my dame..." do ya research!!
Old 09-30-2013, 06:19 PM   #18
rwheadon
S*L*O*W

rwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the rough

I don't think it was jealousy or nazism... I think it's just one of "those things" that happens.

It really bothered me at first, then I thought about it and realized the way to "fix" it is to provide feedback. I have gone full circle on the topic and rules are rules. I'd say let's just see what we can offer as a bunch of interested people to help keep the threads from getting totally polluted with trash while remaining engaging.

Honestly, I have no idea what it takes to keep a forum together. I have created some knowledgebases and they were pretty strict. Initially I just didn't understand why anyone would delete my post... now I get it. For all I knew back then we had data corruption, or the thread owner wanted the thread clean, or a new mod accidentally deleted some posts or Kevin's cats ate the posts when Dan visited him.

I found out pretty quickly why they were gone and stepped away to absorb it all first.

rich

* Your smoking 3.2 engine is probably ok... replace your valve guide seals before condemning it!
Old 09-30-2013, 06:28 PM   #19
Quaraxkad
Moderator?

Quaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Quaraxkad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4HondaOwner View Post
But yet he decides to try to turn this site into what .com has become.
I find it interesting that you compare this to .com, seeing as how you are a moderator there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alperovich View Post
the problem is Q has no discretion, he's a enforce the rules 100% or nothing. its all black and white and no damn gray area this forum was founded and built upon. its just too far hgeez:
You are absolutely right, no gray area. When there was a gray area, everybody complained about mods playing favorites. You can't have it both ways. And if you notice, even with *no* gray areas in the rules, we are still accused of acting only when it suits our interests (see the next quote?). Make up your minds. You can't have it both ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeIIdude View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
Go look at my FS thread. More than half of the posts are like that... Does this rule only get enforced for 20% of the FS threads or something?
None of the moderators are omnipresent and/or omnipotent. Things fall through the cracks and get missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
My post WAS directly related to the sale of said Legend. Kevin gave a review of the said Legend and I encouraged him to consider buying it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcD View Post
I don't know why my comment was deleted either? All I said was beautiful coupe and good luck with the sale.. So I'll say it again- beautiful car!
While general comments and even compliments about the car are not themselves disruptive, when a thread continues to grow and grow with posts such as "nice car", "glws", "wish i could afford it!", "that's low mileage!", "i wish i lived closer!", this is just needless clutter. It is spelled out specifically in the rules. If you are not personally interested in the item for sale, do not post in the thread, unless you have some important information or questions to benefit all potential buyers.

Not long ago, there were complaints made by sellers that buyers were not able to easily see what items are for sale in their threads. Again, you can't have it both ways. Either the threads are kept neat and clean and easy to read, or they are filled up with nonsense. Whether anybody complains about it or not, it is in both the sellers and especially the buyers best interest to keep this stuff out of FS threads. Especially these days when so many of you are browsing the forum with mobile devices on tiny screens, it becomes a hassle to sift through endless pages of posts just to find out if the car is even still for sale or if the OP posted new pictures or useful information. Keeping threads clean ensures that every post in a thread is of some concern to every potential buyer viewing the thread.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:40 PM   #20
Alperovich
The Stig

Alperovich is a jewel in the roughAlperovich is a jewel in the roughAlperovich is a jewel in the roughAlperovich is a jewel in the rough

no our problem was total lack of moderation. this forum and .com ran great with out enforcing the rules as strictly as you do. period.

94 KA8 DMM LS 6spd "MISTY" 2017-present
94 KA8 Milano LS 6spd "Milano" 2012-2017 RIP stupid camry
94 KA8 SGM LS 6spd "Annie" 2008-???*top secret*
94 KA7 DMM GS auto "Misty" 2008 RIP
93 KA8 GBP LS 6spd 2005-2008 RIP

FOR SALE:dotORG + I<3myLegend(KA/KB) stickers! +more
Closed Thread