AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend Performance Enhancements

Old 12-12-2017, 02:35 PM   #1
carwhisperer

carwhisperer is on a distinguished road
Default Another ECU tuning Question

I am working on a TII/6 speed swap into a VW. I turned the intake manifold backwards and eliminated the variable intake butterfly system. I also removed/capped the EGR system and that second Throttle body thingy, whatever it does.

I would like to tune my PX9 ECU so that it doesn't need these things. If I don't have those things hooked up will I get a CEL? I plan to run NA.

If I need to tune the ECU, what are the hardware needs? I read a couple of long threads on this site but they seem to assume that you know the basics. I think I need to install a chip socket in my ECU, program the chip with a computer, and install. Can anyone post a picture of what the needed hardware looks like?
carwhisperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 10:39 PM   #2
buzzard

buzzard is on a distinguished road

Can you flip me the link/s to the posts, i cant find it.
#1 in Honda C32A engines worldwide.

The innovators, not the imitators.
buzzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:45 PM   #3
carwhisperer

carwhisperer is on a distinguished road

I searched and couldn't find the link. For now I plan to run the stock PX9 ECU. I plan to remotely mount the EGR valve and sensor and the VIM solenoids. The ECU will still be operate them and not throw any codes, theoretically. I realize it could run a little lean at times but I hope not too much. Yes I realize a turbo could exacerbate that problem, but at only 5psi I think I'll be OK. I am thinking I can get away with an FMU as the only fuel delivery mod, although I would consider putting a 7th injector in front of the throttle body triggered to operate under boost.

For years I ran a Honda d15z1 (vtec-e) with a 8psi turbo and no intercooler. Absolutely zero fuel mods. I even kept the tiny vtec-e injectors. The engine finally failed after 50K miles when the wastegate stopped working and I started seeing 11psi.

Here is the chassis it was in. 1974 Civic with a 1990 RT4 wagovan AWD pan grafted in. I built this car in 2003 and drove it 190K miles over 10 years before selling it. I should have kept it.

Last edited by carwhisperer; 01-06-2018 at 09:58 PM.
carwhisperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 11:49 AM   #4
buzzard

buzzard is on a distinguished road

Took me a while

http://forums.acuralegend.org/merry-...erry+christmas
#1 in Honda C32A engines worldwide.

The innovators, not the imitators.
buzzard is offline   Reply With Quote