AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > Detailing > Body Repair and Other Paint Projects

Old 08-13-2011, 03:20 PM   #1
"Chopped"
Currently Building

"Chopped" is on a distinguished road
Default Wrecked my Legend - Watch the fix!

Got swiped by someone changing lanes...no blinker...hit the curb trying to avoid them hitting me...ended up with a busted fender, corner lens, slight damage to bumper, 1 blown tire and 1 gouged by the curb, and 2 wheels that need refinishing, 1 needs straightening.....

This was the rear wheel. I COULD get away with riding on this tire, but I'm replacing it anyway. Better to be on the safe side...

This is the tire from the front wheel. I didn't get a pic of the wheel. I was in a hurry to get it to QuickSilver to be straightened....

And here is the front wheel after being straightened and refinished. I'm going to match up the silver and refinish the other 3 so they will all look better than before...

More pics coming when I start the body work and get the other wheels done.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:35 PM   #2
BluBrett

BluBrett will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to BluBrett

I HATE it when people don't signal!!! If they would have just signaled, you probably could have dodged them! Sorry you have to go through this!
Old 08-13-2011, 03:38 PM   #3
stevieray
Old Ass Moderator

stevieray will become famous soon enough

Dude! Fuck me bald-headed, these no-driving backward-ass country fucks around here eat ass. I definitely feel ur pain. Got some GS wheels that u can have if you want to get Rod to refinish those instead. Got some OEM corners, too. Hit me up---

R.I.P. Fut
stevieray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:25 PM   #4
"Chopped"
Currently Building

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
Dude! Fuck me bald-headed, these no-driving backward-ass country fucks around here eat ass. I definitely feel ur pain. Got some GS wheels that u can have if you want to get Rod to refinish those instead. Got some OEM corners, too. Hit me up---
I might be interested in the left corner lens....but I still have my GS wheels tho, but they need tires. I already have the new tires for these wheels, too, I just don't wanna drive it 'til it's fixed. Gives me an excuse to go ahead and paint the whole front end...hood, bumper, fenders...have her looking sharp before next week is out. At least I have a whole car lot of loaner cars to choose from!
Old 08-14-2011, 09:36 AM   #5
4HondaOwner
Premium Gas Only

4HondaOwner is a jewel in the rough4HondaOwner is a jewel in the rough4HondaOwner is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Dude! Fuck me bald-headed, these no-driving backward-ass country fucks around here eat ass. I definitely feel ur pain.
That's a good way to put it if you've ever driven through Nashville. I did on June 29th on the way up to Minnesota. Stress levels go up 30 miles out from my first turn off when the Interstate goes from two lanes to three. If you aren't doing 70 plus, you are in the way. Then when road heads towards downtown, oh that's even more fun. Got to get over a lane or two to get headed towards Clarksville.

Not a surprise to see what happened to your car in Nashville area.

Keep the pictures coming of the finished product.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:09 AM   #6
Artillery129

Artillery129 will become famous soon enoughArtillery129 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
This post had me laughing so hard!!!
Artillery129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:07 AM   #7
stevieray
Old Ass Moderator

stevieray will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Chopped" View Post
I might be interested in the left corner lens....but I still have my GS wheels tho, but they need tires. I already have the new tires for these wheels, too, I just don't wanna drive it 'til it's fixed. Gives me an excuse to go ahead and paint the whole front end...hood, bumper, fenders...have her looking sharp before next week is out. At least I have a whole car lot of loaner cars to choose from!
Tru that. You know where I live so LMK---

R.I.P. Fut
stevieray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:45 PM   #8
"Chopped"
Currently Building

OK, so I didn't like the clear on the wheel I had straightened and refinished....so I RE-refinished it.

The best match I could find was a Platinum Silver body color for an 09 Hyundai...don't hate me for it.

I just got done mounting the tire and putting it on the car, but the wheel balancer fudged the clear a little bit, so I'll have to touch that up later. Got the rear wheel off and gonna sand it down and fill the scratches tomorrow. Then I shall be painting a Legend for the first time EVAR! Good thing I got plenty of practice working on cars much newer that are worth 7-8 times what my old Legend is worth, LOL.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:13 PM   #9
STREETSWEEPER559
Legend Loyalty

STREETSWEEPER559 is on a distinguished road

Damn chopped!!!! that rim looks sweet bro, I wonder what you could do to my gs wheels??? Any tips brotha, I want My GS wheels redone so that nobody seent em that way.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:17 PM   #10
STREETSWEEPER559
Legend Loyalty

STREETSWEEPER559 is on a distinguished road

Did I read coupe clear corners???