AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > Detailing > Body Repair and Other Paint Projects

Old 02-23-2012, 04:49 PM   #31
Mike Diaz
Super Duper Member

Mike Diaz will become famous soon enoughMike Diaz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aking View Post
Thanks Mike. Did you paint your blue coupe? The thing had some mean candy flakes in it.

I gotta hit some auctions or CL to find a 20 gall compressor.
I just painted it again. Had to swap everything over to a new chassis because people like to wreck into my coupe. Had to build another hood. Installed solid front motor mounts. Refinished my woodgrain console and dash. Finally installed the type ii cams and gutted y pipe. I need to get with Matt about a new chip. I put a lot less pearl in it this time.

If you get a 20 gallon, find a devilbiss 5 hp and it will keep up pretty good. Dont get a craftsman or generic.

3.5 swaps, head gasket replacements, and 5/6 speed swaps done in less than a week. PM for a quote.
Mike Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:01 PM   #32
Aking

Aking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Aking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Diaz View Post
I just painted it again. Had to swap everything over to a new chassis because people like to wreck into my coupe. Had to build another hood. Installed solid front motor mounts. Refinished my woodgrain console and dash. Finally installed the type ii cams and gutted y pipe. I need to get with Matt about a new chip. I put a lot less pearl in it this time.

If you get a 20 gallon, find a devilbiss 5 hp and it will keep up pretty good. Dont get a craftsman or generic.
you gotta post some pics!!

Glad to see you back on the forums by the way. How's things out in NC??

Oh yea, I finished that engine pull/rebuild project by the way. I remember I was asking you for advice awhile back right before you moved. My coupe is running awesome, that thing is fast as shit!

I'll be doing the sedan this spring, debating on running a 3.5...

www.daytonohioautodetailing.com

Last edited by Aking; 02-23-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Aking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:15 PM   #33
92coupeType2

92coupeType2 is on a distinguished road

Chopped looks like he does a real nice job, i went to school for refinishing and collision repair and all my mechanical knowledge has been self taught. its been a couple years since ive sprayed anything in a booth, no access to one anymore =(

I am wanting to paint my coupe before next winter comes around, im hoping to find a good price or a booth i can rent for a day or 2 around my area.
92coupeType2 is offline   Reply With Quote