AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > First Generation RL (Third Generation Legend) -- 1996 - 2004 > 1st Gen. RL Performance Enhancements

Old 06-07-2013, 12:03 PM   #1
CarbonGray3.5
2004 Carbon Gray 3.5

CarbonGray3.5 is on a distinguished road
Default Time to make a suspension change... all info is welcomed.

I'm shopping for new suspension for the RL. The K-Sport Kontrol Pros are starting to give out after several years of use and i want to upgrade.

So, I've been shopping for air ride, but I know nothing about it. I see that companies make full kits and everything for the Legends and not much at all for the RL, and if you do find one, you'll be paying a lot for them of course.

So i was seeing what people knew about air ride setups and to get feedback on it. If you built your setup or bought it complete as is.

All info is welcomed and appreciated.

example... this setup is for a Legend, but I've heard of people modifying it for the RL...

http://compare.ebay.com/like/3004694...Types&var=sbar

but this is what i am focusing on...
http://www.airrunnersystems.com/air-suspension/acura

2004 Carbon Grey Metallic Acura 3.5RL with Navigation... the last of the good RLs
CarbonGray3.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:55 PM   #2
Vipka9

Vipka9 is on a distinguished road

didnt you just say your ksports are giving out lol why would you go get the air kit from them lol
Vipka9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:45 AM   #3
CarbonGray3.5
2004 Carbon Gray 3.5

Well, after 3 years of nonstop actual use and driving on them every day... I think they held up pretty well being on 2 different RL chassis and all the abuse it's seen on the terrible St. Louis streets.

So they held up, but K-sport only makes a setup for the 91-95 Legend and another member on a distant forum called K-Sport and they apparently built a set up to work for the RL.

But after thinking about it, I'd rather do it right and find a kit that is already built and ready for the KA9 instead of piece together something, so that is why i think I'm going to go for the Air Runner kit.

2004 Carbon Grey Metallic Acura 3.5RL with Navigation... the last of the good RLs
Old 06-24-2013, 10:18 AM   #4
CarbonGray3.5
2004 Carbon Gray 3.5

anyone have some info or feedback on air suspension and what i need to look out and shop for when buying a set up?

Old 08-20-2013, 11:55 AM   #5
pmendoza502

pmendoza502 is on a distinguished road

http://forums.acuralegend.org/some-p...ld-t27704.html

http://ksportusa.com/products/air-suspension/

i have the airtech deluxe for the first gen tsx with legend top hats and it works and feels just fine

ive had them for 9 months and put 9000 miles on them already... only problem ive had so far is a check valve going bad on me. a $10-30min diy fix...

i would get this again anyday over the airrunner simply because the airrunner shocks arent as comfortable...

or you could always get the airstruts i have and then get http://www.accuairsuspension.com/pro..._amp_tpad.html
pmendoza502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:58 AM   #6
CarbonGray3.5
2004 Carbon Gray 3.5

Really? I heard that Air Runner was one of the best kits in so many ways... and to hear you say they are uncomfortable is strange.

What made them uncomfy if you don't mind me asking...

I'm just curious and asking a lot of questions before i pull a trigger on something.

Old 01-21-2014, 10:37 AM   #7
pmendoza502

alot of people on vipstyle forums and airsociety forums along with a few shops here in the bay area like speedelement arent too keen on airrunner, seeing as most of their kits are just sleeves and bags over KYB shocks, some of the air runner kits use the GR2 non adjustable gas strut and some use an adjustable gas strut but for a higher price of course... their air management is pretty outdated as well.

Speed element advised me that they wouldnt go with accuair simply because the ride height sensors tend to damage easily, they say that pressure based air management systems like the Airlift V2 and Ksports top of the line (pro plus i believe) is the way to go if you drive the car often to daily..
Old 04-01-2014, 02:59 PM   #8
96KA9

96KA9 is on a distinguished road

How long did you have your Ksport? I'm planning to get one.
Here are a few coilover that is available, if you don't want the air coiolover;
D2 DH-123 newest one for the Legend.
BC Racing coilover for the ka9.
Tein street advance.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:12 PM   #9
pmendoza502

dont forget, tsx coilovers fit, you just need to either retain your tophats, or get legend tophats and drill holes, add nuts and bolts for the strut tower bar...
Old 11-30-2015, 05:11 PM   #10
pmendoza502

ive had my ksport airstruts for 4 years now. accuair for 2 years, system runs great. no problems with the major components. Air is fun, it does however add another list of small maintenance parts you have to keep an eye on. Mainly in my case, one way or check valves. viairs tend to have a working life of only 2 years and fail often. SMC i hear is the way to go.