AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend Performance Enhancements

Old 04-04-2012, 01:49 AM   #31
filmshoot
Kierkegaard binge

filmshoot is on a distinguished road

or you can get an aem fuel pressure regulator
Old 04-04-2012, 02:28 PM   #32
soloist
OCD Legend member

soloist is on a distinguished road

That's the ONLY thing I keep going back and forth about...that damn FPR, everything else is bought, most of it has already shown up at Tony's, with my 3.5 Legend. The AEM one is NICE, but pricey...it all adds up, I know I am going to end up with the AEM unit, if I can't find a cheaper used one by tonight or tomorrow, I'll just buy it new. Also, to the question above, yes, the RL FPR is what Matt used, and "pinched" with a socket to bring the pressure up, you can't with the Type II b/c the vacuum nipple is in the way.
soloist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:08 PM   #33
omar

omar is on a distinguished road

sounds good. let me know when u want to do my car .
omar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #34
soloist
OCD Legend member

Well, everything everything is basically waiting to go into my 3.5 swap that Tony is doing for me. Looks like it may be some time before Matt fine tunes everything, so the stock injectors are going in (also, probably a good idea for first start up, getting a good baseline of performance with a new 3.5 hybrid swap). I am really looking forward to when the injectors and new program go in, but it will be worth the wait. Btw, I found a pic of the head of the injector, the increased atomization is SO apparent now, looking at the design.

12 individual, vectored passages...huge difference from the simple, single pin opening on the stock ones.

One of the few questions that I had, was, how do the RDX injectors fit into the stock manifold? Do they require different sized O-rings at the base?
Old 04-12-2012, 01:22 AM   #35
94_GS_Sedan

94_GS_Sedan will become famous soon enough

When are you gonna be able to start doing these for us?? Whats the total cost gonna be approximately?

-Sayed
94_GS_Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:40 AM   #36
soloist
OCD Legend member

Cost is pretty consistent, as the parts are only available through either Honda or Prospeed, well, that's not ENTIRELY true, the harness adapters for the injectors can be had from many places but the variance on price is narrow.

Don't quote me on this, but, I believe the injectors are $53 a piece from Honda/Acura, the "caps" and adapters were $160 from Prospeed (those are the adapters that allow the injectors to fit into the fuel rail and adapter harnesses), then there is the fuel pressure regulator, the AEM unit is a bolt 25-303 is the part number, ranges from $130-180 new. Then there is the most important part the ECU and tuning which, well is up to Matt on that one, he is the only one that has a program that works with these and he is still working out a few things, the cold start up issue with running rich.

I jumped on this even in the speculation stage because I desperately wanted better throttle response from the Legend and when I read what Matt wrote I was stoked. I think I am into this for about $500 just for parts. The rest will be up to Matt, when he makes a program available to us all.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:55 AM   #37
hustlav6
Banned

hustlav6 is on a distinguished road

is this possible to fit this injectors in to legend fuel lines? they seem to have different dimensions than oem ones...

as for FPR issues , the ones who will try this mod can use oem s2000 FPR (54 PSI at full throttle), which should be dirt cheap comparing to AEM, i have one in my setup , and use this adapter:

thats my project, and if it would be any interest in this i can manufacture few sets with o-rings and screws

Last edited by hustlav6; 04-15-2012 at 02:59 AM.
hustlav6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:32 PM   #38
soloist
OCD Legend member

In order for the injectors to work you have to get what are referred to as "caps" for the tops of the injectors, sold with many sets designed for use on ours, as well as a other older Honda's. Prospeed sells them in a set with the harness adapters.

Also, yeah, I just went ahead with the AEM FPR because it's a direct bolt on and adjustable, so if anything needs to be changed for any reason (like going back and forth from stock injectors to RDX, to something else) I am still covered.

Last edited by soloist; 04-15-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #39
filmshoot
Kierkegaard binge

filmshoot is on a distinguished road

I hope matt is thinkin' of doing a group buy for the "whole sha-bang" I mean everything needed to get this to work..that would be sick.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:33 AM   #40
hustlav6
Banned

hustlav6 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by soloist View Post
In order for the injectors to work you have to get what are referred to as "caps" for the tops of the injectors, sold with many sets designed for use on ours, as well as a other older Honda's. Prospeed sells them in a set with the harness adapters.

Also, yeah, I just went ahead with the AEM FPR because it's a direct bolt on and adjustable, so if anything needs to be changed for any reason (like going back and forth from stock injectors to RDX, to something else) I am still covered.
"caps" you say... is this expensive? whats the web page of those prospeed accessories?

so generally those injectors are peak&hold ones with the same flow rating as legend ones right?
hustlav6 is offline   Reply With Quote