AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > Detailing

Old 01-16-2015, 05:42 PM   #1
Vic Cardenas

Vic Cardenas is a jewel in the roughVic Cardenas is a jewel in the roughVic Cardenas is a jewel in the rough
Default Starting a new business selling car wax

I have an exciting announcement for my legend brothers (and sisters? :dunno.

I have been working my butt off the past few months and I'm finally starting to see the fruits of my labor materializing. I have developed an excellent carnauba car wax and a very nice leather conditioner. I will release the wax very soon and shortly after that, the leather conditioner. I am starting small but in the future I will be competing against companies like Dodo Juice, Zymol, Swissvax, Palm Beach Motoring Group's brands and the likes.

The name of my business is "Auto Alchemist".

The biggest difference between me and them is that I am operating in a state with strict VOC laws that were recently enacted. I do not have the luxury of being "grandfathered in" like these companies, so all of my products will be Non-VOC, Low VOC or VOC exempt! My first wax uses only VOC exempt ingredients that replace the harsh solvents that are usually used (and still used, despite the laws!) to manufacture wax. My process is quite innovative and I will be seeking to patent it.

I am in the process of licensing the business right now (government workers are so slow!) and getting all my ducks in a row to open up shop. I am working on my website and have containers on order and working on getting my graphics/logo done. I spent like $1500 yesterday on equipment and consumables, so it is getting pretty serious!

I will be doing facebook giveaways and promotions to get the business started, so watch out for that. I'll also do some sort of group buy on here so all the forum members can get a discount.

I will be updating this thread with my progress (and links) once more things materialize and I start to look a little more professional. Stay tuned...
Old 01-16-2015, 08:01 PM   #2
ThirstyTree

ThirstyTree is on a distinguished road

I really cant wait for that leather conditioner. Almost out, too👍. Any new teaser pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
while pooping
Old 01-16-2015, 10:07 PM   #3
LowPSI

LowPSI will become famous soon enough

Very interested in becoming one of your first customers. Don't need the leather conditioner for my '93 5sp "itch", but Will's '94 could really use a cleaning. They both need a good buff and wax. Congrats on your new venture!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 01-16-2015, 10:17 PM   #4
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Count me in Vic! I am set in my ways when it comes to compounds and sealants, but I do try out lots of different top coat waxes. Pretty cool youve figured out a way to make all that stuff.
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 10:45 PM   #5
rwheadon
S*L*O*W

rwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the rough

Sounds great Vic!

I would like one tub of your special "wax once every 2 years and look like glass" formula that is so slick water, dirt and rocks are instantly repelled. Of course 3whp and 5mpg improvement is expected too.

rich

* Your smoking 3.2 engine is probably ok... replace your valve guide seals before condemning it!
rwheadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 08:09 AM   #6
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheadon View Post
Sounds great Vic!

I would like one tub of your special "wax once every 2 years and look like glass" formula that is so slick water, dirt and rocks are instantly repelled. Of course 3whp and 5mpg improvement is expected too.

rich
Aerodynamic mod
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Old 01-17-2015, 10:06 AM   #7
holyabish1

holyabish1 will become famous soon enoughholyabish1 will become famous soon enough

Sounds like a pretty awesome adventure. As soon as I have Maxine up and going, I'll have a good enough paint job to deserve such treatment, lol!
Old 01-17-2015, 12:19 PM   #8
Vic Cardenas

Vic Cardenas is a jewel in the roughVic Cardenas is a jewel in the roughVic Cardenas is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirstyTree View Post
I really cant wait for that leather conditioner. Almost out, too👍. Any new teaser pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
while pooping
I have a new camera on order but here is a quick teaser for you...
On my $1000 Canterbury Green ka7...
Paint is not prepped a lick but this stuff has been holding up, and beading, for a few months already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowPSI View Post
Very interested in becoming one of your first customers. Don't need the leather conditioner for my '93 5sp "itch", but Will's '94 could really use a cleaning. They both need a good buff and wax. Congrats on your new venture!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Thank you! I look forward to you trying it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
Count me in Vic! I am set in my ways when it comes to compounds and sealants, but I do try out lots of different top coat waxes. Pretty cool youve figured out a way to make all that stuff.
Thanks! Which ones do you like? Have you tried any Dodo Juice, Son1c Wax, Bouncers or Rubbish Boys products? That's kind of how I got into all this was reading all the threads. Now I hope to compete with them on all levels but I will be undercutting their prices a bit so hopefully that drives sales. I really think you will like my wax though. It performs quite well and a tub should last a good long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheadon View Post
Sounds great Vic!

rich
LOL... I can say it will look glassy and will repel water. Not so sure about the rest...

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyabish1 View Post
Sounds like a pretty awesome adventure. As soon as I have Maxine up and going, I'll have a good enough paint job to deserve such treatment, lol!
Thank you! Thanks for all the support guys! I can wait to get my gov'ment papers so I can start selling.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:51 AM   #9
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Vic, after my sealant cures I top with various waxes depending on color and finish Im looking for. Some of my favorites are Wolfgang Fuzion, Pinnacle Souveran and XMT 180. Dodo Juice Blue velvet, diamond white, and hard candy, and Blackfire black ice. I have some Blackfire midnight sun that I havent tried yet.

That said, each of those waxes will create different depths depending on the base paint. I will say it gets VERY expensive having to keep all these different waxes on the shelf for different finishes. Id be VERY interested in a single go to wax that will give me the finish I want every time, without having to keep multiple waxes around for each different finish Im looking for. But that can be really difficult. Im real interested in what you come up with and I will give any of your stuff a try and give you honest feedback.

Old 01-19-2015, 10:20 AM   #10
Dreams94coupe

Dreams94coupe has a spectacular aura aboutDreams94coupe has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Dreams94coupe

What color does this wax look best on? My car is midnight blue and I almost pissed myself after I put the blackfire black ice on my car. It left my paint nice and glossy. I'm always looking to try new stuff so I'm curious as to how well yours is.

Not sure if you know but autogeek festival meet is coming up soon. That maybe a good way to get your foot in the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreams94coupe View Post
I've invested way too much time, money, blood sweat and tears for me to see someone else enjoy it. Only way I'm giving up my Vanessa is till death do us apart.
Dreams94coupe is offline   Reply With Quote