AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend Performance Enhancements

Old 06-27-2009, 11:41 PM   #31
BlkNBlu

BlkNBlu is on a distinguished road

So did bay area run or what?
BlkNBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:04 AM   #32
ochn77
ihate city officials

ochn77 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreasFinest View Post
all members are invited except no rice rockets.
how ya gonna ban tha bikes man? lol, that's half the fun watchin those guys wipe out your best ride. heh, just like bikes too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
as long as you don't hold it for too long, its just a little bit of strain on the torque converter. Just don't hold it for like a whole minute. In the time before the light turns green, its not bad.
i'll do it to like 2-2500, but not much more. and my tank is usually always at a quarter tank. and don't forget to have the engine only just warmed up, and it be a nice cool day. and if it's an auto... just effin floor it... if you cleaned your solenoids, it'll still shift beautifully into second with a crap load of power starting the 2nd gear.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:51 PM   #33
Nine Four One
Not on much....

Nine Four One has a spectacular aura aboutNine Four One has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Nine Four One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
stock wheels, inflate the rears to 45-50psi. with the auto, you won't have any trouble launching, so play around with the front tire pressure at around 30psi. take everything out of the trunk and anything else heavy inside the car. Try to run with 1/4 take of gas or so... Torque brake it and hold the rpm at around 3k. you can also just hold the handbrake till the last yellow and just floor it when you go. Do you have any mods?

ok right on iam really looking forward to it this friday. as far as mods i have a short ram intake which i may try and find my old air box lid and just run the stock box with the intake pipe if i can find it and a cat delete test pipe and 2 1/2 inch exhaust with hi flow si muffler. so on the mods iam pretty stock. which is why iam looking forward to getting a base line cause i want to get a telion chip and check that out and as far as the stock rims i have the 7 spokes....now painted retarded kermit the frog green lol and yeah its an auto. but thanks for the info i didnt think about the rear pressure ill deff do that and ill try and get someone to take some video and post it up and for the hell of it here are the wheels iam going to run lol yeah i know they are dumb but i just figured id be dumb and kinda rip off the pink nsx rims idea. considering they are only going to be put on once
Nine Four One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:47 PM   #34
dannymyboy
is currently active.

dannymyboy will become famous soon enough

Where the vids at? I wanna see what I missed.
dannymyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:13 PM   #35
BayAreasFinest
Type 1 King

BayAreasFinest is on a distinguished road

14.8 In 6spd 94 L coupe. Full Interior. 24 pack of Dr Pepper in trunk.

Stromung, b pipe, high flow cat, SR5 stage 3, CAI, Ported Intake manifold, Lightened Crank pulley. Stage 1 clutch on 6 speed Flywheel. regular tire pressure in rear, 23 in front if I remember correctly.

Launch wasnt so bad but 2nd gear I had to feather throttle until wheel caught, really bad wheel spin.
Here are some pics

and a few shity videos

Type 1 stock NA full interior = 14.8 @ 93 MPH
Type 1 CAI NA and DR's full interior = 14.5 @ 94 MPH
My Legend = http://youtu.be/XimYbO6fvRs

Last edited by BayAreasFinest; 11-26-2009 at 10:31 PM.
BayAreasFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:50 AM   #36
Dv8
Life Ruiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreasFinest View Post
14.8 In 6spd 94 L coupe. Full Interior. 24 pack of Dr Pepper in trunk.

Stromung, b pipe, high flow cat, SR5 stage 3, CAI, Ported Intake manifold, Lightened Crank pulley. Stage 1 clutch on 6 speed Flywheel. regular tire pressure in rear, 23 in front if I remember correctly.

Launch wasnt so bad but 2nd gear I had to feather throttle until wheel caught, really bad wheel spin.
Here are some pics
Not too shabby, but capable of lower. 97mph trap is mid to low 14's with a good launch.

Looks like good ol Sac town raceway-60ft's dont register on the time slip. Last pic must me arco down the street.

~Dv8
16 yrs and counting. To many Experts, not enough Results. Where are yours? Retired Legend 616WHP@18PSI 10/11 12.1@124MPH 02/12 N/A 234whp 229lb-ft 13.7@99mph 95 deg. 06/07 Lexus IS-F Nitrous 11.3@123MPH 392WHP 372WTQ I/H/E N/A-Ladies car now.
Go-Kart 35whp 29wlbft http://www.2slik4u.com/
My Garage

"People can always copy what I did first" -Jesse James

RIP Dannie FUT James
Dv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 03:37 PM   #37
BayAreasFinest
Type 1 King

BayAreasFinest is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dv8 View Post
Not too shabby, but capable of lower. 97mph trap is mid to low 14's with a good launch.

Looks like good ol Sac town raceway-60ft's dont register on the time slip. Last pic must me arco down the street.

~Dv8
Yea I thought the same about the trap speed. For some reason all the other slips had the 60'ft but this one did not.
Type 1 stock NA full interior = 14.8 @ 93 MPH
Type 1 CAI NA and DR's full interior = 14.5 @ 94 MPH
My Legend = http://youtu.be/XimYbO6fvRs
BayAreasFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 10:19 PM   #38
l4zy415
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!

l4zy415 has a spectacular aura aboutl4zy415 has a spectacular aura aboutl4zy415 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to l4zy415 Send a message via MSN to l4zy415

Not bad on the time slip.

My Build Thread
Oh my gawd
That jar better blow me twice and cook breakfast for $1000.
l4zy415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 02:21 AM   #39
(=^.^=)
Legend Hater

Not quite racing but an incredible experience. Nashville speedway The car in front of me pissed me off, totally held me back but you can tell by the vid, kitty kar is tight, practically no body roll and ready for the track

unedited, fast forward to about 3.00 to start

3.5 swap, so easy a girl can do it.
Talk is cheap, because the supply is much larger than the demand.
(=^.^=) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:27 AM   #40
Ken
ridin' high

Ken is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ken

^I've always wanted to try some sort of circuit!