AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend Performance Enhancements

Old 11-03-2009, 12:20 AM   #11
sr5guy
Troll Hunter

sr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl420 View Post
im not disagreeing with you... any sort of caster changes will affect steering return... which is why i asked what is so bad about a bushing that can deliver zero deflection?

stock specifications for caster is 345' which is positive... and as long as it remains within spec a bushing that is more solid wont affect steering return negatively. the "springiness" of the bushing has little to do with steering return is basically what i was trying to get at.

just take a look at what tractions bars do. many of them use spherical bushings for their radius rods.

i hope you're not taking my posts the wrong way... im just here to help.
I need a solution for replacement control arm bushings I can sell my customers instead of the $500.00 each brackets from the dealer. I'd like them to be better than stock without the maintenance issues of poly bushings. Your starting to loose me here.

-Matt
Old 11-03-2009, 12:26 AM   #12
bl420

bl420 is on a distinguished road

the only thing i was giving you was another option since it seems you've closed the doors on poly bushings... its as simple as that.
bl420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:29 AM   #13
sr5guy
Troll Hunter

sr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl420 View Post
the only thing i was giving you was another option since it seems you've closed the doors on poly bushings... its as simple as that.
Haven't closed the door, the free floating bushings are just not for me. What was this other option? A cast poly bushing? Any suggestions on what hardness to use and what would make it REALLY stick to the sleeve?

-Matt
Old 11-03-2009, 12:49 AM   #14
bl420

bl420 is on a distinguished road

well im just suggesting polyurethane because i believe it will be easier to cast vs rubber

as far as rockwell rating i have no idea... it would be best to get a durometer to test out what the stock bushing is rated at.

to make urethane stick to the sleeve better you can use something called URE-BOND
bl420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:44 AM   #15
Wes
Member that 1 time?

Wes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekPower View Post
Matt you make them and I'm IN.
+1. You make, I buy.
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:16 PM   #16
antik
I blame the M3.

antik will become famous soon enoughantik will become famous soon enough

Great idea Matt. I'm confident a lot of us could benefit from a cost effective solution here. If the cost is reasonable, I think I'd be down.

'95 Auto L Sedan [SOLD]
ADDCO | MLS | KNUKONCEPTZ | ALPINE | ECLIPSE | JL AUDIO | HAWK | ATE

antik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:23 PM   #17
whats77inaname
Not forgotten.

whats77inaname has a spectacular aura aboutwhats77inaname has a spectacular aura about

Poly units are pretty sweet.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:26 PM   #18
Roger

Roger will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Roger

How about some pics of which bushings we are talking about exactly the one the suspension fork hooks to on the lower control arm?
Old 11-04-2009, 06:50 AM   #19
sr5guy
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
Poly units are pretty sweet.
Poly units are sweet, if you're a mechanic. Imagine me installing a set for a customer and 3 months later them coming back "THEY'RE SQUEEEEEEEEKING I WANT MY MONEY BACK".

-Matt
Old 11-04-2009, 07:18 AM   #20
antik
I blame the M3.

antik will become famous soon enoughantik will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr5guy View Post
Poly units are sweet, if you're a mechanic. Imagine me installing a set for a customer and 3 months later them coming back "THEY'RE SQUEEEEEEEEKING I WANT MY MONEY BACK".

-Matt
The BMW guys run 'em all the time without added noise. It can be done with the right lube.

I'm also not following why you're so adverse to poly: not complaining, I'm fine with rubber. Any solution that can be created is a good one in my book.

'95 Auto L Sedan [SOLD]
ADDCO | MLS | KNUKONCEPTZ | ALPINE | ECLIPSE | JL AUDIO | HAWK | ATE

antik is offline   Reply With Quote