AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > First Generation RL (Third Generation Legend) -- 1996 - 2004 > 1st Gen. RL Performance Enhancements

Old 02-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #1
pmendoza502

pmendoza502 is on a distinguished road
Default Muffler options

So I have been thinking about getting an aftermarket muffler for my RL.

I hear the Remus/Sebring mufflers are good, and dont drone, but im hesitant to spend $700 on a muffler...

I was thinking about waiting till my friend gets rid of his magnaflow, but i wanted to know what you guys have on your RLs and your opinions...
pmendoza502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:03 PM   #2
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Will the G2 stromung fit the KA9? I know the KA7 remus fits, maybe get in the GB for the axle back stromung, it's about $500 shipped for that, and I beleive you can get the remus/sebring for about the same cost as well. Do a search for KA7 remus/sebring or stromung, you'll get a bunch of results, but look for FS or GB postings...
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:06 AM   #3
hustlav6
Banned

hustlav6 is on a distinguished road

before you decide to throw out 500$ or more for shiny can with precious logo on it , check my thread http://forums.acuralegend.org/ulter-...rs-t22202.html

it is a universal performance mufflers line with good made quality and very pleasant exhaust note, they cost 55% less than remus and you get almost the same sound
hustlav6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:02 AM   #4
OLD_HATCH

OLD_HATCH is on a distinguished road

I believe the 02+ RL has a different type of muffler that opens up to a straight through at a certain rpm(exhaust pressure probably) so that might be an option. I know mine sounds pretty nice when I floor it.

I am hesitant to install aftermarket mufflers on my RL. If I could figure out which setup to get to make it sound like a 350 or G35 though Id be all into it
Old 02-08-2012, 09:52 AM   #5
Wayne-A-Ferd
The Slow Cruiser

Wayne-A-Ferd is on a distinguished road

Here's one I had on my 95 legend
The video sucks due to phone sound quality but IMO it sounded like a g35 not really loud
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPFX...e_gdata_player

$41 bucks at orileys
http://m.oreillyauto.com/mt/www.orei...0896&ppt=C0112

Edit: stock cat and piping

Last edited by Wayne-A-Ferd; 02-08-2012 at 10:09 AM.
Wayne-A-Ferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:07 AM   #6
hustlav6
Banned

hustlav6 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I believe the 02+ RL has a different type of muffler that opens up to a straight through at a certain rpm(exhaust pressure probably) so that might be an option. I know mine sounds pretty nice when I floor it.
is that a legit info or you just wondering?

Quote:
I am hesitant to install aftermarket mufflers on my RL. If I could figure out which setup to get to make it sound like a 350 or G35 though Id be all into it
from my personal experience i know that SOHC probably would never sound the same as DOHC engine
hustlav6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:25 PM   #7
OLD_HATCH

OLD_HATCH is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustlav6 View Post

Legit, its one of the changes that gave the 02+ RL's 10 more horsepower
Old 02-09-2012, 10:29 PM   #8
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

from my personal experience i know that SOHC probably would never sound the same as DOHC engine
Yes the A33 Maxima (and I35) have a variable muffler as well.

And number of cams doesn't matter as much as header, piping, and muffler design.
RIP fut
sam o nela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:45 AM   #9
B+O
RIP Fut-diesel

B+O has a spectacular aura aboutB+O has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Information is quite accurate. One of many changes made in 02-04 model years.

I want to get it out there, that my Remus Droned...

ALL after market mufflers drone.... How much and where in the RPM is the question. My Remus droned like a b*tch from 2300-2600 RPM under load (going up hill at 45-50mph)

it was SUPER loud. but everywhere else it was fine. That's one thing I remember about it. It would drone pretty bad in certain RPM, and it was the quietest muffler I'd heard on a Legend.
B+O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:50 PM   #10
96KA9

96KA9 is on a distinguished road

I'm in for an aftermarket muffler too. I had a 20" Magnaflow and it was really loud at low RPM, but once you get on the highway it smooth out, it sounds amazing. I had to remove it because I couldn't deal with the drone for stop and go traffic lol.
Here are a few options that I think it might works for our car.
Apexi WS 2 universal
HKS hi power with silencer
30" Magnaflow.