AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > AcuraLegend.Org > New Member Introductions

Old 10-18-2018, 04:58 PM   #11
Marcia

Marcia is on a distinguished road

I heard back from the ins. company. The settlement has been increased to $2700 and change and we are accepting it. It's not $3200, but mine is not a coupe. Thank you so much for your help. Now to find a car that I like as much - this time a SUV.
Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 08:03 PM   #12
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Okay. Sad that a Legend had to go in all of this. At least physically you are okay. Now like you said, car shopping time.
Old 10-19-2018, 01:53 PM   #13
One6DSwifflY
Brooklyn Memba

One6DSwifflY is on a distinguished road

So I've been reading about ur issue since the beginning & had the same issue but the car was totalled for real. I was offered 5k for my mint 95 GS w/just over 100k, owned since 60k '06 - '13. The $5k didn't come near MY value of the car but it was reasonable. I bought the car back from the insurance co. for 500 to strip it of the best parts & I didn't even get everything. I think u did ok though. Good luck with the new purchase!

"This 1 is for BROOKLYN! Land of da Crooks, home of my dame..." do ya research!!
One6DSwifflY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 06:45 PM   #14
Marcia

Hi, Bringing you up to date and to thank you for all of your help. The insurance came back and offered $2700+ and we took it. Car is still with us and someone from Copart will come and get it. I'd love for someone to get it to fix or for parts so that I know that it is going to a deserving person.
Old 10-29-2018, 08:56 AM   #15
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

They will likely take it to a local salvage yard and depending on them it may become a vehicle where parts are offered to the public. One just hit my local yard this past week (a 91 sedan on the 24th). I am seeing in this part of the country (central Alabama) that they are pretty much taking Legends straight to recycling. Whatever region you are located would give the guys a chance to see if the car is being made available for parts or not. So just let us know and I'm sure people in your area will do their shopping.
Old 10-31-2018, 09:20 AM   #16
Marcia

It was picked up yesterday by Copart and has been taken to its lot in Graham, WA where it will be put on an online auction. Insurance Co will try to recoup its money.

I had looked at its national list of lots and see that throughout the country, only 6 Legends are listed, none others on the Graham lot! I hope the right person gets it.