AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend Performance Enhancements

Old 03-29-2012, 09:05 PM   #11
91ls 3.5
I'm coming!!

91ls 3.5 will become famous soon enough

Congrats Matt! You truly are a Legend pioneer!
Old 03-29-2012, 10:15 PM   #12
sr5guy
Troll Hunter

sr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to all

-Matt
Old 03-29-2012, 10:30 PM   #13
Canadian144

Canadian144 will become famous soon enough

VERY cool indeed! Great discovery. These will definitely be on my "to-buy" list for my 3.5 build this summer/fall. I just hope you will have the tune for sale by then!

Glad to see that even in the N/A Legend world, there are still innovators finding new ways to squeeze more power out of these motors.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:04 PM   #14
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Damn Matt! That dash board you have set up on your laptop is pretty sick! I cant wait to get a hands on look at that and the injectors! Awesome work bro.
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:08 AM   #15
Gothche

Gothche is on a distinguished road

Hey Matt, would there be any issues getting these injectors put into the car, while having the stock ECU modified in my stock 3.2 LS Coupe. As you know I have tuned my Legend with the help from you to remove the EGR maps and slightly tune the ignition maps, but could this mod be done to my almost stock Legend? If so let me know and I'll be ready to pay to play.
Gothche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:09 AM   #16
soloist
OCD Legend member

soloist is on a distinguished road

Fantastic...damn Matt, your approach in everything you do is nothing short of what seems like a total commitment. I am DEFINITELY on board for this RDX injector upgrade. I know it will take time to get an ECU tune that works well with these injectors and is solid enough to offer to us 3.5 swap guys. I am excited as all hell about this. If you had a "donations" section on your website, I'd probably throw you a few bucks, as this reverse engineering, as well as forward engineering of unique Legend upgrades is worthy of supporting...as it benefits us ALL
soloist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:33 AM   #17
Mike Diaz
Super Duper Member

Mike Diaz will become famous soon enoughMike Diaz will become famous soon enough

16450-RWC-A01 is the part number for the injector, in case anybody wanted to order them. I'm thinking about ordering mine this week.

3.5 swaps, head gasket replacements, and 5/6 speed swaps done in less than a week. PM for a quote.
Mike Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #18
94LSedan

94LSedan is on a distinguished road

Nice find! So any thoughts on what the bare minimum would need to be done to get these working on an otherwise stock motor?

I'm assuming the injectors, connector harnesses, seats, o-rings, RL FPR mod, and an ECU tune. Does the ECU tune seem like something you'd be able to do from your bench Matt or is it something that we'd have to individually follow up on after receiving them (assuming we already have a chipped ECU)?
94LSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:34 PM   #19
Vic Cardenas

Vic Cardenas is a jewel in the roughVic Cardenas is a jewel in the roughVic Cardenas is a jewel in the rough

Nice job, Matt! I've been wanting to try a set of RDX injectors for a long time now. I just wondered how the tuning would work.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:22 PM   #20
Jonslegend
Ive Got 2nd Gear!!!!

Jonslegend will become famous soon enough

Hmmmm me like.

It's not Gold, It's Cashmere
Jonslegend is offline   Reply With Quote