AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > AcuraLegend.Org > New Member Introductions

Old 01-11-2019, 09:58 PM   #1
LaPaCa
92 Acura Legend LS

LaPaCa is on a distinguished road
Default (2) Manual 4-door Legends...

Hello!

Lauren here! Super stoked about my 91 and 92 4-door manual trans. Legends... Goal for the LS is a daily driver for my family & after some minor transplants between the two, the other gutted to be a fun car, to be able to be on a straight away for fun with my other half (he prefers less junk in the trunk, old school crx & civics). I appreciate real responses only from people that have as much appreciation as I do.

*Any suggestions for type/brand of exhaust that may come across less rice and not too beasty for the LS.

*J-series?

Look forward any response!

Lauren
LaPaCa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:53 AM   #2
Captain Slow
Ken

Captain Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCaptain Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCaptain Slow has a spectacular aura about

I was never much a performance guy, but I feel like an encyclopedia as this forum dies out. My knowledge is slowly degrading, but I can get you pointed in the right direction.

Remus and Stromung were always popular. Was it magnaflow that everyone wanted?

I don't think anyone's ever tried a J-swap on a G2, but you can make the car as quick as a 3G TL with other mods. Webcams, and the critical type II parts (fuel pressure regulator, ECU and intake manifold) would get you most of the way there. An SR5Guy ECU is great if you can find one. Remember: ECU matches your cams (and webcams count as type II cams). You could 3.5 swap it (from a 96-04 RL) but that's a lot of money for little profit unless your motor is already toast. There's OBX headers and high flow cats and other things I'm sure I'm forgetting, but you can get a lot for your money with the first four things I mentioned. It gets silly to do everything because you'd be better off starting with a 3G TL. They're sub-$5000 cars now.

Someone's got a groupbuy for webcams right now. Definitely check that out: http://forums.acuralegend.org/webcam...ds-t35443.html

Unless you want a lumpy rocket, I guess you'd want suspension and brakes, too. I think koni is the only show left in town for suspension and you'll want either the type II brackets (to accommodate the thicker rotors) or the RL brackets for rotors that are thicker still. The calipers don't make a lick of difference, but it's often difficult to buy brackets without calipers.

Godspeed.