AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend General Discussion

Old 10-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #21
sr5guy
Troll Hunter

sr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to all

I hope you guys aren't stopping with just the pipes. There is a whole chamber in the back of the manifold that clogs solid.

-Matt
Old 10-04-2013, 10:45 AM   #22
DevanTheDude
Ninjaneer

DevanTheDude will become famous soon enoughDevanTheDude will become famous soon enough

This was my buddies at 170K (never been pulled or cleaned)

100% clogged

My CDM sedan at 90k (also had never been cleaned)

90% clogged

Both the lower manifold plenums were clogged as well.
DevanTheDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:48 AM   #23
"Chopped"
Currently Building

"Chopped" is on a distinguished road

This Chamber?
Old 10-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #24
typeIIdude

typeIIdude is on a distinguished road

Does the octane rating on fuel used contribute either way and does using a gas additive like RP reduce EGR blockage potential?
typeIIdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #25
"Chopped"
Currently Building

"Chopped" is on a distinguished road

I Would Think The Higher Octane Fuel Would Burn Cleaner...Thus Leaving Less Deposits Of Carbon...But Im Not Even Smart Enough To Stop My Phone From Capitalizing Everything...Lol.
Old 10-04-2013, 03:30 PM   #26
daveCFPrez
54102-SP0-A00

daveCFPrez has a spectacular aura aboutdaveCFPrez has a spectacular aura about

Damn I better zap off an email to the dealership and ask how much this is going to run me. *sigh*

"I find quite often that the "offer I can't refuse" is pretty easy to refuse." rwheadon

Trying to sell something that is in "mint" condition? Please read here: http://forums.acuralegend.org/showpo...39&postcount=1
daveCFPrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:02 PM   #27
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Chopped" View Post
I Would Think The Higher Octane Fuel Would Burn Cleaner...Thus Leaving Less Deposits Of Carbon...But Im Not Even Smart Enough To Stop My Phone From Capitalizing Everything...Lol.
SIGGED!
RIP fut
sam o nela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #28
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

I'd be very interested to see someone's manifold chamber with long term use of a catch can.
RIP fut
sam o nela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #29
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

My tube and passage were both about 80-85% blocked at 280K and I doubt it was ever cleaned before I bought the car back in 2000. I use premium fuel only unless I was broke and I'd say maybe 3 times ever did I use less than premium fuel in EEV!

Old 10-04-2013, 06:07 PM   #30
MarcD
Low mileage nutso

MarcD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr5guy View Post
I hope you guys aren't stopping with just the pipes. There is a whole chamber in the back of the manifold that clogs solid.

-Matt
Matt is right. I did not really go beyond the pipe, but did take a small screwdriver and a piece of semi stiff wire and ran it in diagonally in the chamber and did a crude cleaning by sort of snaking that around in there. I know it's probably not as effective but did not want to go into removing the plenum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveCFPrez View Post
Damn I better zap off an email to the dealership and ask how much this is going to run me. *sigh*
Dave- the pipe is pretty easy to remove just a little difficult being on the rear of the engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam o nela View Post
I'd be very interested to see someone's manifold chamber with long term use of a catch can.
Well, I have catch cans on mine but I don't put enough miles on to be able to tell anytime soon. I will say it collects a decent amount of oil within as little as 500 miles.
MarcD is offline   Reply With Quote