AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend General Discussion

Old 07-12-2012, 10:57 AM   #131
drw1068

drw1068 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Matt U R A lifesaver.
drw1068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:11 AM   #132
drw1068

drw1068 is on a distinguished road

By the way, I pulled the plugs on the Legend and they all looked normal except for the front plug on the drivers side, it was so clean I could hardly unscrew it from the engine. I know most bhg's happen on the last plug on the passenger side but clearly this plug is getting a daily pressure wash and this is where the head gasket has failed. Can I get away with just changing the drivers side gasket?
drw1068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:01 PM   #133
Krizno
Small fry

Krizno is on a distinguished road

Its like buying one shoe bro
Old 07-12-2012, 03:05 PM   #134
Wes
Member that 1 time?

Wes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krizno View Post
Its like buying one shoe bro
LOL!! Sigged!
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:59 PM   #135
Krizno
Small fry

Krizno is on a distinguished road

Ha ha. Thats how I looked at it when I was going to replace mine. I mean you only have to take out like 16 more bolts lol.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:33 AM   #136
Speedy86

Speedy86 is on a distinguished road

recently performed the lower manifold update and cleaned my egr syetem the tube from the egr valve to the manifold was clogged solid i found soaking it in sea foam over night cleaned it out
Speedy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:20 AM   #137
Dr B Smith

Dr B Smith is on a distinguished road

I took Matt's advice and put vacuum to the EGR valve while the engine was at a warm idle. The engine sputtered slightly but did not stall. Can anyone let me know how much of a change to the idle I should see when the vacuum is applied to the EGR valve?

2000 Acura RL
Dr B Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:10 PM   #138
Quaraxkad
Moderator?

Quaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Quaraxkad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr B Smith View Post
I took Matt's advice and put vacuum to the EGR valve while the engine was at a warm idle. The engine sputtered slightly but did not stall. Can anyone let me know how much of a change to the idle I should see when the vacuum is applied to the EGR valve?
Any change means that the valve is opening and exhaust is making it through to the combustion chambers. That means the passages are not blocked. But there's no specification for how much the idle should change if the EGR passages are completely clear vs. half-clogged. If you're concerned about it you'll just have to take it apart and clean it, but in your case I wouldn't recommend taking that time unless you already had some other reason to be removing the intake manifold.
Quaraxkad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:59 PM   #139
Dr B Smith

Dr B Smith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaraxkad View Post
Any change means that the valve is opening and exhaust is making it through to the combustion chambers. That means the passages are not blocked. But there's no specification for how much the idle should change if the EGR passages are completely clear vs. half-clogged. If you're concerned about it you'll just have to take it apart and clean it, but in your case I wouldn't recommend taking that time unless you already had some other reason to be removing the intake manifold.
Quaraxkad:

Hey thanks for the explanation!

2000 Acura RL
Dr B Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:41 PM   #140
holyabish1

holyabish1 will become famous soon enoughholyabish1 will become famous soon enough

Another one bites the dust... duh duh duh.... another one bites the dust...