AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > The Projects > Legend Builds

Old 06-07-2017, 06:21 PM   #171
holyabish1

holyabish1 will become famous soon enoughholyabish1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift View Post
Respect. You did the work yourself, set realistic goals and achieved those goals. No need to push it and just enjoy the car! Seriously, ...like one of the few guys I actually respect on this site.

PS- I would make a supercharger bracket etc to sell as a "kit" later and make some money back to fix the car as a whole up...
Thank ya. My goal is still 320 on the mustang dyno. Pretty confident we can make it, safely. I did do a lot of it myself, but big props to those that helped me and guided me on my first boosted build.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:45 PM   #172
holyabish1

holyabish1 will become famous soon enoughholyabish1 will become famous soon enough

Old 06-16-2017, 08:20 AM   #173
lgnd4u2nv

lgnd4u2nv is on a distinguished road

YES! The sound of a supercharged Legend is music to my ears. Keep up the good work. I'll be watching.
Old 10-28-2017, 11:22 AM   #174
holyabish1

Haven't updated in a while.

Well, the sc finally bit the bullet a couple days before the SE meet (of course it would). We all knew it was coming since the bearings were already loud, lol.

One of the high speed bearings failed and trashed the unit. Luckily nothing made it to the engine.

On a plus note, got myself two more units for $600, one with less than 1k miles on it.

Added a water to air intercooler, and some adjustments to the BoV. She's back to normal, actually sounds completely different with a fresh unit. No where near as loud, lol.

Can't wait to find the time to schedule a dyno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-19-2017, 04:26 PM   #175
Swift
is building things

If you have the clearance...I would try re-routing piping from supercharger to like the top of the air-water intercooler and then the outlet to throttlebody would be on bottom.

I have read not to long ago a very well done test and it proved the more bends can be highly restrictive on HP gained. I mean this is obvious really...but it CLEARLY showed even removing one bend would equal x amount of power. It was quite considerable too.

Ps- Can you rebuild the one you toasted. I mean the housing is good right?

"I never teach my pupils. I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn. "
Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 07:51 PM   #176
holyabish1

The bad unit can be rebuilt, around $5/600 with new impeller (can even get machined for G instead of Ftrim), higher speed bearings, and new seals. That's paying a rebuild shop to do it. The volute will need to be machined either way, and definitely a new impeller. I'm going to leave it gutted for now, just to make a light unit for a possible future mockup.

I agree about the discharge piping. The plan is to get one welded next season. Would really like to have no 90* bends if I can do it. It's an odd setup now working with the materials I had on hand. The upper rad hose is also in the most inconvenient place. Lol. But I think I can angle it to barely miss the upper rad hose and have a straight shot to the cooler. Then wrap the discharge piping or thermal coat it since it's right in front of hot fans.

Old 12-28-2017, 07:24 PM   #177
holyabish1

Instead of toting around the laptop, put in a tablet running windows 10. Now I can use tunerpro daily.

Old 12-29-2017, 04:03 PM   #178
Swift
is building things

Very cool!

"I never teach my pupils. I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn. "
Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:24 AM   #179
holyabish1

Had a successful trip to the FL New Years meet. Long trip for three days, but worth it.

Old 04-18-2018, 04:25 PM   #180
holyabish1

Spring is finally here!!

Went for a set of Federal RS-RRs for the price of two tires being the price of one R888 or PSS.

225/45/17. But measured out to 235 really.

Bested the G-Max by almost a whole second 0-100.

Here's a good compare video. Happy with the 10.6-10.8 0-100mph