AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > The Projects > Non-Legend Builds

Old 01-18-2015, 06:47 PM   #1
Wayne-A-Ferd
The Slow Cruiser

Wayne-A-Ferd is on a distinguished road
Default The ferd's 1990 Iroc-z Camaro.

So, thought I'd share what I've been up to with you guys, now that I remembered my password here haha.
So I picked up the iroc for 850.00, has the 5.7l 350, tuned port injection, 700r4 auto trans, missing lots of interior parts. None of the gauges worked, someone shaved the doors (drives me nuts!) After a month or two of owning it, I blew out a headgasket racing a 2014 subaru sti three times back to back. Never lost. Lol. In the guys defense, he just got it the night before so drivein it was a challenge for him. Lol I guess.. my camaro is rated at only 245hp 345 torque. Not looking up the ratings on the subaru. And way after about a month of sitting in my uncles garage, countless hours and money spent. The monster was born. Haha.

(I'll add pictures in a little bit. Have to do the "forgot my password" on photobucket)

But so far all I've done was rebuilt the heads, some porting and full gasket match heads, plenum and lower intake base. Installed headman long tube headers, running true duels out the rear with two flowtech "raptor" mufflers.

I got a set of seats from a friend. They are in way better condition then my old ones.

Made a hidden switch panel in my ashtray lol. At the moment my fuel pump don't turn off so the toggle switch kills it.

Had two blow outs, no body damage.

Couple days ago I found a set of doors with door handles. Picked them up for 60 bucks. All glass and everything is there.
Installed the drivers side today. Pain in the ass to line up such a heavy door.

think that's it at the moment. I'll add pictures soon.