AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend Performance Enhancements

Old 03-30-2012, 02:23 PM   #21
Alperovich
The Stig

Alperovich is a jewel in the roughAlperovich is a jewel in the roughAlperovich is a jewel in the roughAlperovich is a jewel in the rough

can't wait till the doc says we all can haz this upgrade in our cars, great find

94 KA8 DMM LS 6spd "MISTY" 2017-present
94 KA8 Milano LS 6spd "Milano" 2012-2017 RIP stupid camry
94 KA8 SGM LS 6spd "Annie" 2008-???*top secret*
94 KA7 DMM GS auto "Misty" 2008 RIP
93 KA8 GBP LS 6spd 2005-2008 RIP

FOR SALE:dotORG + I<3myLegend(KA/KB) stickers! +more
Alperovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:31 PM   #22
Team LR
UndaUGal

Team LR is on a distinguished road

Was waiting to hear bout this since the meet, nice work Matt, did u have to make the plugs for plug n play?
Old 03-30-2012, 09:09 PM   #23
soloist
OCD Legend member

soloist is on a distinguished road

You can get "jumper" harnesses to go from the newer style RDX (EV1) injector harness, to the older OBD1 style, like ours. They are pretty cheap and widely available
soloist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:41 AM   #24
filmshoot
Kierkegaard binge

filmshoot is on a distinguished road

sick bro! nice work I can't remember, did you have type II heads or RL heads?
Old 03-31-2012, 01:50 AM   #25
Geneva_Jee
Gold Member

Geneva_Jee will become famous soon enough

can't wait

FOR SALE - Geneva KA7 Sedan In Memory of
Geneva_Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:53 AM   #26
Bigboy
Acuraholiks Member!

Bigboy will become famous soon enoughBigboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Bigboy Send a message via Yahoo to Bigboy

very impressive Sir, I heard Drake in the back ground.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:59 AM   #27
Team LR
UndaUGal

Team LR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by soloist View Post
You can get "jumper" harnesses to go from the newer style RDX (EV1) injector harness, to the older OBD1 style, like ours. They are pretty cheap and widely available
yeah had found some online for $10 a piece, i always ask then search after which is kinda backwards lol
Old 03-31-2012, 10:42 AM   #28
sr5guy
Troll Hunter

sr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmooth1027 View Post
i drove it before nd after def made a big difference in low and top end power imho that car is fast i mean very fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetick View Post
I also drove it while he was doing he's tuning at the meet and i also know how it felt before the injectors, and i will say there is a differences, u can feel it to the way the car response when i got on it and even when i didn't. Now i cant tell because the tuning wasn't fully done, but until i drive it again this wil deff be an up grade i will be looking into doing. Good work Matt.
You guys didn't drive it with the increased fuel pressure and fine tuning. It's an entirely different beast now

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyabish1 View Post
Good to see the cat is out of the bag Matt. Stats are looking good, I know you wanted a little more but hell this is awesome!!
It certainly feels like more. I didn't do the dyno under the most optimal conditions and I didn't get to finish, so I do feel there is more to be made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alperovich View Post
can't wait till the doc says we all can haz this upgrade in our cars, great find
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothche View Post
Hey Matt, would there be any issues getting these injectors put into the car, while having the stock ECU modified in my stock 3.2 LS Coupe. As you know I have tuned my Legend with the help from you to remove the EGR maps and slightly tune the ignition maps, but could this mod be done to my almost stock Legend? If so let me know and I'll be ready to pay to play.
I'd say I have done a more than adequate job tuning my car to the point where I could sell this tune to someone with identical or close mods within the next few weeks. I am logging the short term fuel trims and I have them tuned down to the +/- 3% range right now. The only issue I have to deal with right now is extremely rich conditions on cold start. I am going to be working on fixing this issue tommorow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soloist View Post
Fantastic...damn Matt, your approach in everything you do is nothing short of what seems like a total commitment. I am DEFINITELY on board for this RDX injector upgrade. I know it will take time to get an ECU tune that works well with these injectors and is solid enough to offer to us 3.5 swap guys. I am excited as all hell about this. If you had a "donations" section on your website, I'd probably throw you a few bucks, as this reverse engineering, as well as forward engineering of unique Legend upgrades is worthy of supporting...as it benefits us ALL
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94LSedan View Post
Nice find! So any thoughts on what the bare minimum would need to be done to get these working on an otherwise stock motor?

I'm assuming the injectors, connector harnesses, seats, o-rings, RL FPR mod, and an ECU tune. Does the ECU tune seem like something you'd be able to do from your bench Matt or is it something that we'd have to individually follow up on after receiving them (assuming we already have a chipped ECU)?
Yes you're correct in what you need. The most important part is the ECU tune as the car won't run properly without it. I am working on the next generation of ECU tuning right now. My plans are to modify the ECU ROM with NSVRAM and write some code to update the ECU's maps and data in real time through the serial port (think of it as a emulator that is built into the ECU). Basically it's the same idea as a flashable ECU - but instead of having a separate emulator all datalogging and chip changes will be made through the onboard serial port. This will make it affordable(the ostrich emulator is $200 alone) and allow a fully integrated solution with only one cable coming from the ECU.

Taking this idea to the next logical step is remote tuning. You would get a modified ECU, install it in your car with a basemap close to your modifications. Then you would drive the car in a specific manner while you are logging different parameters. When you send me the logs I could analyze them and make the appropriate changes to the chip which I will then send you to upload to the ECU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmshoot View Post
sick bro! nice work I can't remember, did you have type II heads or RL heads?
RL Heads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigboy View Post
very impressive Sir, I heard Drake in the back ground.
Haha Over My Dead Body was playing really softly in the background I'm surprised you heard it.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:29 PM   #29
BestCoast

BestCoast is on a distinguished road

wow really impressive. haven't been on here in a while and come back to find this haha, I gotta get back on here more often.

Under Construction
BestCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:37 PM   #30
EvrLGND

EvrLGND is on a distinguished road

So this would only work with RL fpr not the type II?
EvrLGND is offline   Reply With Quote