AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > First Generation RL (Third Generation Legend) -- 1996 - 2004 > 1st Gen. RL Performance Enhancements

Old 01-12-2012, 09:16 AM   #21
clynt101

clynt101 will become famous soon enough

WOW. that guy took a bath in about $400 bux!!!! lol.. Im so envious.
clynt101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:19 AM   #22
(=^.^=)
Legend Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Blackhatch View Post
Damn, we did scare him off.
well darn.

I never saw that purple donk you say was in the parking lot the other day
3.5 swap, so easy a girl can do it.
Talk is cheap, because the supply is much larger than the demand.
(=^.^=) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:40 AM   #23
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Damn, we did scare him off.
No offense, but if you asked a question regarding something you didnt know an answer to and got jumped all over for it, would you want to hang around? I think we need to ease up on the sarcasm and flaming new members to the forum. Not like they have a whole lot of credible places to search for answers. Keep in mind, not all of our members are as knowledgeable or mechanically inclined as all of us, and we should be a bit more accepting of the things people choose to do to their cars, whether it suits our personal taste or not.
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:06 AM   #24
CarbonGray3.5
2004 Carbon Gray 3.5

CarbonGray3.5 is on a distinguished road

I understand that Krispie. And I also think common sense plays a role too... I have things that also don't suit my taste... as mentioned before donks, as well as credit card thieves, scammers, back stabbers, etc.

but these are things we have to live with. When i first joined a car forum with my first Civic, i got bashed. It made me strive and want to learn about cars more so I knew the ins and outs of them. A little trouble sometimes can make you into a better person.

A little trouble like hassling someone. Not trouble like fleeing from the cops or something for internet theft or something stupid.

2004 Carbon Grey Metallic Acura 3.5RL with Navigation... the last of the good RLs
CarbonGray3.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #25
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I understand that Krispie. And I also think common sense plays a role too... I have things that also don't suit my taste... as mentioned before donks, as well as credit card thieves, scammers, back stabbers, etc.

but these are things we have to live with. When i first joined a car forum with my first Civic, i got bashed. It made me strive and want to learn about cars more so I knew the ins and outs of them. A little trouble sometimes can make you into a better person.

A little trouble like hassling someone. Not trouble like fleeing from the cops or something for internet theft or something stupid.
No doubt.

Funny you should mention internet theft. I got accused of something real similar. Good thing for me, I save everything, receipts, texts, PM's etc regarding sales conducted, They were ready to convict me based on rumor and assumption alone, case was cleared and I had to jump through a few hoops and present all my information that I had saved, even shared a few jokes with the police over the stories, it's amazing what people will conjure up to slander someone, in the end the proper person was held accountable for the theft and I hope they get what's coming to them.
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Old 01-12-2012, 10:35 AM   #26
CarbonGray3.5
2004 Carbon Gray 3.5

CarbonGray3.5 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
I hope they get what's coming to them.
Pee in their eye sockets?

2004 Carbon Grey Metallic Acura 3.5RL with Navigation... the last of the good RLs
CarbonGray3.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:38 AM   #27
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Quote:
Pee in their eye sockets?
I was thinking tiny paper cuts in their eye lids while pouring lemon juice in the wound, then again, Im kind of vengeful

Old 01-12-2012, 04:17 PM   #28
like no other
Getting It Done

like no other will become famous soon enough

Quote:
No offense, but if you asked a question regarding something you didnt know an answer to and got jumped all over for it, would you want to hang around? I think we need to ease up on the sarcasm and flaming new members to the forum. Not like they have a whole lot of credible places to search for answers. Keep in mind, not all of our members are as knowledgeable or mechanically inclined as all of us, and we should be a bit more accepting of the things people choose to do to their cars, whether it suits our personal taste or not.
That is why I wanted to have my plan in motion before I joined the forum because I wanted to be taken seriously and a lot of members like to only ride the tails of members that have proven them selves before instead of listening to a new member with great ideas that could pave a new way.

Quote:
I was thinking tiny paper cuts in their eye lids while pouring lemon juice in the wound, then again, Im kind of vengeful

Last edited by like no other; 01-12-2012 at 05:36 PM.
like no other is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:08 AM   #29
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Quote:
Originally Posted by like no other View Post
That is why I wanted to have my plan in motion before I joined the forum because I wanted to be taken seriously and a lot of members like to only ride the tails of members that have proven them selves before instead of listening to a new member with great ideas that could pave a new way.

Exactly! We see way too much of that. I know I cant speak for everyone, but I for one am glad you posted up and showed us your project. Some of the older members will remember that Ive been wanting to do a centrifugal s/c build on a G2 since about 2004. I was still fairly new back then, and many members thought it was a crazy idea that would never work because it had been tried before with very little gains. Fast forward to 2012 and now there are accounts of s/c G2's in Korea, your build, and turbo builds like DV8's. .com and .org used to be a place for brainstorming and thinking outside of the collective box, somewhere it turned into a popularity contest and a place to make fun of, ridicule, antagonize, and instigate members for entertainment. This place is entirely way too diverse for us to sit here and say one style is better than another, or one way of doing things is better than another, or even that one group of owners is better than another. We need to start embracing our differences in taste, culture, and vision and get back to working together instead of tearing each other down, because in the end, it's only hurting the community.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:16 AM   #30
aftermathacura

aftermathacura will become famous soon enough

Quote:
. This place is entirely way too diverse for us to sit here and say one style is better than another, or one way of doing things is better than another, or even that one group of owners is better than another. We need to start embracing our differences in taste, culture, and vision and get back to working together instead of tearing each other down, because in the end, it's only hurting the community.

chripsy, comments like this make me proud to be a member here.

every forum is gonna have its share of haters but, being this one is mainly based on all the forms of what honda labeled as the 'LEGEND' that alone should be the common ground for the respect level to start.