AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > Detailing

Old 12-06-2012, 06:26 PM   #11
scheibler

scheibler is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the help. I'll look into new compound/polish combos or maybe even go UNO which i hear is great. I use the meguiars ultimate compound at work and it cuts just fine. Is rated 8/10 compared to m105 which is 10. I'm stil confused as to how many pads i need....do I need more then one for each product or will one foreach product be enough. My boss who owms the detailing business says one per product is fine and some people say 2-4 per product! Thats alot of money
scheibler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:32 PM   #12
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light

I just use one for each product and make sure to keep the pads as clean as possible.

If you want a good one and done product, Pinnacle XMT 360 is great! Top that with a nice paste carnuba and that will look nice. You literally apply that to an orange or white pad (I prefer white for the XMT 360) and you buff it away until there is almost nothing left. I love diminishing abrasives vs micro abrasives because they finish perfect every time without fillers! You can also glaze over the XMT 360 and top with carnuba paste wax, you wont be disapointed going that route either. Could do XMT 360, Poorboy Diamond glaze, and xmt 180 wax. I use that on newer cars with a fairly decent finish on it already. It makes metallic silver pop real nice so I think it would work well on pearl white too.
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:51 AM   #13
scheibler

Does anybody know what type of paint and color comes on my white 93 LS 6spd coupe? Saw you guys mention frost, white, and pearl. And normal paint or single stage
Old 12-08-2012, 11:32 AM   #14
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light

You have Sirius White Pearl, multi stage.
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Old 12-08-2012, 11:53 AM   #15
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Actually before I go ahead and say that....look inside your driver door for the paint code.

Frost white = NH538

Sirius white pearl = NH515P

Old 12-08-2012, 05:10 PM   #16
scheibler

Checked my door. Sirius White Pearl was right. Think i'm going to stick with Ultimate Compound and Polish sonce i've had good results at work and it is cheap!

Think i'll go with Lake Country orange pad for the compound followed by a white pad for the polish.