AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend General Discussion

Old 12-15-2017, 11:18 AM   #1
carwhisperer

carwhisperer is on a distinguished road
Default ECU needs body control module to run?

I am working on the harness for my 93 T2 C32A/s speed VW swap. I want to make it as simple as possible, and avoid getting the ECU flashed or chipped if possible. I eliminated the variable intake runner length system and the EGR system. Do you think this would work and not throw codes?

1. Keep the EGR on board, although not attached to the engine. Connect the EGR solenoid pneumatic valve and the EGR position sensor to the ECU. Connect the pneumatic valve to the intake manifold vacuum source and the the EGR valve. Then the ECU will see that it is opening the valve when it wants to. However, it won't actually open. I think this might make me run a little bit lean at cruise. Hopefully that won't be a problem.

2. Do I need the body control module (or whatever it's called) hooked up for the ECU to run the engine? Will I get a CEL if it's not hooked up?

3. Is there an anti theft system that needs to send a signal to the ECU?

Those last two are GM things. Wondering if they apply here.
carwhisperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 11:50 AM   #2
holyabish1

holyabish1 will become famous soon enoughholyabish1 will become famous soon enough

Not sure about 2 or 3. But the EGR does not check for flow, just for valve operation. It will not throw a code if not connected to the engine, but will throw a code if completely disconnected. I do believe what you mentioned will work as far as no code.

But, really, it should be tuned considering you are deleting the Runners also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk