AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend General Discussion

Old 01-16-2011, 11:55 AM   #1
Espada

Espada is on a distinguished road
Default Legend wiki interior codes

I was looking up info on the interior upper trim color and decided to look at the Legend wiki. What I noticed is there seems to be a mistake made either by the Legend wiki creators or Acura themselves. Acura states *YR98L* (COAST SAND) and *YR114L* (SMOOTH BEIGE). The Legend wiki states YR98L is smooth beige and YR114L is coast sand. Anyone know for sure who's right? All I know is that on my 95 type F the headliner had YR114L, if this helps any.
Espada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:05 PM   #2
Gothche

Gothche is on a distinguished road

I'm not saying that Acura couldn't have made a mistake, but if you use wiki as a source for truth, then you have a big problem.
But YR98L is coast sand.
Gothche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:55 PM   #3
Espada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothche View Post
I'm not saying that Acura couldn't have made a mistake, but if you use wiki as a source for truth, then you have a big problem.
But YR98L is coast sand.
I just happened to catch that on the wiki, so wanted to clear that up. Many send others to the legend wiki, so it would be good if it can be as accurate as possible for all our benefit. Figured Acura would be right, but didn't want to just blame those who contributed to the wiki without hearing from others. Just trying to help out others not lay blame.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:06 AM   #4
onthe3rdday

onthe3rdday is on a distinguished road

Quote:
But YR98L is coast sand.
The wiki is pretty damn spot on. And if there is an error, I'm sure it'll be corrected quickly!
onthe3rdday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:27 PM   #5
Quaraxkad
Moderator?

Quaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Quaraxkad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espada View Post
I was looking up info on the interior upper trim color and decided to look at the Legend wiki. What I noticed is there seems to be a mistake made either by the Legend wiki creators or Acura themselves. Acura states *YR98L* (COAST SAND) and *YR114L* (SMOOTH BEIGE). The Legend wiki states YR98L is smooth beige and YR114L is coast sand. Anyone know for sure who's right? All I know is that on my 95 type F the headliner had YR114L, if this helps any.
You are correct, I have fixed the wiki. The codes probably just got mixed up while organizing the table. I'm surprised no one else has noticed or bothered to mention/fix it until now. Thanks!

Quote:
if you use wiki as a source for truth, then you have a big problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthe3rdday View Post
The wiki is pretty damn spot on. And if there is an error, I'm sure it'll be corrected quickly!
Quaraxkad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:18 PM   #6
Espada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaraxkad View Post
You are correct, I have fixed the wiki. The codes probably just got mixed up while organizing the table. I'm surprised no one else has noticed or bothered to mention/fix it until now. Thanks!

No problem, glad I can contribute.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:34 PM   #7
Gothche

Gothche is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaraxkad View Post

My point just is the very essence of what you write. Wiki is just updated by people like you and me, there's always a chance someone misunderstanding or simply hits the wrong keys on the keyboard. Very often when going to wikipedea you will find errors. I'm not trying to be disrespectful in anyway, but things like that happens a lot.
Gothche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:19 AM   #8
Quaraxkad
Moderator?

Quaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Quaraxkad

Quote:
My point just is the very essence of what you write. Wiki is just updated by people like you and me, there's always a chance someone misunderstanding or simply hits the wrong keys on the keyboard. Very often when going to wikipedea you will find errors. I'm not trying to be disrespectful in anyway, but things like that happens a lot.
That's why it's a wiki. If you find an error, you can either fix it or PM me and I'll fix it. Please, feel free to examine every word of content that's available right now, and let me know if you find any errors/typos/whatever.
Quaraxkad is offline   Reply With Quote