AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > First Generation RL (Third Generation Legend) -- 1996 - 2004 > 1st Gen. RL Performance Enhancements

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 09:16 AM   #21
clynt101
Senior Member
 
clynt101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: West Chicago, IL
Posts: 589

Real Name: Clint
clynt101 will become famous soon enough
Default

WOW. that guy took a bath in about $400 bux!!!! lol.. Im so envious.
clynt101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:19 AM   #22
(=^.^=)
Legend Hater
 
(=^.^=)'s Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Blackhatch View Post
Damn, we did scare him off.
well darn.

I never saw that purple donk you say was in the parking lot the other day
__________________
<a href=http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u183/ymisoqt23/kittysig1.jpg target=_blank>http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u.../kittysig1.jpg</a>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socol View Post
3.5 swap, so easy a girl can do it.
Talk is cheap, because the supply is much larger than the demand.
(=^.^=) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:40 AM   #23
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades
 
Chrispy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 8,550
Real Name: Chrisp
Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Blackhatch View Post
Damn, we did scare him off.
No offense, but if you asked a question regarding something you didnt know an answer to and got jumped all over for it, would you want to hang around? I think we need to ease up on the sarcasm and flaming new members to the forum. Not like they have a whole lot of credible places to search for answers. Keep in mind, not all of our members are as knowledgeable or mechanically inclined as all of us, and we should be a bit more accepting of the things people choose to do to their cars, whether it suits our personal taste or not.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:06 AM   #24
CarbonGray3.5
2004 Carbon Gray 3.5
 
CarbonGray3.5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 298
CarbonGray3.5 is on a distinguished road
Default

I understand that Krispie. And I also think common sense plays a role too... I have things that also don't suit my taste... as mentioned before donks, as well as credit card thieves, scammers, back stabbers, etc.

but these are things we have to live with. When i first joined a car forum with my first Civic, i got bashed. It made me strive and want to learn about cars more so I knew the ins and outs of them. A little trouble sometimes can make you into a better person.

A little trouble like hassling someone. Not trouble like fleeing from the cops or something for internet theft or something stupid.
__________________
I'm your Loving Neighborhood Asshole!


2004 Carbon Grey Metallic Acura 3.5RL with Navigation... the last of the good RLs
CarbonGray3.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #25
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades
 
Chrispy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 8,550
Real Name: Chrisp
Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Blackhatch View Post
I understand that Krispie. And I also think common sense plays a role too... I have things that also don't suit my taste... as mentioned before donks, as well as credit card thieves, scammers, back stabbers, etc.

but these are things we have to live with. When i first joined a car forum with my first Civic, i got bashed. It made me strive and want to learn about cars more so I knew the ins and outs of them. A little trouble sometimes can make you into a better person.

A little trouble like hassling someone. Not trouble like fleeing from the cops or something for internet theft or something stupid.
No doubt.

Funny you should mention internet theft. I got accused of something real similar. Good thing for me, I save everything, receipts, texts, PM's etc regarding sales conducted, They were ready to convict me based on rumor and assumption alone, case was cleared and I had to jump through a few hoops and present all my information that I had saved, even shared a few jokes with the police over the stories, it's amazing what people will conjure up to slander someone, in the end the proper person was held accountable for the theft and I hope they get what's coming to them.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:35 AM   #26
CarbonGray3.5
2004 Carbon Gray 3.5
 
CarbonGray3.5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 298
CarbonGray3.5 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
I hope they get what's coming to them.
Pee in their eye sockets?
__________________
I'm your Loving Neighborhood Asshole!


2004 Carbon Grey Metallic Acura 3.5RL with Navigation... the last of the good RLs
CarbonGray3.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:38 AM   #27
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades
 
Chrispy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 8,550
Real Name: Chrisp
Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Blackhatch View Post
Pee in their eye sockets?
I was thinking tiny paper cuts in their eye lids while pouring lemon juice in the wound, then again, Im kind of vengeful
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:17 PM   #28
like no other
Getting It Done
 
like no other's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 363



like no other will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
No offense, but if you asked a question regarding something you didnt know an answer to and got jumped all over for it, would you want to hang around? I think we need to ease up on the sarcasm and flaming new members to the forum. Not like they have a whole lot of credible places to search for answers. Keep in mind, not all of our members are as knowledgeable or mechanically inclined as all of us, and we should be a bit more accepting of the things people choose to do to their cars, whether it suits our personal taste or not.
That is why I wanted to have my plan in motion before I joined the forum because I wanted to be taken seriously and a lot of members like to only ride the tails of members that have proven them selves before instead of listening to a new member with great ideas that could pave a new way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
I was thinking tiny paper cuts in their eye lids while pouring lemon juice in the wound, then again, Im kind of vengeful
__________________
hard work + dedication = perseverance

Last edited by like no other; 01-12-2012 at 05:36 PM.
like no other is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:08 AM   #29
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades
 
Chrispy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 8,550
Real Name: Chrisp
Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by like no other View Post
That is why I wanted to have my plan in motion before I joined the forum because I wanted to be taken seriously and a lot of members like to only ride the tails of members that have proven them selves before instead of listening to a new member with great ideas that could pave a new way.


Exactly! We see way too much of that. I know I cant speak for everyone, but I for one am glad you posted up and showed us your project. Some of the older members will remember that Ive been wanting to do a centrifugal s/c build on a G2 since about 2004. I was still fairly new back then, and many members thought it was a crazy idea that would never work because it had been tried before with very little gains. Fast forward to 2012 and now there are accounts of s/c G2's in Korea, your build, and turbo builds like DV8's. .com and .org used to be a place for brainstorming and thinking outside of the collective box, somewhere it turned into a popularity contest and a place to make fun of, ridicule, antagonize, and instigate members for entertainment. This place is entirely way too diverse for us to sit here and say one style is better than another, or one way of doing things is better than another, or even that one group of owners is better than another. We need to start embracing our differences in taste, culture, and vision and get back to working together instead of tearing each other down, because in the end, it's only hurting the community.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:16 AM   #30
aftermathacura
Member
 
aftermathacura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: A-TOWN
Posts: 440
aftermathacura will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
. This place is entirely way too diverse for us to sit here and say one style is better than another, or one way of doing things is better than another, or even that one group of owners is better than another. We need to start embracing our differences in taste, culture, and vision and get back to working together instead of tearing each other down, because in the end, it's only hurting the community.


chripsy, comments like this make me proud to be a member here.

every forum is gonna have its share of haters but, being this one is mainly based on all the forms of what honda labeled as the 'LEGEND' that alone should be the common ground for the respect level to start.
__________________
''the ka9 is my weapon of choice in this legend game''
aftermathacura is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
supercharger v5 like no other 2nd Gen. Legend Performance Enhancements 386 10-18-2012 01:50 PM
supercharger info (""\(0,o)/"") 2nd Gen. Legend Performance Enhancements 5 06-17-2011 01:20 PM
Supercharger setups? (who has them? show them!) Legend-Coupe 2nd Gen. Legend Performance Enhancements 71 08-18-2010 06:32 AM
Hybrids 3.5 supercharger build hybridgslegend 2nd Gen. Legend Performance Enhancements 37 06-20-2009 08:01 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

AcuraLegend.Org is not affiliated with, nor represents in any form, Acura and Honda Motor Company. Some logos and names used herein remain the trademark of Honda Motor Company.