AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > Detailing

Old 09-04-2013, 07:47 PM   #11
Vic Cardenas

Vic Cardenas is a jewel in the roughVic Cardenas is a jewel in the roughVic Cardenas is a jewel in the rough

What's the difference between this a "quick detailer" product? The cons I see with it is... No matter what, you're going to be rubbing contaminants into the wax underneath. There is no way 100% of what is on your car is going to end up in the rag. I wouldn't use this on a car with pristine paint.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:45 PM   #12
greenswisher

greenswisher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Cardenas View Post
What's the difference between this a "quick detailer" product? The cons I see with it is... No matter what, you're going to be rubbing contaminants into the wax underneath. There is no way 100% of what is on your car is going to end up in the rag. I wouldn't use this on a car with pristine paint.
It pretty much is a quick detailer spray, but it has more additives to lift dirt and for lubrication. I think you're supposed to only do one wipe per side of the towel to minimize the transfer of dirt to other parts of the surface.
greenswisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:48 AM   #13
bsmooth1027
grill master

bsmooth1027 has a spectacular aura aboutbsmooth1027 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to bsmooth1027

My results using it Def saves Alot of time and effort great of u are no were here a hose

Old 09-05-2013, 10:49 AM   #14
smokinfastlegend
Gone.

smokinfastlegend will become famous soon enoughsmokinfastlegend will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to smokinfastlegend

I dont understand why they call it waterless washes as its more so rinseless, not waterless.

I use either Optimum No Rinse or Quick&easy wash for these kinds of washes. Even with that, I like to make sure i at least have some mixed in a spray bottle so I can ensure the surface is wet. If done properly, you will not get any adverse effects in the paint surface. You just also have to realize when the car is too far off dirty to get a rinseless wash.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:49 AM   #15
Biggg72
The Big Bald 1

Biggg72 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Biggg72 Send a message via Yahoo to Biggg72

have any of you used fw1, its basically the same thing but in a spray can mostly used by nascar from the promotion? how does it compare?

That, Pate said, was an ass-kicking.
Biggg72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:00 AM   #16
smokinfastlegend
Gone.

smokinfastlegend will become famous soon enoughsmokinfastlegend will become famous soon enough

dont waste your money on fw1.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:55 PM   #17
rwheadon
S*L*O*W

rwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the rough

speaking of these quick wax/washes... even after a couple trips through the car wash i didn't really see the pearl in my black GS until I hit it with some Showtime. Crazy.

rich

* Your smoking 3.2 engine is probably ok... replace your valve guide seals before condemning it!
rwheadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #18
smokinfastlegend
Gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheadon View Post
speaking of these quick wax/washes... even after a couple trips through the car wash i didn't really see the pearl in my black GS until I hit it with some Showtime. Crazy.

rich
The reason why unfortunately is because car washes (tunnel or do it yourself with a brush) are highly not recommended for use if you enjoy your cars finish. Touchless car washes work, but do not remove all grime from your car. What ends up happening is that the brushes and tunnel system scratch the surface of your car terribly, dulling the finish and making your black car look gray as the scratches reflect all light that interacts with it. Touchless car washes only remove the loose removable layer of dirty from the surface and try to use harsh chemicals to remove anything else, but what ends up happening is you get a car that is still grimey.

To clean your car you need to interact with the surface, it just requires a certain amount of understanding to put the least amount of scratches into the surface while doing so.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:15 AM   #19
soloist
OCD Legend member

soloist is on a distinguished road

Solution is easy, take a really epic photo of your car, store it on your smartphone. That way you can take a peak at it to remember that it can be that clean, then you only wash it when you absolutely have to, it's a theft deterrent as well as a finish preserving tactic. I HATE washing my cars, no matter how soft a towel, chamois or whatever I still end up seeing more little swirls and defects. I do realize that it is mainly psychological, in that I am likely cleaning the car to the point of seeing where the previous owner didn't take as much care, so I am essentially seeing all the imperfections made throughout the life of the car. But yeah, my solution is to wash my cars only a couple times a year, when they get hit with a dust storm, or snow/road debris gets up on the finish. I figure the layer of dirt that is on there probably prevents UV and more visible light from actually destroying the clear coat.
soloist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:28 AM   #20
Alperovich
The Stig

Alperovich is a jewel in the roughAlperovich is a jewel in the roughAlperovich is a jewel in the roughAlperovich is a jewel in the rough

more like the layer of dirt is further making it worse since any little thing will cause it to damage the paint.

94 KA8 DMM LS 6spd "MISTY" 2017-present
94 KA8 Milano LS 6spd "Milano" 2012-2017 RIP stupid camry
94 KA8 SGM LS 6spd "Annie" 2008-???*top secret*
94 KA7 DMM GS auto "Misty" 2008 RIP
93 KA8 GBP LS 6spd 2005-2008 RIP

FOR SALE:dotORG + I<3myLegend(KA/KB) stickers! +more
Alperovich is offline   Reply With Quote